What are some of your purchase regrets? makeup or otherwise

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We all buy things, some of those things we look at later and go why did I buy this? or sometimes we buy something that is deeply disappointing but for whatever reason (its used, store policy, etc..)  we can't return it.

What are some of your purchase regrets?

I just bought some really cute chicken family bowls on etsy, but when I got them, they were smaller and more fragile than I thought. I paid $18 for 3 bowls but with $10 shipping, that comes to nearly $10 a bowl. I look at them and think, why did I buy these? yeah, they're cute, but I paid way too much for them, and they're too small.

I also bought a custom knit dog sweater for my eldest greyhound Lily, its too small but the seller won't let me return it or make another one. She says it has to be worn to stretch out, but since its too small and the dog is so old, I can't get it on her to stretch it out! $50 wasted. I tried selling it for half price on ebay, no one was interested..

Buying online is always a little risky.

um. when I heard that they were discontinuing the Hard Candy box blushes. I bought 3, I hate all of them. theyre all powdery, not very pigmented and don't apply well. so they sit in my face drawer. worth nothing but the flimsy cardboard boxes they come in.

um. when I heard that they were discontinuing the Hard Candy box blushes. I bought 3, I hate all of them. theyre all powdery, not very pigmented and don't apply well. so they sit in my face drawer. worth nothing but the flimsy cardboard boxes they come in.
Those are my favorite blushes haha! Um. I'm going to say Urban Decay book of shadows. I never use it but I like the idea of having it, if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those are my favorite blushes haha!

Um. I'm going to say Urban Decay book of shadows. I never use it but I like the idea of having it, if that makes sense.
ohh. I understand. I'm adding Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box. I never stray from neutrals. but I wanted to have it. also all the colorful wet n' wild 8 pan palettes. for the same reason. I just wanted all of them.

- Crown brushes at IMATS - MAC's lip primer, mineralized powder, and bronzer. - Dior Show mascara - Kryolan matte spirit gum - various ear bud ear phones - ADM tronics Pros-Aide remover

This isn't makeup related but last year my hubby and I went to a fondue restaurant and I fell in love with fondue! So I just HAD to buy my own fondue set that I swore I would use all the time for special dinners, parties etc. Upon buying it (and it wasn't cheap!) I've only used it once! and that was the day after I got it. What a waste!

The NYC Individual Eyes Palette....what horrible quality that was

The Bio Silk shampoo....so drying!

The Pan Digital e reader (back when e readers were all the hype)...that thing never worked right

A lot of shoes because some are pretty but feel like they are breaking my feet...what women will do for fashion

I recently HAD TO HAVE a purse that I thought was just the most amazing bag ever. Now that I have it, I look at it and wonder why I spent the money and I'm so glad I didn't get it in another shade. I really like the shape and size, but it's already packed to the gills and I have so much more I need to bring along, and a larger shoulder bag would have been better money spent. Oh well.

I didn't buy this next thing but rather built it before researching other designs. I had a small flock of chickens that have systematically been picked off by (what I assume is) a hawk. I researched "chicken tractors" to place my remaining two in (
bawling.gif
) when I can't have my eyes on them, but only after building this fairly heavy, large 12'x6' A-frame structure did I find the most amazingly simple, lightweight, single-material design EVER. And since I didn't use any purchased materials to build what I have, I'm having a hard time convincing my DH that I need to buy materials to build the new, better one. Bah!! I guess at least I have a way to let them out of the coop now without fear the hawk will kill them. I can't keep finding little headless carcasses everywhere. It makes me so sad.

I went to a L'Oreal warehouse sale, which pretty much sells a lot of drugstore brands (Maybelline, L'Oreal, etc), Essie nail polish, Biotherm, Vichy, some Lancome, some perfume, sunscreen, shampoo and such. I regret going to that sale buying a whole bunch of drugstore brand concealer, bronzers, etc. I usually use the higher end stuff but I kinda got caught up in the low prices and the whole hype and bought a whole bunch of stuff I really was going to use once or twice.

Anytime I EVER buy a new eyeshadow I stress so hard over what color to get, get nervous, and end up buying a slightly different version of the EXACT same neutral taupe-ish color. Thinking 'yay this is pretty and will be different!'. No. Nope.

Originally Posted by katye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anytime I EVER buy a new eyeshadow I stress so hard over what color to get, get nervous, and end up buying a slightly different version of the EXACT same neutral taupe-ish color. Thinking 'yay this is pretty and will be different!'. No. Nope.
we all do that.

I ordered Avon Glow eyeshadow sticks in every color. I hate all of them. I love their regular ones but these new colors crease and look awful. Total waste. I also regret every foundation purchase I've made besides the Almay I use every day. I keep trying new ones and I need to stop wasting my money because I always go back to my Almay.

I brought Clinique's 3-Step Acne Solution set (full size). It kinda sorta worked for a few days (not more than anything else I've used), then I stopped noticing a difference and stopped using it. Well when I stopped, I had a really bad acne flare-up. *Sigh* $60 wasted. The following week I found a $7 drugstore product that worked better for me.

I brought a cute pair of comfortable heels thinking "I'll have a special occasion to wear these to." They've been sitting on my shelf unworn for weeks now.

I bought and NYC eye shadow palette and I keep saying ill use it but the pigmentation is not good. Same with food stuff, I always buy random chips that I think i might like and i never eat them and I always regret not buying the ones I really want.

Lol. I always regret those maybelline eyeshadow quads and trios. Not the color show ones, I haven't tried those. But the normal square ones. They're horrible. I'm always like "ohhh I love that color" then I get home and I'm all "awwww where's the color?" So I've just convinced myself to stop looking at maybelline eyeshadows

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol. I always regret those maybelline eyeshadow quads and trios. Not the color show ones, I haven't tried those. But the normal square ones. They're horrible. I'm always like "ohhh I love that color" then I get home and I'm all "awwww where's the color?" So I've just convinced myself to stop looking at maybelline eyeshadows
I thought those quads were awesome until I brought my first high end palette and discovered what eyeshadows are supposed to be like lol. Now I walk right pass them in Walmart and Target.

All 3 of benefits neutral eyes palettes, which I never use any of. LORAC pro, which I should've returned or never purchased since I've NEVER liked LORAC shadows. Lots of other make up I've purchased on hautelook and just thought "why did I buy this again?". And pretty much everything I've purchased by toofaced every.

Back