Beauty Army- January 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I caved.. I haven't selected a box in like 3 months, but there were enough items that I would be *ok* with getting this time around

I finally got the eyeshadow to show up and essentially got the same things as you did except I chose lash cards and a face mask thing. And this is kinda weird to talk about but I had an ingrown hair from shaving my underarms (armpit is so weird for me to write?? Lol) and it left a dark mark.. That cream totally lightened it almost right away! I was shocked how well it worked.

I got the mask and the skinn cosmetics twin set in pink tulip and my kit is already on it's way to report for duty!

So I've had Birchbox for a few months, and I signed up for Ispy to get the December bag... and now I just HAD to sign up for Beauty Army too. I just love the idea of actually having some control over the samples I get!

SKYN ICELAND 
HYDRO COOL FIRMING EYE GELS

NELSON J 
ARGAN OIL 7 NON-FOAMING SHAMPOO

MACADAMIA NATURAL OIL
DEEP REPAIR MASQUE

MARK. 
HOOK UP LIP GLOSS
(HONEY)

GG GATSBY 
RAISE VOLUME CONDITIONER

WHIP HAND COSMETICS 
SPECIAL FORCES LOOSE PIGMENT EYESHADOW

4031-0084-0004-150x150.jpg

MARK. 
SCANDA-LASH BROWN MASCARA

This is the kit I ended up choosing. I am pretty excited. I changed my profile up a few times, but ended up going back to what I originally put to get the samples I wanted. I didn't have to lie on my profile to get choices I wanted 
7b.gif
 That is a really good sign to me. I did refresh my sample page about 100 times until I got the right combination of choices, but I really think that is part of the fun. 

However, I didn't realize that the samples would be changing everyday at 9 AM (11 AM here in the central time zone) so I hope I had a good selection since I picked mine about an hour before they restocked. Does anyone know if they restock on the weekends too? Also, I didn't realize that you kind of have a say in when your kit ships depending on when you sign up. I kind of wish I would have signed up so that BA wouldn't be shipping around the same time as my BB and Ipsy. On the other hand, is there any advantage in picking towards the beginning of the month?

I really think this is the sub I am most excited about. Can't wait to get my first kit and pick more samples in the future 
wub.gif

What color from the Whip Hand did you get?
I selected Special Forces 'a neutral peach color with subtle glitter', I have the other two. I wonder if it will look nice foiled?

Calculated value came out to $62.25. Only thing I'm sad about is not being able to get the argan oil shampoo, the skinn set I don't have yet, or the grapefruit lip balm to show up this month. Oh well. Pretty darn pleased with this.

Profile was skin fair and either dry or normal ( totally forgot but I think the same stuff came up either way). Hair curly. Scent floral? Makeup was dramatic and purple smokey, which was the only way I got the new whip hand cosmetics color to show up. And I'm pretty sure I said I wanted body, moisturizers, spf, makeup, all-natural, and eye area. Age 13-18. So it's hilarious that I got an anti-aging moisturizer. I also refreshed a lot.

Also is it sad that I'm most excited about the shadow sample, once again?

thanks for sharing!  I played around with my profile a LOT when I got my first box in Dec.  Now that I've read about all the ways to get better boxes (although I thought mine was pretty decent), I will be at my computer on the 9th at precisely 11:45 am (EST), ready to refresh my page until I get what I want!

And yeah, weird on the anti-aging for 13-18... beauty quiz fail!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I;m a total moron and forgot to pick the mascara!! -.-' somebody shoot me please!
doh.gif
email CS?

Also, I kept getting the volumizing hair spray despite saying my hair was either thick or curly the entire time. Ummm no thanks I don't  need more volume?

Edit to say: their CS is awesome and will get back to you even on weekends :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

haha I got the spray saying I had curly hair too! But I actually wanted the spray XD and yeah I already did...I don't think it's a major issue cuz they are sending it to people for free...I just really hope I get it -.-' that's the only reason I'm getting this month...cuz once again I had such a hard time not getting b&bw thing to show up!

I prefer B&BW to hairspray, but that's probably just me. Hairspray makes my hair crunchy no matter what I do. Since I try to avoid full washes every day, no hairspray for me.

When I emailed CS, it was black friday weekend, and I wanted to add something to my order instead of making a second order so I wouldn't have to pay double shipping. They added it, and I got it bundled with my other shipping despite sending it almost at the end of their sale and that it was from a different company.

Tried at 9am but no luck on the hair mask, which is weird. It showed up before they refresh the inventery and i really wanted to try. I did get Karuna eye mask and the newest eye shadow though. The eye shadow is probably what keeps me coming back to this sub, there's nothing else really excites me in the mean time.

Can I just ask on the eye masks.. I have several from here, BB, etc and I haven't tried them yet. Once you use them, do they effects last longer than a day? I envision it working fabulous after you use it but back to normal by the next day. Anyone?

I actually just tried the Skyn Eye Cooking Gels this morning... it felt nice while they were on, but I seriously can't see/feel any effects. Meh.

I was running through my list of boxes I am subscribed to and trying to figure out which one I want to cancel and Beauty Army is one I am thinking about. Mainly because it's a lot of foil packets and small stuff you can't really get a feel for. AND their shipping method is ridiculously slow which leaves me in horrible anticipation every month. I really do like the idea of being able to skip though. Ladies please talk me out of this dilemma! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh and in addition to my previous post I like the thought of being able to skip but my box addiction has not yet allowed me to. Haha

Back