Sign in to follow this  
deactivateduser232015

Julep: February 2013

I just realized I need a new topcoat last night (for some reason, the only one I like is Julep's fast drying topcoat) so I'm super excited especially since now I don't need to shell out an extra amount to get a new topcoat. Although I did want to try to skip this month but that is not happening. Hopefully, march will suck ;)

Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Right. A lot of people are complaining that Freedom is so expensive compared to Seche (Seche Vite = $6-10 for 14mL and Freedom = $15 for 8mL), but Seche hasn't reformulated yet to be 3-free, and all of Julep's products have been 3+ free. If it works as well as Seche in terms of drying time and shininess, I'd be willing to shell out for it.

That's my only issue with Seche other than the fact that it smells exactly like my model paints - that it's not 3 free yet. If Freedom works as well as Seche, I'll use that as my alternating topcoat - if it's good, I don't mind spending more if the product warrants it.

Originally Posted by martianeskimo View Post

I just realized I need a new topcoat last night (for some reason, the only one I like is Julep's fast drying topcoat) so I'm super excited especially since now I don't need to shell out an extra amount to get a new topcoat. Although I did want to try to skip this month but that is not happening. Hopefully, march will suck wink.gif

That's what I said about January when I said I would skip!(got the wardrobe for December)

I'm SO excited. I need a new top/base coat and really want to try these both. I'd pay for the month with just those two things alone, haha. I'm anxious to see all the colors now. I don't have many holographic/duochrome colors :)

ENABLER ALERT- Bloomspot.com has a deal right now for julep- you get $50 worth of any product for $20. It's good til June but you can't apply it to your maven account. I'm trying to make a purchase on julep right now & I can't add anything into my cart... What gives??

Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

ENABLER ALERT- Bloomspot.com has a deal right now for julep- you get $50 worth of any product for $20. It's good til June but you can't apply it to your maven account. I'm trying to make a purchase on julep right now & I can't add anything into my cart... What gives??

yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was wondering if you could combine it with the maven discount, but if you can't, then definitely not worth it :C

I'm not sure if you can't combine it with your maven discount- it just says that you can use it towards your monthly box. Hmmmmm I wonder...

Question- I canceled my maven subscription, can I still buy mystery bags?? Also, how often do they come out?? I think its an amazing deal for $20

I tried it with mine and it's working just fine! Weird.

It's good until July though so I'm going to hang onto mine for a little while. I always end up buying stuff and then it goes on sale the next day! lol.

So after the spoilers of a top coat and a base coat- I was forced to activate my Maven account. I'm not doing to great with my New Years resolution of cutting back subscriptions.... Lol!!

So after the spoilers of a top coat and a base coat- I was forced to activate my Maven account. I'm not doing to great with my New Years resolution of cutting back subscriptions.... Lol!!

Ya me either.

I'm letting my birchbox go but I signed up for Beauty Army, and SquareHue, and I have Julep.

Which I keep telling myself I'll skip but then I never do!

So excited about these months colors. I skipped January because I bought so much stuff from their December sales but looks like I'll be a bad girl in February.

Here are the February colors:

February-Maven1.png

Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

So excited about these months colors. I skipped January because I bought so much stuff from their December sales but looks like I'll be a bad girl in February.

Here are the February colors:

February-Maven1.png

Oh gosh. It's going to be a tough choice this month! I'm classic with a twist and usually stick with that, but I think those are my least favorite this time. I think I may need to wait for the swatches and will probably end up adding on an extra or two as well!

Swatches:

American Beauty:

Sally: Antique ivory creme

Joan: Raspberry plum with rose gold shimmer

Boho Glam:

Ingrid: Burnt orange creme

Julianne: Smokey grey blue creme

Bombshell:

Ginger: Sand holographic

Laura: Olive khaki creme

Classic with a twist:

Claudette: Smoky brick red creme

Helen: Smoky pastel lavender creme

It Girl: 

Joan: Raspberry plum with rose shimmer

Rebel: Silver holographic

Marion: Smoky blue with silver shimmer

Originally Posted by cari12 View Post

Oh gosh. It's going to be a tough choice this month! I'm classic with a twist and usually stick with that, but I think those are my least favorite this time. I think I may need to wait for the swatches and will probably end up adding on an extra or two as well!

The swatches are up on the Julep blog and so are the add-ons. Im an it-girl but I want the base coat and the holos are very tempting not to mention the add-ons.

I know :( I was really hoping to add-on from this month too! But after seeing the swatches it made my decision a bit easier. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do Boho Glam with Jane as an add-on.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

I wish the add ons were nail polishes from that month and maybe also some others...ALL of them are from other months though :(

I know some people will be unhappy about that. Im happy because I wanted Oscar and it was sold out and also Jane.

I wonder if they're going to do a maven's choice box this month then. It seems like people might be unhappy. Then again, they didn't last month...

I'm not super impressed, but I don't want to skip because I want to try the new top+base coats. I'm a CwaT, which isn't a bad match for me this month, but I want to try the sand holo and I can never say no to a green (really. I'm terrible at it) while I have similar colours to the CwaT box in my collection already.

I'm happy they're including old colours in the addons (I'm hoping they'll do that for Susie in a spring box because I really only want to pay $5 for it ;_;) but yeah it does kind of suck they're not letting people add on from this collection... though actually my maven subscription window isn't active yet. Is anyone else's?

Also, super not convinced still Julep is really good at matching colours to names. Zoya is brilliant at it (omg I can't even with Pippa and I don't even like yellow. It's just that perfect), but Julep always leaves me a little cold. Case-in-point this month: Marion. I'm like 99.999% sure that refers to Marion Cotillard, unless if there's another famous Marion (and related to oscars too!) that I should be familiar with. So I'm not sure why the polish is a sparkly blue when neither the actress nor the name calls for that in any manner... Probably an oxblood, or a dark red a la Lucy. Maybe even nude-type colour with gold shimmer... but not this. :

Don't mind me, I'm still annoyed about Julep Amy, lol. Amy is a super easy name to work with because it can call up so many colours (or personalities of so many different celebrities named Amy) and they still missed the ball on it. I can't think of a single famous person named Amy that colour would fit and it certainly doesn't fit the name itself imo. Just ugh. And of course I've thought about it that much because it's my name... there're barely any companies that dare to go there with Amy and the one company that does makes me cringe with their choice.

I wonder if they're going to do a maven's choice box this month then. It seems like people might be unhappy. Then again, they didn't last month... I'm not super impressed, but I don't want to skip because I want to try the new top+base coats. I'm a CwaT, which isn't a bad match for me this month, but I want to try the sand holo and I can never say no to a green (really. I'm terrible at it) while I have similar colours to the CwaT box in my collection already. I'm happy they're including old colours in the addons (I'm hoping they'll do that for Susie in a spring box because I really only want to pay $5 for it ;_;) but yeah it does kind of suck they're not letting people add on from this collection... though actually my maven subscription window isn't active yet. Is anyone else's? Also, super not convinced still Julep is really good at matching colours to names. Zoya is brilliant at it (omg I can't even with Pippa and I don't even like yellow. It's just that perfect), but Julep always leaves me a little cold. Case-in-point this month: Marion. I'm like 99.999% sure that refers to Marion Cotillard, unless if there's another famous Marion (and related to oscars too!) that I should be familiar with. So I'm not sure why the polish is a sparkly blue when neither the actress nor the name calls for that in any manner... Probably an oxblood, or a dark red a la Lucy. Maybe even nude-type colour with gold shimmer... but not this. : Don't mind me, I'm still annoyed about Julep Amy, lol. Amy is a super easy name to work with because it can call up so many colours (or personalities of so many different celebrities named Amy) and they still missed the ball on it. I can't think of a single famous person named Amy that colour would fit and it certainly doesn't fit the name itself imo. Just ugh. And of course I've thought about it that much because it's my name... there're barely any companies that dare to go there with Amy and the one company that does makes me cringe with their choice.
I disagree! Amy is very Amy Adams to me!

I'll be sticking with my Boho Glam this month, as I'm an orange lover. 

When I click on the "Maven Profile" link, I'm getting a message that there is a problem with my account and to contact customer service.  Are others seeing that or do I really have a problem?

I'll be sticking with my Boho Glam this month, as I'm an orange lover.  When I click on the "Maven Profile" link, I'm getting a message that there is a problem with my account and to contact customer service.  Are others seeing that or do I really have a problem?
my account says the same!

Originally Posted by gemstone View Post

my account says the same!

Me too! I have a feeling it has something to do with them updating the information for the sub.

I'm seeing that error too, so I came here to see if anyone else was having the problem. Glad I'm not alone! There's no way I'm skipping this month. I'm normally CWaT, but I don't really like this month's selection. I'm switching to It Girl, I think.