Beauty Army- January 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay on the mask! Thats the only reason I didn't skip this month. I love masks! Hope you enjoy all your products!

First of all welcome!! and I'm sure I speak for all when I say I'm glad our posts help out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also NICE JOB! your selection looks great!

Awesome selection! And welcome! I was after the mask too this month, I must have refreshed that window 100x to get it to show up with the other item I wanted, the whip hand eye pigment. And yes, you're ABSOLUTELY doing it right!

I'm kind of meh on what I ended up with (most of it addresses issues I don't have thanks to my mother's amazing skin genes, I hate mascara, and this particular shade of gloss is highly questionable for me), but I'm determined to get all of the loose pigments, and this was the best I could get after trying and hoping for new/different stuff for three days:

GRAND CENTRAL BEAUTY 
SMART SKIN PERFECTING MASK

BATH & BODY WORKS 
SWEET PEA SHOWER GEL

SKYN ICELAND
HYDRO COOL FIRMING EYE GELS

DERMISA
SKIN FADE CREAM

MARK. 
HOOK UP LIP GLOSS
(BLOW KISSES)

WHIP HAND COSMETICS 
SPECIAL FORCES LOOSE PIGMENT EYESHADOW

4030-0084-0003-150x150.jpg

MARK. 
SCANDA-LASH BLACK MASCARA

If nothing else, I have a travel-sized shower gel, although I haven't gone anywhere I needed a travel-sized shower gel in over a year.  I *could* use it at home, but i have probably a dozen B&BW full-sized shower gels from one of their big sales last year, so it will take a while to get around to this one.  Oh, well.  I got the pigment, and that was the important thing.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

there's 3 pigments including this one out right?
Yes.

Green Beret (I think that's the name)

Lock & Loaded

Special Forces

Hey guys what color was the locked and loaded? That one just sounds awesome (and it must have been in Nov?)

All of these are kind of medium shimmery shades that make me think of spring, not winter, so they're all sitting in my makeup stash awaiting weather that does not make me want to use blackened colors:

• Locked + Loaded -- earthy brown
  • Green Beret -- sage green
  • Special Forces -- peach

I'm thinking the fourth one might be Cadet Blue.  I have no reason to say this other than thinking, "Hey, this line is missing a blue!  Hmm, what is a shade of blue related to the military?"  Et voila!  Cadet Blue.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes.

Green Beret (I think that's the name)

Lock & Loaded

Special Forces
k then that means I gots all of them so far yay!

Oh gosh I hope they don't do blue... I can't pull it off!  Maybe a gunmetal grey!  

The Locked and Loaded was in November. I missed out because I didn't start BA til Dec, but I figure I have enough browns from my recent NYX spree.   I'm crossing my fingers that I like the Feb color, and there are enough interesting items in the Feb selection to justify buying it!

Special Forces is beeeeeautiful. Too bad i have half a bottle left now.  It looks close to my NYX pigment in mink though.

finally got my shipping email!  Of course, the tracking number's not working yet.  I can't wait to get the Central Beauty mask kit.  I'm going to be a mad scientist, mixing up my beauty potions!!!

I keep trying to get the pigment to show up, I originally had the green one, but then I changed my things to match what people here said they did to get the other color, but no luck for me so far. Now I can't get any color to show up! =(

Try putting your age at 25-30 and ONLY select makeup when retaking the quiz.  I can't remember what all I selected, but I know I had to up my age and pare down my categories to make it show up.  Good luck!

Hmm just tried that and it still won't give me the pigment.

but I figured out how to get the Mark lipgloss color I like better, and the hair stuff I like, so that's good!

It's slowly getting there.

this is worse than the little black bag lol.

ugh! Just refresh it 1000 times so it knows you mean business 
wink.gif
  I don't think I could handle LBB! Oh and if you can't get it to show up now, maybe try at 9 am PST tomorrow? That's when they restock samples.  I know the Whip Hand are kind of a highly coveted sample, so they may have run out for the day.

Back