Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
deactivateduser232015

Julep: February 2013

Recommended Posts

I just realized I need a new topcoat last night (for some reason, the only one I like is Julep's fast drying topcoat) so I'm super excited especially since now I don't need to shell out an extra amount to get a new topcoat. Although I did want to try to skip this month but that is not happening. Hopefully, march will suck ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

 

Right. A lot of people are complaining that Freedom is so expensive compared to Seche (Seche Vite = $6-10 for 14mL and Freedom = $15 for 8mL), but Seche hasn't reformulated yet to be 3-free, and all of Julep's products have been 3+ free. If it works as well as Seche in terms of drying time and shininess, I'd be willing to shell out for it.

 

That's my only issue with Seche other than the fact that it smells exactly like my model paints - that it's not 3 free yet. If Freedom works as well as Seche, I'll use that as my alternating topcoat - if it's good, I don't mind spending more if the product warrants it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by martianeskimo View Post

 

I just realized I need a new topcoat last night (for some reason, the only one I like is Julep's fast drying topcoat) so I'm super excited especially since now I don't need to shell out an extra amount to get a new topcoat. Although I did want to try to skip this month but that is not happening. Hopefully, march will suck wink.gif

That's what I said about January when I said I would skip!(got the wardrobe for December)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm SO excited. I need a new top/base coat and really want to try these both. I'd pay for the month with just those two things alone, haha. I'm anxious to see all the colors now. I don't have many holographic/duochrome colors :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ENABLER ALERT- Bloomspot.com has a deal right now for julep- you get $50 worth of any product for $20. It's good til June but you can't apply it to your maven account. I'm trying to make a purchase on julep right now & I can't add anything into my cart... What gives??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

 

ENABLER ALERT- Bloomspot.com has a deal right now for julep- you get $50 worth of any product for $20. It's good til June but you can't apply it to your maven account. I'm trying to make a purchase on julep right now & I can't add anything into my cart... What gives??

yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was wondering if you could combine it with the maven discount, but if you can't, then definitely not worth it :C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if you can't combine it with your maven discount- it just says that you can use it towards your monthly box. Hmmmmm I wonder...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question- I canceled my maven subscription, can I still buy mystery bags?? Also, how often do they come out?? I think its an amazing deal for $20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

 

ENABLER ALERT- Bloomspot.com has a deal right now for julep- you get $50 worth of any product for $20. It's good til June but you can't apply it to your maven account. I'm trying to make a purchase on julep right now & I can't add anything into my cart... What gives??

 

I tried it with mine and it's working just fine! Weird.

 

It's good until July though so I'm going to hang onto mine for a little while. I always end up buying stuff and then it goes on sale the next day! lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after the spoilers of a top coat and a base coat- I was forced to activate my Maven account. I'm not doing to great with my New Years resolution of cutting back subscriptions.... Lol!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

 

So after the spoilers of a top coat and a base coat- I was forced to activate my Maven account. I'm not doing to great with my New Years resolution of cutting back subscriptions.... Lol!!

 

Ya me either.

I'm letting my birchbox go but I signed up for Beauty Army, and SquareHue, and I have Julep.

Which I keep telling myself I'll skip but then I never do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So excited about these months colors. I skipped January because I bought so much stuff from their December sales but looks like I'll be a bad girl in February.

Here are the February colors:

February-Maven1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

 

So excited about these months colors. I skipped January because I bought so much stuff from their December sales but looks like I'll be a bad girl in February.

Here are the February colors:

February-Maven1.png

Oh gosh. It's going to be a tough choice this month! I'm classic with a twist and usually stick with that, but I think those are my least favorite this time. I think I may need to wait for the swatches and will probably end up adding on an extra or two as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swatches:

 

American Beauty:

1000

 

 

Sally: Antique ivory creme

 

Joan: Raspberry plum with rose gold shimmer

 

Boho Glam:

 

1000

Ingrid: Burnt orange creme

Julianne: Smokey grey blue creme

 

Bombshell:

 

1000

Ginger: Sand holographic

Laura: Olive khaki creme

 

Classic with a twist:

 

1000

Claudette: Smoky brick red creme

Helen: Smoky pastel lavender creme

 

It Girl: 

 

1000

 

Joan: Raspberry plum with rose shimmer

Rebel: Silver holographic

Marion: Smoky blue with silver shimmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by cari12 View Post

 

Oh gosh. It's going to be a tough choice this month! I'm classic with a twist and usually stick with that, but I think those are my least favorite this time. I think I may need to wait for the swatches and will probably end up adding on an extra or two as well!

The swatches are up on the Julep blog and so are the add-ons. Im an it-girl but I want the base coat and the holos are very tempting not to mention the add-ons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know :( I was really hoping to add-on from this month too! But after seeing the swatches it made my decision a bit easier. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do Boho Glam with Jane as an add-on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

 

I wish the add ons were nail polishes from that month and maybe also some others...ALL of them are from other months though :(

I know some people will be unhappy about that. Im happy because I wanted Oscar and it was sold out and also Jane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they're going to do a maven's choice box this month then. It seems like people might be unhappy. Then again, they didn't last month...

 

I'm not super impressed, but I don't want to skip because I want to try the new top+base coats. I'm a CwaT, which isn't a bad match for me this month, but I want to try the sand holo and I can never say no to a green (really. I'm terrible at it) while I have similar colours to the CwaT box in my collection already.

 

I'm happy they're including old colours in the addons (I'm hoping they'll do that for Susie in a spring box because I really only want to pay $5 for it ;_;) but yeah it does kind of suck they're not letting people add on from this collection... though actually my maven subscription window isn't active yet. Is anyone else's?

 

Also, super not convinced still Julep is really good at matching colours to names. Zoya is brilliant at it (omg I can't even with Pippa and I don't even like yellow. It's just that perfect), but Julep always leaves me a little cold. Case-in-point this month: Marion. I'm like 99.999% sure that refers to Marion Cotillard, unless if there's another famous Marion (and related to oscars too!) that I should be familiar with. So I'm not sure why the polish is a sparkly blue when neither the actress nor the name calls for that in any manner... Probably an oxblood, or a dark red a la Lucy. Maybe even nude-type colour with gold shimmer... but not this. :

 

Don't mind me, I'm still annoyed about Julep Amy, lol. Amy is a super easy name to work with because it can call up so many colours (or personalities of so many different celebrities named Amy) and they still missed the ball on it. I can't think of a single famous person named Amy that colour would fit and it certainly doesn't fit the name itself imo. Just ugh. And of course I've thought about it that much because it's my name... there're barely any companies that dare to go there with Amy and the one company that does makes me cringe with their choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wonder if they're going to do a maven's choice box this month then. It seems like people might be unhappy. Then again, they didn't last month... I'm not super impressed, but I don't want to skip because I want to try the new top+base coats. I'm a CwaT, which isn't a bad match for me this month, but I want to try the sand holo and I can never say no to a green (really. I'm terrible at it) while I have similar colours to the CwaT box in my collection already. I'm happy they're including old colours in the addons (I'm hoping they'll do that for Susie in a spring box because I really only want to pay $5 for it ;_;) but yeah it does kind of suck they're not letting people add on from this collection... though actually my maven subscription window isn't active yet. Is anyone else's? Also, super not convinced still Julep is really good at matching colours to names. Zoya is brilliant at it (omg I can't even with Pippa and I don't even like yellow. It's just that perfect), but Julep always leaves me a little cold. Case-in-point this month: Marion. I'm like 99.999% sure that refers to Marion Cotillard, unless if there's another famous Marion (and related to oscars too!) that I should be familiar with. So I'm not sure why the polish is a sparkly blue when neither the actress nor the name calls for that in any manner... Probably an oxblood, or a dark red a la Lucy. Maybe even nude-type colour with gold shimmer... but not this. : Don't mind me, I'm still annoyed about Julep Amy, lol. Amy is a super easy name to work with because it can call up so many colours (or personalities of so many different celebrities named Amy) and they still missed the ball on it. I can't think of a single famous person named Amy that colour would fit and it certainly doesn't fit the name itself imo. Just ugh. And of course I've thought about it that much because it's my name... there're barely any companies that dare to go there with Amy and the one company that does makes me cringe with their choice.
I disagree! Amy is very Amy Adams to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be sticking with my Boho Glam this month, as I'm an orange lover. 

 

When I click on the "Maven Profile" link, I'm getting a message that there is a problem with my account and to contact customer service.  Are others seeing that or do I really have a problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'll be sticking with my Boho Glam this month, as I'm an orange lover.  When I click on the "Maven Profile" link, I'm getting a message that there is a problem with my account and to contact customer service.  Are others seeing that or do I really have a problem?
my account says the same!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by gemstone View Post

 

 

my account says the same!

Me too! I have a feeling it has something to do with them updating the information for the sub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing that error too, so I came here to see if anyone else was having the problem. Glad I'm not alone! There's no way I'm skipping this month. I'm normally CWaT, but I don't really like this month's selection. I'm switching to It Girl, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

Follow us

Recent tweets

MakeupTalk Facebook - 911K Likes

×
×
  • Create New...