Beauty Army- January 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zadidoll, is IMATS the Beauty Army company? So, I just look at the Beauty Army website and find their email address there and let them know?

If I can't get new items when I refresh, I'll email them then. Thanks so much. (my f5 key doesn't seem to refresh for me. When I try it, it takes me to my homepage all the time. The right clicking has worked though, I see the option to refresh.)

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, just wanted to point this out to everyone - Beauty Army just posed a pic of the FLOTUS on their FB page, and it has NOT devolved into angry rants and snarkiness.  Just comments on style and beauty! Yay! We can all get along!
inlove.gif
*Had to google FLOTUS*

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*Had to google FLOTUS*
Oops! Sorry... I'm currently watching The West Wing on Netflix... makes me think everyone's up on the political/military acronyms 
icon_redface.gif

It stands for First Lady Of The United States, if anyone else wants to know what I'm rambling about... and the lack of vitriolic complaints is significant because the Birchbox page blew up with epic rudeness when they posted a pic of the First Lady a few days ago.

magicalmom, do you mean they post her on beauty sites, but then people get political about it rather than talk about the beauty issues? If so, that's kind of lame. I am conservative, but when I saw our First Lady yesterday and last night on tv, I thought she looked beautiful. It seemed she has a sort of new hair style and she looked so young. I might not have the same ideas as she does socially, but I couldn't help think she looked amazing. And I don't care what political party you are in, I love seeing a couple so in love and enjoyed seeing them dancing together. Call me a romantic, but I just love that stuff.

Yes, the issue was the First Lady got bangs, and BB posted it on their FB page under the title "Breaking News".  Which, for a beauty website, kind of qualifies.  Within a few hours, hundreds of comments, many nasty, were made, criticizing both Mrs. Obama and Birchbox.  I'm not sure if they've removed the posts or not, but it was like watching a trainwreck of keyboard bravery (people saying stuff online that they would never say in real life).  If you want to read anymore about it, you should check out the January Birchbox thread. And you're right.  It was totally lame!

Did you get anything better in your selection window today?  It's shortly after noon now, so they should have recently refreshed the inventory!

*sigh* estimated delivery for my BA was on the 22nd,,,and I checked today and it said it just got to another facility in NJ, before that it sat in NJ for 6 days...oh well

It worked! I tried at noon and got some different items offerend this time. That mask was one thing, but I didn't really want it. I was tempted to get it for a trade, but didn't know if many of you in the Beauty Army traded or not. I am really wanting to trade something for the Ineke Hothouse Flower perfume. My daughter loves it, but no way am I going to pay full price for a full size.

So, for my selection today I got the extra freebie brown mascara which I am needing anyways, and the honey mark lipgloss for one of my selections. Then the Sweet Pea shower gel, which I was really wanting to try because I heard it's one of their best scents, and also am getting that peach Special Forces eye shadow. I am not usually a fan of loose eye shadow though. I'm also getting the Egyptian Magic moisturizing cream and the Yes To Super Rich Body Butter (I get really dry skin on my hands to the point of getting eczema, and I go through lots of hand cream, and it's nice to try samples because some work great for me, and others do not, or actually aggrivate my skin worse, so I love getting 2 different samples to try). I'm getting the Fiafini Divine Hydration Moisturizer, and that's it. I am really happy with most of it. Not so sure about the Fiafini stuff, but oh well.I can give it a try. Could have been a worse selection. I tried a few times putting in Wellness because the chocolate mint tea sounded good, but whenever I had some teas added to the selection, a few of the other items I really wanted did not come up. Oh so hard to get the perfect, ultimate selection, lol! But I am pretty happy about this month. It's the best I've been able to do, and I really appreciate everyone's tips on  how to get different items to come up. Yay! Can't wait till next month now, already.

Last month was a total bummer. I am new to Beauty Army so not in the habit of it yet and thinking about it every month, you know? And my selection period was the week before Christmas and I was so busy, and then last day to select was Dec 24th.  I totally forget about it. I had checked out some selections the first day of my selection period, but couldn't get more than like two items at a time to pop up that I wanted. And then I was going to try again in a few days, but totally forget, and forget to skip the month, so they sent me a random selection. I gave it to my daughter. She gave me a little pink packet of volumizing shampoo out of it all, that I haven't tried yet. I have such long thick hair, I hope there is enough for one full shampoo application in there. There was the red mark lip gloss which my daughter loves, but I think is too adult for her, oh joy. I am thinking - why did I give that to her? ;p  She likes the Paris Amor shower gel. But it just wasn't the best selection all in all. So I need to really get in the Beauty Army habit and not forget again. 

Okay, I have just rambled on and on.....I'll sush now. ;p

Yes, the issue was the First Lady got bangs, and BB posted it on their FB page under the title "Breaking News".  Which, for a beauty website, kind of qualifies.  Within a few hours, hundreds of comments, many nasty, were made, criticizing both Mrs. Obama and Birchbox.  I'm not sure if they've removed the posts or not, but it was like watching a trainwreck of keyboard bravery (people saying stuff online that they would never say in real life).  If you want to read anymore about it, you should check out the January Birchbox thread. And you're right.  It was totally lame!

Did you get anything better in your selection window today?  It's shortly after noon now, so they should have recently refreshed the inventory!
Yes, for Beauty Army I got some different things in my selection, and so I was pretty happy! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I almost forgot, it was a little after noon, but still, it did show some different things.

I get tired of the really extreme people out there for politics. I do have my strong opinions of what I like for govt and I am quite opposite of our current President, but I don't judge people or like or hate people because of their political and social views. And yes, that's it - bangs! I knew she looked different and I loved it. But then again, I'm a bang person. I almost always prefer them on people. I tried growing mine out once - it just was not a good look on me. But she looked so young! They just both looked like they were ready for a second honeymoon.

I would think any celebrity would be fair game for any beauty or fashion news. If I have time later I'll go check out the page, but it might just aggrivate me. People who are not in favor of her can very easily go find a political message board somewhere to have a debate, or find like-minded folks to talk to about the actual politics, so why take over a beauty site with such stuff. The anger is getting kind of scary.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*sigh* estimated delivery for my BA was on the 22nd,,,and I checked today and it said it just got to another facility in NJ, before that it sat in NJ for 6 days...oh well
So now Tom Petty's song is stuck in my head...."the waiting is the hardest part..."  ;p

Mine has at last reached my state!  Maybe I'll get it by Friday... lol.  Oh well, it's nice to keep receiving stuff through the month instead of getting it all the second week!  

Mine has at last reached my state!  Maybe I'll get it by Friday... lol.  Oh well, it's nice to keep receiving stuff through the month instead of getting it all the second week!  
yeah it's nicer to get stuff all on different days! It's so awesome to check your mail box and find awesome stuff in it! Makes my day every time!

No, there's a section for "multiples".  I was able to backtrack through Zadidoll's trade post and got you a link to browse the multiple trades posts:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/22564/multiples

Happy browsing! Just make sure you read the rules/terms of service, they're very helpful!
Thanks for that link. I like the idea of multiple listings since I probably have a small hodge podge of varying things. I think I'll start making a list on paper first and read all the rules. I noticed people have some jewelry and accessories too, in addtion to beauty items and samples. What a cool thing to trade rather than feel you are wasting things.

Ok...so I'm upstate NY...and my box got to my local post office at 6am this morning...it's in Massachusetts right now...

Originally Posted by Clackey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone have opinions on the Nelson 7 nonfoaming shampoo?  I have long, thick curly hair and used the whole bottle to feel like it was actually in my hair.  It smells great but I dont feel like it really cleaned my hair.
I didn't like it at all, I don't feel as if it cleaned my hair at all. I washed it at night and then the next morning my hair looked greasy =/

Thanks, Zazidoll - I had emailed BA customer service a couple of times to inform them of this issue. Their suggestions were to try earlier in the day and/or change my beauty profile. I have tried countless variations in my beauty profile with unsatisfactory results so I am guessing that logging on as close to 9:00 AM PST may be the key. I will try next month, if my schedule permits. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

=^..^=

I so wanted to like the Nelson's shampoo. I love that it is sulfate free and the lemon-mint fragrance is nice - but sadly, it did not perform very well. I have very long, color treated hair which is somewhat damaged. Without the right products, it can easily become dry and frizzy.  I manage to keep it under control with Brazilian Keratin treatments at the salon every four months. I'm no stranger to sulfate free shampoo - as anything else will strip away keratin conditioning, hair color and highlights.

I was somehow able to get two uses from the sample bottle. The first time, I used conditioner after shampooing and my hair felt filmy, like it hadn't been rinsed very well (even though I had rinsed thoroughly.) It was dull, lifeless and difficult to manage. It wasn't until later that I read the bottle and noticed that it was an all-in-one which

"replaces your shampoo, conditioner, de-tangler, shine spray, smoothing serum, color protector, pre-styling lotion." Whew! That is a tall order to fill. That may work for someone with short, un-processed hair, who does not own a blow dryer or curling iron.

Still, I gave it one more try - this time, skipping the after shampoo conditioner. The result was hair that did not feel clean. It was dull, dry, frizzy and impossible to style. 
So, I have to give this shampoo a big thumbs down. 

I'm interested in hearing what everyone else thought of it....

Latest posts

Back