Beauty Army- January 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can change your date by just cancelling your account and restarting it whichever day you want.
Or, you know... do it the easy way 
wink.gif
   lol thanks!

You're welcome :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You were lucky, it sucked for me cuz my selection window was on Saturday and I emailed them right away, but they weren't in the office of course and when they replied to my email it was monday and it had been shipped already :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Nice selection you got there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Email them and see if they can look into your account to see why it's not refreshing only reshuffling.
Thankfully it went back to my before noon choices when I signed on this evening:

safe_image.php

2922-0068-0001-150x150.jpg

While not exciting,  I'm content.  The honey lip gloss was the main thing I wanted this month.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Special Forces is beeeeeautiful. Too bad i have half a bottle left now.  It looks close to my NYX pigment in mink though.
I've had this neurotic obsession with collecting all four of the eyeshadows from the Whip collection, but hate buying a whole box for it. But I have the NYX Mink and that is more than enough to last me forever and I am thinking that if it is so close to the Special Forces maybe I won't need to purchase it.

Is the Special Forces as shiney as the NYX Mink? I was hoping it would be more peachy and less shiney.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Special Forces is beeeeeautiful. Too bad i have half a bottle left now.  It looks close to my NYX pigment in mink though.
I've had this neurotic obsession with collecting all four of the eyeshadows from the Whip collection, but hate buying a whole box for it. But I have the NYX Mink and that is more than enough to last me forever and I am thinking that if it is so close to the Special Forces maybe I won't need to purchase it.

Is the Special Forces as shiney as the NYX Mink? I was hoping it would be more peachy and less shiney.

Different colors. Under indoor light without flash to my eyes it looks like Mink is lighter and more shiny than Special Forces but under flash Special Forces looks lighter and Mink darker but you can see that regardless Mink is much more shiny.

NYX Mink Pearl (left), Whip Hand Special Forces (right)​
Indoor, flash - over GDE Foil Me.​

Different colors. Under indoor light without flash to my eyes it looks like Mink is lighter and more shiny than Special Forces but under flash Special Forces looks lighter and Mink darker but you can see that regardless Mink is much more shiny.

NYX Mink Pearl (left), Whip Hand Special Forces (right)​
Indoor, flash - over GDE Foil Me.​
Damn it, now I just might have to buy another box
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks for the swatch! They looked close in the bottle and when I was cleaning up the mess on my counter from trying to fix my Special Forces that wouldn't close. I didn't swatch to compare though.

And I've just got the idea of using them both to make a light day look! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the swatch! They looked close in the bottle and when I was cleaning up the mess on my counter from trying to fix my Special Forces that wouldn't close. I didn't swatch to compare though.

And I've just got the idea of using them both to make a light day look! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The cap to Special Forces isn't the same cap as the previous two. I've let Nancy-Lee know about it because I couldn't get the cap on mine to go on right so I ended up just moving it to a different container (which I planned on doing anyways)

First two jars on left, this month's jar on right.

The cap from the previous two jars does fit perfectly on the jar for this month so it's the cap itself that's not fitting correctly. I'm not sure if you can see it in my pics but the threads on the cap for this month is different than the ones from last month which is why it doesn't go on easily.

The cap to Special Forces isn't the same cap as the previous two. I've let Nancy-Lee know about it because I couldn't get the cap on mine to go on right so I ended up just moving it to a different container (which I planned on doing anyways)

The cap from the previous two jars does fit perfectly on the jar for this month so it's the cap itself that's not fitting correctly. I'm not sure if you can see it in my pics but the threads on the cap for this month is different than the ones from last month which is why it doesn't go on easily.
Thank you for sharing this with us!  My bathroom would have been covered in a film of Special Forces by the time I was done trying to wrestle the cap back on.

And by that, I mean the Special Forces eyeshadow... If only I could cover a room with Special Forces soldiers, I'd.... never mind.  Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for sharing this with us!  My bathroom would have been covered in a film of Special Forces by the time I was done trying to wrestle the cap back on.

And by that, I mean the Special Forces eyeshadow... If only I could cover a room with Special Forces soldiers, I'd.... never mind.  Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

LOL Well I discovered this when I was doing pics for my blog and the cap wouldn't go on and so I spilled a lot of product. I wasn't happy.

Lmao I loved that comment! 

I'm beginning to become frustrated with Beauty Army - when I first joined - probably eleven months ago, I was thrilled with the samples. As time has passed, however, it seems that many of the samples offered are less than spectacular.  When they do have some really great items, I am seldom able to get them to show up in my selection - in spite of multiple profile changes. For instance, some of the stuff I was never lucky enough to receive: Lashem, Grand Central Beauty face mask, Skinn Cosmetics Twin Set and Sukiface Foaming Cleanser. The items that show up in my selection, month after month: Bath and Body Works shower gel, Single use foil packs of fragrance and/or face wipes. Needless to say, I've had to skip several months recently. Unfortunately, I'm afraid if I skip this month, I will miss out on the bonus sample mascara.

Email them to have them check your account to see why you're seeing the same items over and over.

I love you. I'd love to give one of my soldiers to you. Just one though.

I love you. I'd love to give one of my soldiers to you. Just one though.
Just one?  So.... How many do you have?  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I decided to go ahead and grab one this month, I wish I could have gotten the green beret shadow or the coral poppy lipstick to show up but still my kit is perfect for me :] Can't help but think it's better than any Birchbox I ever got :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I couldn't get the Poppy to show up either, no matter how much I tweaked mine. But i'm happy with my box!

I'm excited to replace birchbox with this, although the BB Points really are nice.

Latest posts

Back