Beauty Army- January 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Someday I will get that Dermisa Skin Fade Cream! Great selection!!! My main goal was getting the Special Forces shadow, and I could not believe how hard it was to get it to come up this time!
Exactly. That stuff was stubborn.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly. That stuff was stubborn.
It was! I finally got it by setting my age to 25-30 (maybe they thought this shade appealed to adults more than teens? and then the mask showed up too.... and I couldn't resist!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Someday I will get that Dermisa Skin Fade Cream! Great selection!!! My main goal was getting the Special Forces shadow, and I could not believe how hard it was to get it to come up this time!
Odd enough it would show up super easily for me! 

when my age was set 13-18 and 18-24 it would show up either way...but I want the Grand Central Beauty Mask and it never shows...mebbe I should set age to 25-30?

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

when my age was set 13-18 and 18-24 it would show up either way...but I want the Grand Central Beauty Mask and it never shows...mebbe I should set age to 25-30?
That might work! I set it at that age and kept refreshing, and I would see the Dermisa, the mask, and the eyeshadow, but never all 3 together! Maybe next month!

I received my first BA box today and though I liked the products I got, some of my B&BW shower gel leaked out, and there were some weird, inky blue stains, but I can't trace it back to any of the products I got. Finally, I got a 7th item (birthday item) that I did *not* choose out,..."hook up," a cosmetic connector by mark. What on earth is that?? On the baggie it says "get any two hook ups together, any way you want. Usage: hook em up." That is maddeningly unhelpful. Any ideas what I'm supposed to do with that? I'm kind of bummed that I got a randomly selected, useless looking item, when I could've gotten a better beauty sample. :-/

It's not a 7th item. It comes with the box if you selected a mark. lip gloss, just screw the connector on the over the cap of the gloss so you can connect a second one to make it a duo lip gloss next time you get another color.

Originally Posted by dolceloure /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my first BA box today and though I liked the products I got, some of my B&BW shower gel leaked out, and there were some weird, inky blue stains, but I can't trace it back to any of the products I got. Finally, I got a 7th item (birthday item) that I did *not* choose out,..."hook up," a cosmetic connector by mark. What on earth is that?? On the baggie it says "get any two hook ups together, any way you want. Usage: hook em up." That is maddeningly unhelpful. Any ideas what I'm supposed to do with that? I'm kind of bummed that I got a randomly selected, useless looking item, when I could've gotten a better beauty sample. :-/
Did you pick a Mark item (lip gloss or mascara)? If so you attach that to one of the Mark items and if you pick/get a 2nd you attach that one to the other end to "hook up" the two items together.

I unsubscribed after December to downsize my sample subs for a bit, but ended up resubbing this morning. Ha! Today would've been my selection window and I hopped on out of curiosity to see what I would have gotten and well..I have a box coming my way again :-D

I'm getting the B&BW bath gel in Sweet Pea, Suntegrity BB Cream, Dermisa Skin Fade Cream, Macadamia Oil Masque, Mark Lip Gloss in Honey, Whip Hand Shadow in Special Forces, and then the Mark mascara in Black. 

Because I totally didn't just get 3 new neutral lip glosses and two more black mascaras in my UD order ;-) I need an intervention! 

Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Because I totally didn't just get 3 new neutral lip glosses and two more black mascaras in my UD order ;-) I need an intervention! 
Bwhahaha! Yeah, good luck around here for that intervention! LOL
devilish.gif

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The products featured are nice, and to get the best ones you have to play with your profile. Customer service so far(in my personal experience) is good and they answer fast. I don't have Birchbox, but I do have SS and the thing I like about Beauty Army is the I can pick my items or skip if I don't want them, but I get to see what I'm getting beforehand and with Sample Society you don't know what you'll get until after it's shipped and you've been charged.
Thanks a bunch!

Just got my box in the mail today, the lid of the eye shadow pigment didn't fit and there's shimmer and eyeshadow EVERYWHERE.......not too happy with that. The lid does look different though. Now I have to go on journey to look for jars with sifters.....would a 3g jar fit though?

Oh man :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope this doesn't happen to me! My kit is on its way but it has been stuck in Nevada for a few days now... and I live in Illinois.

Slightly annoyed.. I made my selection on the 5th. It shipped on the 10th. Not expected to be here until the 17th-21st.  I haven't selected for a few months, but I don't remember shipping being that drawn out..

I think they use the covered wagon service. Mine shipped the 4th and isn't expected to arrive until between the 14-18th.

Hi! First time posting so I hope I'm doing this right :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who posts on this thread. I read the Jan and Dec Beauty Army threads to figure out how it all worked before placing my first order.  After retaking the style quiz to figure out how to get the products I wanted and refreshing a million times, I ended up getting the 5 things I really really wanted to try (everything except the shampoo, but I'm not disappointed by it either)! I'm not super into makeup, but I do love experimenting with new skin/hair products so this was like the dream box for me.

Back