Sign in to follow this  
lilsxkitten

Beauty Army- January 2013!

Good News!  They are allowing people to pick a 7th sample for the celebration of their one year anniversary- I don't know if it is limited to choosing one of the below mascaras though.  i might skip again this month.. I am not happy about bath and body works still in my selection window.. and I had always regretted buying Avon as soon as my orders would come in..

mark_mascara.jpg

3948-0092-0001-150x150.jpg
YESTO
Eye Firming Treatment
3935-0084-0001-150x150.jpg
MARK.
Hook Up Lip Gloss
(Honey)
3861-0082-0001-150x150.jpg
DERMISA
Skin Fade Cream
3894-0089-0001-150x150.jpg
ENSPRI
Moisture Duo
2927-0068-0003-150x150.jpg
BATH & BODY WORKS
Paris Amour Shower Gel
3931-0086-0001-150x150.jpg
GG GATSBY
Raise Volume Shampoo
2585-0056-0002-150x150.jpg
FIAFINI
Delicate Cleansing Emulsion
3882-0067-0002-150x150.jpg
WHIP HAND COSMETICS
Green Beret Loose Pigment Eyeshadow
2958-0070-0001-150x150.jpg
EMANI
Foundation Primer & Hydrating Serum

I just received a 1-year email but it mentioned nothing of the mascara. It just said "it's our birthday and all subscribers will receive a birthday gift this month". Nothing about choosing a 7th sample either.

I'm guessing the 7th sample is one of the mark. mascaras? I would actually be happy about that, I got the Blow Kisses gloss last month, and the mascara will click right into the other end of the plastic hook-up thingy!

My selection window isn't til the 9th, so I'm hoping they have a new Whip Hand color by then.  Hoping for a good month w/BA!

Originally Posted by jumpnshout5 View Post

I just received a 1-year email but it mentioned nothing of the mascara. It just said "it's our birthday and all subscribers will receive a birthday gift this month". Nothing about choosing a 7th sample either.

I just received the same email. I guess we'll know when our selection window comes up.

On that note, I ordered my first BA box December 31st....so my window will be January 31st, right? Does that mean I just have that one day to pick out my samples or opt out of the box, otherwise they'lll pick em out for me instead?

Originally Posted by dolceloure View Post

I just received the same email. I guess we'll know when our selection window comes up.

On that note, I ordered my first BA box December 31st....so my window will be January 31st, right? Does that mean I just have that one day to pick out my samples or opt out of the box, otherwise they'lll pick em out for me instead?

You get a 5 day window to choose samples. The window starts on the day you sign up. If you signed up on the 31st, your window should open on 31st (or 30th?) every month. You would then have until the 4th of each month to pick. You can opt-out in that time period as well. If you don't pick before the 5th, they will pick for you.

• Like 1

My selection window starts tomorrow and I hope there is different things to pick from all the stuff above looks like the same stuff I picked from last month.

Mine opened today and you do get to choose a mascara as the 7th.. I hope better things show up or I will skip.. I don't want foil packets or BBW.

heart.gifJoined Beauty Army again loved my selection.

Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel

Nelson J Argan Oil Shampoo

Jonathan Product Dirt Texturizing Paste

Not Your Mothers Shes A Tease Hairspray

Mark Hookup Lip Gloss  Blow Kisses

Whip Hand Cosmetics Special Forces Eyeshadow

Mark Black Mascara

Awesome box this month  claps.gif

I'm so excited for this month. Really want one of those argan oil shampoo samples after I read the description, and the new whip hand cosmetics shadow. plus always love getting an extra sample right? ;)

Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

What color is the special forces eyeshadow??? I'm so excited to get that this month!

I think it is a peach glittery color

Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post

Mine opened today and you do get to choose a mascara as the 7th..

I hope better things show up or I will skip.. I don't want foil packets or BBW.

Keep refreshing that is what i did

11.gifYay!!! Peach Glitter! Yay!!!11.gif

It's possible I get way too excited about my sub boxes.  Blue Mustang, I found the best (biggest) items under the lowest age bracket... but that was last month.  Good luck!

It's possible I get way too excited about my sub boxes.  Blue Mustang, I found the best (biggest) items under the lowest age bracket... but that was last month.  Good luck!

i did all of mine under 25-30 which is a lil younger than what i am lol but it worked so that is all that matters LOL!

haha that's what I did, even though I'm 27 :P and I ended up with a pretty good kit IMO. Hope I have the same luck in January!

BATH & BODY WORKS <br>Paris Amour Shower Gel
BATH & BODY WORKS

Paris Amour Shower Gel

Mine is not until the 26th, so I am pretty sure everything good will be gone AGAIN. I have skipped all but one month since July. I was a New Year's Day 2012 subscriber- like number 87 or something - and the decline saddens me.

I'm guessing the 7th sample is one of the mark. mascaras? I would actually be happy about that, I got the Blow Kisses gloss last month, and the mascara will click right into the other end of the plastic hook-up thingy!

My selection window isn't til the 9th, so I'm hoping they have a new Whip Hand color by then.  Hoping for a good month w/BA!

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

Mine is not until the 26th, so I am pretty sure everything good will be gone AGAIN. I have skipped all but one month since July. I was a New Year's Day 2012 subscriber- like number 87 or something - and the decline saddens me.

Maybe try emailing them and asking to change your selection window?  I've seen people post on the BA FB wall asking about it, and Nancy-Lee always asks them to email her.  If it's causing you to skip boxes/not buy anything, I bet they'll change it!  Especially as you're one of their founding subscribers.  Worth a try!

I caved.. I haven't selected a box in like 3 months, but there were enough items that I would be *ok* with getting this time around

DERMISA<br>Skin Fade CreamENSPRI <br>Ultra Collagen 5-Minute FacialMARK. <br>Hook Up Lip Gloss<br>(Honey)GG GATSBY <br>Raise Volume ShampooYESTO <br>Eye Firming TreatmentWHIP HAND COSMETICS <BR>Special Forces Loose Pigment EyeshadowMARK. <br /> Scanda-Lash Black Mascara

I finally got the eyeshadow to show up and essentially got the same things as you did except I chose lash cards and a face mask thing. And this is kinda weird to talk about but I had an ingrown hair from shaving my underarms (armpit is so weird for me to write?? Lol) and it left a dark mark.. That cream totally lightened it almost right away! I was shocked how well it worked.

So I've had Birchbox for a few months, and I signed up for Ispy to get the December bag... and now I just HAD to sign up for Beauty Army too. I just love the idea of actually having some control over the samples I get!

MARK. <br /> Scanda-Lash Brown Mascara
MARK. 
SCANDA-LASH BROWN MASCARA

This is the kit I ended up choosing. I am pretty excited. I changed my profile up a few times, but ended up going back to what I originally put to get the samples I wanted. I didn't have to lie on my profile to get choices I wanted 7b.gif That is a really good sign to me. I did refresh my sample page about 100 times until I got the right combination of choices, but I really think that is part of the fun. 

However, I didn't realize that the samples would be changing everyday at 9 AM (11 AM here in the central time zone) so I hope I had a good selection since I picked mine about an hour before they restocked. Does anyone know if they restock on the weekends too? Also, I didn't realize that you kind of have a say in when your kit ships depending on when you sign up. I kind of wish I would have signed up so that BA wouldn't be shipping around the same time as my BB and Ipsy. On the other hand, is there any advantage in picking towards the beginning of the month?

I really think this is the sub I am most excited about. Can't wait to get my first kit and pick more samples in the future wub.gif