Beauty Army- January 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I waited for noon,  and some how my choices got WORSE!  Now nothing I do brings back the old choices,  which though not super exciting,  were a lot better than the one use packets I now have.  And the 'hothouse' perfume.  I've skipped past it since the summer,  and now it shows up every time no matter how I fill out the quiz.  I DON'T WANT IT!

If the items shown are not what you like DO NOT RETAKE THE QUIZ. Instead hit refresh if you don't like the selections. Of course if after several refreshes you still don't like the selection then retake the quiz. Here's the selections that came up when I chose these settings:

1. Choose your skin tone - mine is medium (even though it's really medium-light).
  2. Choose your skin type - mine is combo.
  3. Choose your everyday look - I picked natural.
  4. Choose which adventurous look you like - I picked Hollywood Glam.
  5. Choose your hair type - I picked Curly.
  6. Choose your favorite scent - I picked Earth.
  7. Choose your nails - I picked Natural.
  8. Now pick the type of samples you want - I selected Makeup & Tools.
  9. Pick your age - I selected 25 - 30.

I put in the same selection,  and hit refresh.  I get the same samples,  just jumbled.  And no matter what,  that horrid perfume.  Before noon today,  I got many of the ones you showed above.  Now - the same nine packets shuffled.

Email them and see if they can look into your account to see why it's not refreshing only reshuffling.

I got the box I wanted! But i forgot to select a mascara! nooo lol. Thank you everyone for the help. My box has BBW in Paris amour, mark in honey, the hair masque, volume spray,the pigment and the argan oil shampoo. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the box I wanted! But i forgot to select a mascara! nooo lol. Thank you everyone for the help. My box has BBW in Paris amour, mark in honey, the hair masque, volume spray,the pigment and the argan oil shampoo.
smile.gif
same thing happened to me and they couldn't send me the mascara cuz my box was already "shipped" email them asap! they might be able to help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Awwwww yeeeah!  You'll be like the Bill Nye the Science Guy of beauty! Your box has some awesome stuff!

The problem with getting entirely non foil packets. I got my kit today in the mail, and it was so full they had to put it in the cardboard outer box upside down to be able to seal it. Glad I caught it before it fell open or that would have sucked big time.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The problem with getting entirely non foil packets. I got my kit today in the mail, and it was so full they had to put it in the cardboard outer box upside down to be able to seal it. Glad I caught it before it fell open or that would have sucked big time.
More like first world problem haha. That happens to mine sometimes too. At one point they had to wrap it with a rubber band!

Oh gosh, I'm getting a B&BW gel and the mask kit... no wonder it took a week for my box to assemble and ship, they had to figure out how to pack everything in!

Oh gosh, I'm getting a B&BW gel and the mask kit... no wonder it took a week for my box to assemble and ship, they had to figure out how to pack everything in!
Haha they probably had a board meeting just to figure that out!

You can change your date by just cancelling your account and restarting it whichever day you want.

Maybe try emailing them and asking to change your selection window?  I've seen people post on the BA FB wall asking about it, and Nancy-Lee always asks them to email her.  If it's causing you to skip boxes/not buy anything, I bet they'll change it!  Especially as you're one of their founding subscribers.  Worth a try!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

same thing happened to me and they couldn't send me the mascara cuz my box was already "shipped" email them asap! they might be able to help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Thank you! I emailed them on my lunch break and they were super nice. She emailed me back saying that they were able to add it in for me! Yay!

Here's a picture of my kit, minus the Mark Mascara in Black. I'm so excited to get to try these! I'm cancelling my Birchbox in March, when my year is up, so think this will replace it. I like getting to pick my samples, even if it takes a little bit of work to get the things I want, at least it's an option.

I ended up picking Fair, Combination, Dry/Damaged, Natural makeup [that was the only way to get the lipgloss to show up], Fruity perfume, and then makeup, eyes, moisturizer, hair, body. 25-30 for the age.

Latest posts

Back