Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
yousoldtheworld

Glossybox January 2013

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by LisaLeah View Post

 

I don't think they have done many collaboration boxes in the past. (if any) They did recently make a lot of management changes in the US office (hence the lack of CS agents at the moment) so I think things are going to change for the better. More interesting boxes..ultimately better customer service...etc. That's just my opinion.

The Man Repeller collab is a FANTASTIC idea. A lot of eyes (and press) will be on this January box, so they really have to make it great.

I hope I'm right.

 

Enjoy your sub!!!!!

 

Good to know. Okay you have convinced me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by wishinstar777 View Post

 

 

Good to know. Okay you have convinced me!

Now I REALLY hope I'm right. :)

 

I do think if you are going to take a gamble and resub...January is absolutely the month to do it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LisaLeah View Post

 

Now I REALLY hope I'm right. :)

 

I do think if you are going to take a gamble and resub...January is absolutely the month to do it!

 

 

 

I actually really enjoyed December's box but wasn't sure it was worth the $21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by wishinstar777 View Post

 

 

 

 

I actually really enjoyed December's box but wasn't sure it was worth the $21.

I felt like that with the November box...it was my first box and I felt like it was an okay box.

Last month was a lot better than November's box but it wasn't horrible since I was able to get it for about $13.00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really impressed with my box last month, I can't wait to see what's in store for January a la Man Repeller!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by skylola123 View Post

 

I felt like that with the November box...it was my first box and I felt like it was an okay box.

Last month was a lot better than November's box but it wasn't horrible since I was able to get it for about $13.00

 

I really hope our expectations are met for this January box!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by wishinstar777 View Post

 

 

I really hope our expectations are met for this January box!

I know so do I, I promised I would give it 3 months so I hope that its the best box ever.

 

I still have a feeling I will stay for February since it will be Valentine's month lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blah the blush code doesn't seem to work for me anymore. I figured I'll keep the sub one more month but I wanted to send two more gift boxes for the january box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by pride View Post

 

blah the blush code doesn't seem to work for me anymore. I figured I'll keep the sub one more month but I wanted to send two more gift boxes for the january box.

That code apparently expired end of December. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope its better than the last two months! my nov box was missing items, was told I would receive a replacement box over a month ago, still waiting, and several dozen calls later to which there was never a live person answering and half a dozen emails later still waiting for a resolution! if I my interest wasn't piqued by the man repeller box I would have cancelled already such a bummer as sept box was awesome, June was pretty good, julu, August, and October were decent. they also have the best actual box. has anyone else made the drawers out of the boxes? I did and it came out as such a cute way to store beauty products especially since plastic drawers can be so pricy! emailed Glossybox again last night and can only hope that a real person will actually respond in a reasonable amount of time since the phone number is useless! anyone have any tips for getting thought to CS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jaclynsmusings View Post

 

I just hope its better than the last two months! my nov box was missing items, was told I would receive a replacement box over a month ago, still waiting, and several dozen calls later to which there was never a live person answering and half a dozen emails later still waiting for a resolution! if I my interest wasn't piqued by the man repeller box I would have cancelled already

such a bummer as sept box was awesome, June was pretty good, julu, August, and October were decent. they also have the best actual box. has anyone else made the drawers out of the boxes? I did and it came out as such a cute way to store beauty products especially since plastic drawers can be so pricy!

emailed Glossybox again last night and can only hope that a real person will actually respond in a reasonable amount of time since the phone number is useless!

anyone have any tips for getting thought to CS?

I made a bunch of fancy chocolate covered pretzel sticks dipped in all kinds of toppings and loaded my extra Glossyboxes full of them with some tissue paper separating the layers and gave them as gifts and people loved them. The boxes are so elegant they look like they come from a high-end bakery. I definitely made sure to clean out the inside so there was no product residue or scents. They worked great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

random question - im a new subscriber so if GB ships internationally, does that mean everyone around the world receives the same thing or each box caters to their own country?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are over 15 Glossyboxes around the world so each country that has a GB there gets different items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be cool to have a choice of a GB from another country - have a try of other stuff in other countries - but that's horrible on shipping costs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can not trust Glossybox Canada anymore.

On Facebook they have admitted to getting  items from third parties and Avon and Revlon even commented they did not supply the items in the Dec Glossybox and in no way have sponsored their boxes.

 

Also a few months ago I got a Dove body wash that my friend saw at Dollar type stores and is now sold for $2 on some clearance old stock sites.

a 200ml size that is not for sale anywhere?

box

Now Glossybox Canada even sent expired makeup and is claiming it is fine??

 

That is the "last straw" you could say.

Also no phone number for the Canada service. no way to contact them, so did a Visa chargeback for $21.

 

Maybe the US service is better,but I do not want anything from the Canadian glossybox service- not after all these lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heeeey, whaddaya know, they seem to have gotten the Glossydots redemption right! I have a confirmation that they are using my dots and no credit card charge -- at least so far. I was wondering if they would charge me even though I redeemed my dots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just cancelled.  I never received my December box even though it was marked as "delivered".  I contacted them and was told they would send me a new one. That hasn't happened.  I was charged today for the January box and, maybe I'm being petty, but I think it's just a little bit ridiculous to be charged for the next months box when I haven't even received the previous months.  I'd rather spend my money on products I know I like then on products I may or may not enjoy and may or may not actually receive.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen what they did in Canada? The box is  full of old Avon!

 

I was promised a December box as well after they flubbed my sub. no luck with that yet.

Originally Posted by redfox View Post

I just cancelled.  I never received my December box even though it was marked as "delivered".  I contacted them and was told they would send me a new one. That hasn't happened.  I was charged today for the January box and, maybe I'm being petty, but I think it's just a little bit ridiculous to be charged for the next months box when I haven't even received the previous months.  I'd rather spend my money on products I know I like then on products I may or may not enjoy and may or may not actually receive.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know who the parent company is for Glossybox? I'm not getting anywhere with their CS...maybe the parent compant can help if there is one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooh thanks for finding/sharing this!! I hope I get the 

 

Tarte Glamazon lipstick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by JessP View Post

 

Ooooh thanks for finding/sharing this!! I hope I get the 

 

Tarte Glamazon lipstick!

 

Too funny - I am hoping for the "other one" of the two!  

Exciting sounding box...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • I'm stressed out now because of the Experiences that have replaced my compulsive shopping. Last year at this time my big problem was cancelling beauty sub boxes. I've gotten myself into things that are a lot harder to cancel than Birchbox.  Last July I started to pursue some of my religious interests. It's a lot easier to worry about what to buy than what religion to belong to. You find yourself drawn to different denominations, and you don't know which is the right one. You start to get more involved in tithing but feel conflicted about it. Why are you giving up shopping to pay off debt, then giving large sums away? You become drawn to a faith that your family and friends are against, and you are not allowed to pursue your interest in that faith. Family members become angry with you. You are called to kitchen duty in your church and are so stressed because you can't cook, but part of you wants to do it. I have many conflicts.  Were you not better off shopping? I don't like Experiences.  I've been depressed for one week about these things. Last night I finally managed to clean the depression mess in my room. I had comforting dreams about shopping and I felt better when I woke up. It's interesting how my brain wants to go back to that comforting path. 
    • Moisturiser is one skincare staple that people with dry skin absolutely can’t do without. Dry patches, flakiness, peeling skin, are just some of the many issues that dry skin beauties have to deal with. And if that isn’t enough, finding the best moisturizer for dry skin that leaves your skin happy and hydrated is a task in itself.    Picking the right skincare products for your skin type is not an easy task - there is a lot of research involved in finding a product that would suit you the best. And that’s probably what brought you here, right?
    • Other than making you feel weirdly satisfied while peeling off the mask properly, charcoal peel off masks offers a wide range of skin benefits. Especially black peel off masks, which are all the rage right now among teenagers and adults.  
    • Hi guys. Well I am a 37 year old woman and I looked into a Makeup Academy when I was in my early 20s but it was too expensive for me to afford at the time. A little background on me. I never had anyone to teach me how to do makeup. My mom was NOT a girly girl so I had no real feminine influence lol. I have never tried to do anyone's makeup because I lack the confidence. But I would really like to learn. My question is, has anyone here started Makeup school at a later age? Were you in school with mostly younger folks and how did it work out for you? I guess my question is, is Age a disadvantage in this industry? Thanks!
    • I think it's totally depned uopn your desire and passion that what kinds of hair style you are going to have hair styling is little bit hard for culry hair as compared to straight hair..

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×