Jump to content
Hezzie

What did you get at Ulta this week??

Recommended Posts

I ordered more polish so I could get the Paradise Bloom freebie

 

 

Bare Minimum (SH) Chocolate Kiss (SH) Maine Attraction (CR) Purple Haze (SH)   Got my shipping notice this morning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My addiction is out of control this week. I ordered online:

 

pencil sharperner, lipstain, eye shadow, and "skin clearing tool" which looks like a blackhead remover that I desperately need. 

 

I'll probably stop by the store tonight to redeem my rewards coupon for this month. And I'll be avoiding the nail polish aisles lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My name is Leilani, and I am addicted to Ulta. I totally ordered 3 nail polishes so I could get the free makeup bag/makeup about a week ago. lol. But then while I was on the site I was like, hey why not get free shipping?

 

$60 later... icon_lol.gif

 

I got my stuff in yesterday evening but I tore most of it open and put it away already. I'll see what I can get together for pics later. hahaha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani View Post

 

My name is Leilani, and I am addicted to Ulta. I totally ordered 3 nail polishes so I could get the free makeup bag/makeup about a week ago. lol. But then while I was on the site I was like, hey why not get free shipping?

 

$60 later... icon_lol.gif

 

I got my stuff in yesterday evening but I tore most of it open and put it away already. I'll see what I can get together for pics later. hahaha!

I had ordered enough to get the freebie and then realized I was only $10 away from free shipping so I grabbed another bottle of polish and a sharpener. LOL Any reason to get just one more thing!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't take pics today because I depend on natural light and its dark here today so here are the pics they sent me in an email:

 

 

 

I have to say that I love these 3 items. The cream eyeshadow is amazing. At first it seemed a little wet but once it dries it doesn't budge. The tinted lip balm is perfect. You can actually tell its tinted once you put it on, unlike some other brands. And I saved the best for last, the liquid eyeliner is nothing short of perfection. It goes on dark, dries quickly, and doesn't move. I love it.

 

Ulta order.jpegUlta order 2.jpegUlta order 3.jpeg

Not sure how I feel about the bouncy blush. I haven't worn it yet but I swatched it. I got some on my finger and when I went to put it on the back of my hand most of stayed on my finger. I'm wondering what would be the best way to apply it.

 

Ulta order 5.jpeg

 

These colors are soooo beautiful!! I wouldn't normally pic these colors, I wanted to step outside the box and I am so glad I did. Love this.

 

Ulta order 4.jpeg

 

 

Free samples!!

 

Ulta order 6.jpeg

 

Ulta order 7.jpeg

 

Ulta order 8.jpeg

 

 

I am soooo over the moon about my order!! If I could afford to place another order this week I so would.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You won't be disappointed. Like I said, it needs a minute to dry but then its on there good.
 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

Ulta brand liquid eyeliner is my favorite! I just ordered the whipped eyeshadow, I'm really excited for it! 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I placed my first ever order with Ulta yesterday- That bonus bag totally suckered me in!

 

I got:

 

- Ulta Precision Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon (so glad to see the positive things being said about it)

- Ulta Extreme Wear Lip Stain in Lucky in Love

- Ulta Eyeshadow in Lustre

- Nyx Smokey Look Kit

- Neutrogena Healthy Radiance Cream (Trying to find a new day moisturizer- The search has been long)

- Olay Total Effects Line & Dark Circle Minimizer

- Samples of Murad Renewing Eye Cream, Oscar Blandi at Home Salon Glaze Packet, & Fekkai Advanced Gloss Shampoo & Conditioner

- And the free set in Countryside Gleam

 

Tuesday seems SO far away :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have like 5 Ulta e/s (besides the free kit I received with my order) and I love them. And I have the portfolio make up kit they had out in October, its awesome. I really don't think you'll be disappointed with anything in your order. I have tons of stuff from Nyx and I can honestly say that that there's not one thing I don't like. Let me know how you like the lip stain when you get it.
 

Originally Posted by sprite9034 View Post

I placed my first ever order with Ulta yesterday- That bonus bag totally suckered me in!

 

I got:

 

- Ulta Precision Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon (so glad to see the positive things being said about it)

- Ulta Extreme Wear Lip Stain in Lucky in Love

- Ulta Eyeshadow in Lustre

- Nyx Smokey Look Kit

- Neutrogena Healthy Radiance Cream (Trying to find a new day moisturizer- The search has been long)

- Olay Total Effects Line & Dark Circle Minimizer

- Samples of Murad Renewing Eye Cream, Oscar Blandi at Home Salon Glaze Packet, & Fekkai Advanced Gloss Shampoo & Conditioner

- And the free set in Countryside Gleam

 

Tuesday seems SO far away :(



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Ulta tonight, lol. Redeemed my rewards certificate for a bright green piggy polish, also picked up revlon whimsical, a lip butter, and some lash adhesive. I was trying really hard to hold back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I know what you mean. Every time I go in there I have to have a budget because I could go crazy lol

 

 

General question for everyone. Does anyone know when Ulta gets new stock?? For instance, do all store get new/more stock on the same day?? If so what day?

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

Went to Ulta tonight, lol. Redeemed my rewards certificate for a bright green piggy polish, also picked up revlon whimsical, a lip butter, and some lash adhesive. I was trying really hard to hold back.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was just at ulta on wednesday...  i got the hair conditioner with my bonus certificate and bought 2 nail polishes and the double duty foundation so i could get the bonus bag..  i picked lavender fields..  sorry bad pic....

 

ulta.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by Hezzie View Post


I know what you mean. Every time I go in there I have to have a budget because I could go crazy lol

 

 

General question for everyone. Does anyone know when Ulta gets new stock?? For instance, do all store get new/more stock on the same day?? If so what day?



 



I'm not sure! I think it depends on the product line, at least when I worked at target, cosmetics were one of the few departments where we didn't stock the shelves but the vendor came in. I assume its similar everywhere those products are sold, but I don't know for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually went and got my hair cut at Ulta this week, and I purchased a Styling Iron Cleaner to remove the gunk that stays on my curling irons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I always forget that they have a salon.

Originally Posted by perlanga View Post

I actually went and got my hair cut at Ulta this week, and I purchased a Styling Iron Cleaner to remove the gunk that stays on my curling irons.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tried the eye shadow that came in the freebie bags? I'm not impressed with it at all.

 

The swatches I tried to do didn't come out cause it was hard to get any color to actually transfer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Pancua View Post

 

Has anyone tried the eye shadow that came in the freebie bags? I'm not impressed with it at all.

 

The swatches I tried to do didn't come out cause it was hard to get any color to actually transfer.

 

I haven't even opened them despite having them for two weeks or so. I've never been impressed with ulta brand shadows, at least not of those kind. did you try doing it wet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


i used mine..  i LOVE them.. ..  i got lavender fields.. the colors are all very wearable shades that work well together.  you can see them in my pic..  which set did you choose?
 

Originally Posted by Pancua View Post

Has anyone tried the eye shadow that came in the freebie bags? I'm not impressed with it at all.

 

The swatches I tried to do didn't come out cause it was hard to get any color to actually transfer.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same one and the green set is on its way to me as well. I'll keep playing with them see if I can get them to work.

 



Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher View Post


i used mine..  i LOVE them.. ..  i got lavender fields.. the colors are all very wearable shades that work well together.  you can see them in my pic..  which set did you choose?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Pancua View Post

 

I have the same one and the green set is on its way to me as well. I'll keep playing with them see if I can get them to work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

hmmm i'm kinda confused? what isnt working with them?? i did a simple smoky eye with mine and had no trouble with the colors showing, in fact i had to tone down a few of the darker ones..  i used brushes to apply, not those lil sponge tings they supplied...  the green set is sooo pretty!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher View Post

 

 

 

 

 

hmmm i'm kinda confused? what isnt working with them?? i did a simple smoky eye with mine and had no trouble with the colors showing, in fact i had to tone down a few of the darker ones..  i used brushes to apply, not those lil sponge tings they supplied...  the green set is sooo pretty!!

 

I use brushes as well and when I do swatches, I'm having to do upwards of 4 - 5 passes before there is any color. I'll take pics tomorrow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the orange set. I haven't used both quads but the one I did use was OK. Its good if you want a softer look. I haven't really played with them yet though. I have lots of other Ulta e/s and i think these are definitely not as good.
 

Originally Posted by Pancua View Post

Has anyone tried the eye shadow that came in the freebie bags? I'm not impressed with it at all.

 

The swatches I tried to do didn't come out cause it was hard to get any color to actually transfer.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My paradise bloom order is in!!  Yay!

 

I still need to do my swatches from the Purple set and now the Green set. Should have that up this week

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Recent images in this topic

  • Posts

    • My Netflix subscription is cancelled. I was only allowed the free month. I wanted so badly to watch a new show called Ares that came out Friday. I did not think I would get to see it before my subscription expired, but I did. I was able to watch it on the last day! I was so happy, because I'm not allowed to renew Netflix per my no buy rules. And I can't live with exceptions to my rules. Ares I loved and hated at the same time. I loved the cast, acting, sets, costumes, hair and makeup, exteriors, and story line. Ares is a great story about a poor and stressed college girl joining an Illuminati type of cult, in Amsterdam. But I hated all the gory horror, and they killed off so many interesting characters. The gory horror is hard to watch, and could be triggering to some. I know the gruesome elements are symbolizing something important in the story, but it's disturbing. The first episodes were good at developing the story, but at the end it was exhausting with all the violence. I think it would have been great as just a psychological drama. Still I'm so glad I got to watch it without violating my rules. Back to watching no buy videos on YouTube now. 
    • I didn't tryied the vitimin C serum cream for my skin, I think it very harsh when you are using it at your skin so it would be hard for me to have it I will try something else..
    • Today was pay day. I paid $22.90 extra on my credit card. I realized I'm now halfway done with my goal for the month - to pay $100.00 toward my credit card (including minimum payment). It's halfway through the month, so I am right on track! I made a $30 payment last week. I got deodorant, the only beauty item I need to replace. I ended up not getting the fancy new Secret or an Avon set, but just regular Secret Paris Rose from Dollar General. It was $5 - I thought that was a little high in price. I had this deo before during my No Buys, so it's a tradition. I didn't feel like spending extra or taking the time to order online. Too lazy to fill out the order pages! I sure am out of practice shopping! 
    • What am I wishing for right now? Yesterday I was looking at the Yves Rocher French website to see if they have anything new that might come to the US. I found something to love, but not a thing this time. In France, Yves Rocher has special salons. They have some fabulous sounding treatments. One I really fell in love with was an eyebrow treatment. They put eye patches under your eyes, then while those are on, they shape the eyebrows. After all is done, they apply an eye cream. That's what I'd love right now, and I suppose I could copy it at home with what I already have. 
    • It feels like it has been January for a long time, but we're only halfway through the month. There's still time to do a lot of things this month!  I have some empties! I finished my three DHC foil packets, the two mini micellar waters from my Yves Rocher Advent Calendar, and my Neutrogena Shampoo mini.  Now using up: June Jacobs Green Tea and Cucumber Shampoo mini Freeman Cucumber and Pink Salt Masque packet MAC Strobe Cream mini in Pinklite - This is a really nice cream that has a bit of pink color corrector and a bit of luminosity. It's great for a no makeup routine! Very pretty, and feels wonderful on the skin. I got it in an Ipsy bag.  I had the Freeman cucumber masque in my project use it up in January 2018. Now I have another one to use. There is a lot of product in the packet. It is enough for several weeks of use. But it is a clay masque, so it gets dry and messy in the packet. I recall having a hard time using it all up before. So I opened the packet all around the edges, and used a spatula to transfer the contents into an empty jar so it will stay fresh and be easier to use up. I'm looking forward to using it with my new masque brush! I will be having some fun masque and movie nights!     

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×