Beauty Army- January 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez have you tried to submit on the waitlist more than once? That seems like too long since they say 4-6 weeks

Definitely email them. On their FB page, anyone that says they've been waiting more than 5 wks is told to email them so they can look into it!

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Geez have you tried to submit on the waitlist more than once? That seems like too long since they say 4-6 weeks
Yes I have O.O would that make it worse? does it reset me or something?

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely email them. On their FB page, anyone that says they've been waiting more than 5 wks is told to email them so they can look into it!
Guess I'll have to do that then! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thx

I was really excited for my January box but when I opened it I discovered I appeared to be missing a product (I only had 6 when there should be 7 this month). I looked at my kit on the Beauty Army website and sure enough they didn't include my Mark Hookup Lip Gloss. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Has this ever happened to anyone? 

That has never happened to me, but I say email them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They won't reply right away, because it's a sunday, but I emailed them once on a saturday and they replied on monday :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't had it happen but it seems like their typical response is to email them after you choose next month and they will include it or another sample as a 7th sample.

Anyone have opinions on the Nelson 7 nonfoaming shampoo?  I have long, thick curly hair and used the whole bottle to feel like it was actually in my hair.  It smells great but I dont feel like it really cleaned my hair.

I got about 4 washes out of the little bottle. I felt like it cleaned my hair though I did scrub and had to put extra underneath my hair at the bottom of my scalp. It did leave behind some little beads in my hair though and I have pretty thin hair.

Oh, Beauty Army!  Why must you use such slow and awful shipping methods?  It's finally only 2 states away, but now I think they've given it to a hiker on the Appalachian Trail and told them to "just drop it by, y'know, whenever."

*sigh* /endrant

Oh, Beauty Army!  Why must you use such slow and awful shipping methods?  It's finally only 2 states away, but now I think they've given it to a hiker on the Appalachian Trail and told them to "just drop it by, y'know, whenever."

*sigh* /endrant
lmao that's awesome XD 

*sigh* /endrant
Haha!

Mine's on another epic journey by ice fishing boat & dog sled ;-)

I was wondering how do you refresh the Beauty Army site? Is that the same as re-doing your profile?

I tried this morning at 9:00 A.M. but still got the same things that pop up all the other times of the day or night. I re-do my profile several times and that does get a few different items to come up, but all in all, the same few that sort of mix and match here or there.

I am seeing a few things I like, so probably will get this month - I only have another day or two to decide. Also since I need some mascara and we get a freebie of that. I do like the mark procucts I've tried in the past, other than they seem pricey to me for such small sizes, but I have liked what I've tried.

I was hoping to be able to get some pefume samples this month, especially that Hot House Flower Ineke one again, but no perfumes have shown up at all. I do like the shower gels though too, and I have been able to get one of those to show up most times. So I guess if I can get my selection to offer at least 2 or 3 things I like, plus the mascara, I might as well get it this month.

Also - I read a message here that said something about trade lists being different now, but I didn't really understand it because I am still kind of new here and never did trades before. Do we all just make a list and then message each other about trades, or is there a special forum here on trades? I am thinking trading would be a fun thing to do.

Hi mdnite!

When we say "refresh", we actually just mean that you hit the "refresh" button on your browser (or sometimes you can right-click and find refresh in the menu that pops up).  Personally, what I do is take the beauty quiz over again until I see at least 3-4 product pop up that I like.  Then I just keep refreshing my browser until I get 6 things that I want.  For example, this month I REALLY wanted the Special Forces Whip Hand Eyeshadow and the Central Beauty Mask... I took the beauty quiz til they both popped up, but most of the remaining 9 items were foil packets.  I knew that they would come up again from the limited amount of items that are "selected" for those beauty quiz results, so I kept refreshing til I got a window full of multi-use samples/full-size items that I'd like to try and went with those.  

The 9 AM time is Pacific Standard, so if you're on the East Coast, that's actually noon.  Hopefully you already know that, but I thought it was worth a mention 
wink.gif

I just did my first trade, the best way to do it now is to either create your own trade list and post it in the classifieds section (can someone help me out with a link?), or (I've had more luck this way) check out other's trade lists, many times they'll have a link in their posting signature.  Look at their want lists - if you have something they want, and they have something you'd like to try, send a PM.  Some trades work out, some don't, so it's best to have a lot of patience and diplomacy when doing trades.

Also, just wanted to point this out to everyone - Beauty Army just posed a pic of the FLOTUS on their FB page, and it has NOT devolved into angry rants and snarkiness.  Just comments on style and beauty! Yay! We can all get along!
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by mdnite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering how do you refresh the Beauty Army site? Is that the same as re-doing your profile?

I tried this morning at 9:00 A.M. but still got the same things that pop up all the other times of the day or night. I re-do my profile several times and that does get a few different items to come up, but all in all, the same few that sort of mix and match here or there.

I am seeing a few things I like, so probably will get this month - I only have another day or two to decide. Also since I need some mascara and we get a freebie of that. I do like the mark procucts I've tried in the past, other than they seem pricey to me for such small sizes, but I have liked what I've tried.

I was hoping to be able to get some pefume samples this month, especially that Hot House Flower Ineke one again, but no perfumes have shown up at all. I do like the shower gels though too, and I have been able to get one of those to show up most times. So I guess if I can get my selection to offer at least 2 or 3 things I like, plus the mascara, I might as well get it this month.

Also - I read a message here that said something about trade lists being different now, but I didn't really understand it because I am still kind of new here and never did trades before. Do we all just make a list and then message each other about trades, or is there a special forum here on trades? I am thinking trading would be a fun thing to do.
I talked to Kristi this weekend at IMATS. Had lunch with her and explained to her (before lunch) that some members were not seeing new items or when they refresh (F5 at the top of your keyboard) things it just reshuffles. She said to email them so they can look into it.

Thanks, magicalmom. I right clicked and found how to refresh. I will go try that out. And I didn't realize 9:00 A.M. was pacific time, so thanks for that info too. Tomorrow I'll try at noon to see if anything different pops up.

I was just browsing around this website and found an area for sell/buy/trade, but it still confused me a bit. The area I thought you'd post your trade items had a post saying not to post your trade items there. Then there was also this area with a long list of things like makeup, mineral makeup, skin care, body and bath, etc. and then in those sections it breaks it down even further, like under makeup: power, mineral powder, primers, highlighters, lips, bronzers, etc.  Does that mean we need to list every thing we have individually under each specific section?

Latest posts

Back