Beauty Army- January 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my box! *happy dance*  I was amazed at all the pink things I chose, I had no idea I was going for a color scheme in my box!  I was able to take pics in the daylight, and got my review up last night.  Yay!

I know I'm in the minority in that I LOVE perfume samples from subs. I absolutely fell in love with the Ineke Hothouse Flower perfume that I got in my Beauty Army box, but not so much with its full size price tag of $95. I went on their website trying to find out if they sold smaller bottles than the 2.5oz/75ml, but they don't. However, I found this awesome deluxe sample kit that comes with all 8 of their perfumes (including Hothouse) and it comes in a cute box. It's $25 with free shipping, but when you purchase it you get a code to use the $25 you spent off of the price of a full size purchase. I bought it and am really excited to try the other 7 fragrances, and will pass on the coupon code to my boyfriend so he can buy me the full size Hothouse Flower for Valentine's day for only $70. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sweet!

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know I'm in the minority in that I LOVE perfume samples from subs. I absolutely fell in love with the Ineke Hothouse Flower perfume that I got in my Beauty Army box, but not so much with its full size price tag of $95. I went on their website trying to find out if they sold smaller bottles than the 2.5oz/75ml, but they don't. However, I found this awesome deluxe sample kit that comes with all 8 of their perfumes (including Hothouse) and it comes in a cute box. It's $25 with free shipping, but when you purchase it you get a code to use the $25 you spent off of the price of a full size purchase. I bought it and am really excited to try the other 7 fragrances, and will pass on the coupon code to my boyfriend so he can buy me the full size Hothouse Flower for Valentine's day for only $70. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet!
I know right! And I ordered it at 8:45 this morning and got a shipping confirmation email by 9:30. I'm so excited for this!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally got my box! *happy dance*  I was amazed at all the pink things I chose, I had no idea I was going for a color scheme in my box!  I was able to take pics in the daylight, and got my review up last night.  Yay!

This box is very girly! Did everyone get a pink box? Mine's pink this month too.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This box is very girly! Did everyone get a pink box? Mine's pink this month too.
They randomly send out pink, black, and white boxes. I've received about 2 of each color.

Katie, which website did you order the fragrance sampler from? I want to order it. Never mind, I found it! I've never tried these, but I'm always on the hunt for unique fragrances. This is an excellent deal.

I am really surprised, but so far, my favorite item out of the box this month is the Mark lip gloss in Honey.  I really like the scent, the thicker- yet not sticky consistency, and the neutral color!

I just selected my samples and I am getting these:

+ the Mark mascara in brown!

To be honest I was not really excited about anything.  I only liked the gloss, the eye mask and the shower gel, but the mascara made it pretty tempting! I also noticed that out of the 9 choices I had, 6-7 of them were foil packets!

Anyway, I am pretty satisfied with my selections now!

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just signed up for beautyarmy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so this will be my first box:

Oh I love the Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels but a bit of a warning, if you have puffy eyes it will work and you'll be SHOCKED by how well it works. So my warning is be prepared for the shock. I didn't realize exactly how puffy my eyes were until I removed the mask and my skin under my eyes looked a bit, well deflated. LOL I'm thinking of buying more of the Skyn Iceland ones because of how well it worked.

I'm actually wearing right as I type this the Karuna Renewal Eye Mask and I hope it works as well as the Skyn Iceland one.

Oh I love the Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels but a bit of a warning, if you have puffy eyes it will work and you'll be SHOCKED by how well it works. So my warning is be prepared for the shock. I didn't realize exactly how puffy my eyes were until I removed the mask and my skin under my eyes looked a bit, well deflated. LOL I'm thinking of buying more of the Skyn Iceland ones because of how well it worked. I'm actually wearing right as I type this the Karuna Renewal Eye Mask and I hope it works as well as the Skyn Iceland one.
So my question is, does it just last for the day and the next day you are back to normal? I have several eye mask things I haven't tried yet.. In my mind, they are too expensive for just a one time use if the benefits aren't long lasting..

Oh I love the Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels but a bit of a warning, if you have puffy eyes it will work and you'll be SHOCKED by how well it works. So my warning is be prepared for the shock. I didn't realize exactly how puffy my eyes were until I removed the mask and my skin under my eyes looked a bit, well deflated. LOL I'm thinking of buying more of the Skyn Iceland ones because of how well it worked.

I'm actually wearing right as I type this the Karuna Renewal Eye Mask and I hope it works as well as the Skyn Iceland one.
Oooh, let me know if you like the Karuna ones!  I got the Skynn ones last month and they didn't seem to do much for me, but my undereyes are much more dark than puffy.   I'm hoping the "marine elements" of the Karuna do something for my dark circles!  I'm glad the Skyn Iceland ones worked for you!

hmmm I've always ignored them cuz I didn't think they'd work! Now I kinda want to try them! Next month for sure :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh, let me know if you like the Karuna ones!  I got the Skynn ones last month and they didn't seem to do much for me, but my undereyes are much more dark than puffy.   I'm hoping the "marine elements" of the Karuna do something for my dark circles!  I'm glad the Skyn Iceland ones worked for you!

The Karuna ones were okay, I like Skynn more since I saw the big difference. It's highly possible that because I used Skynn just a week ago that my eyes were still not puffy due to that but there is some noticeable difference before using Karuna and after (ignore the light conditions). You can see before my eye was a bit puffy and after the puffiness is reduced some what. The Karuna was cooling which I like since my eyes were tired from lack of sleep. Would I buy Karuna? No. I would buy Skynn over Karuna because I like the Skynn more but that's just me.

Before & After​

That looks pretty! What is in the bottom clear round container that looks like it has pink tissue in it?

Latest posts

Back