Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dalylah

Swagger Cosmetics

Recommended Posts

I have seen Swagger Cosmetics eyeshadows around lately and I was so impressed by how bold their colors were. Have any of you tried their stuff? Did you like it?

 

Here are some swatches I found:

 

186362

Source: Pigments & Palettes

Left-Right: Ballin Outta Control, Tranny Chaser, Gold Digger, Responsitranity, Birthday Cake, Red Bone, Bieber Fever & Rad witch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oo, those swatches are nice! I've seen the brand being praised by some bloggers, but never tried. I wonder how the fallout is, though. I imagine a person could be a hot glittery mess, if not careful lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean View Post

 

Oo, those swatches are nice! I've seen the brand being praised by some bloggers, but never tried. I wonder how the fallout is, though. I imagine a person could be a hot glittery mess, if not careful lol.

Hey stop talking about me like that! Oh wait, you meant the eyeshadow laughing.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The green and the purple are the ones screaming at me to buy them. I am not sure I can buy an eyeshadow called Bieber Fever but my 14 year old son would be quite pleased haha. I also feel like I should buy Tranny Chaser just to say I have an eyeshadow called that ROFL icon_cheesygrin.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a couple of looks using those cosmetics. Both looks are from Pigments & Palettes. I love how she does her makeup. Really beautiful and it inspires me to try more vibrant colors.

 

700

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Too bad they used such an offensive word in naming.
I don't know which word you're talking about, but the one that hit my WTF JUST NO button was the T-word. I'm fine with "witch," but the other? No way, no how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
why is tranny an offensive word?
In the trans community, it's on par with calling a gay person a f***** (another word I will not type out).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

 

In the trans community, it's on par with calling a gay person a f***** (another word I will not type out).

even though its just a different shortening of the word transexual and also, used in the automotive world as the word for transmission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
even though its just a different shortening of the word transexual and also, used in the automotive world as the word for transmission.
Comparing a person to a transmission is dehumanizing and in fact a large part of the problem. I go by this rule: If members of a community who don't know each other tell me a word is offensive and hurtful, I try to respect their humanity and put that word on the forbidden list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be quite frank I think a lot of people get a little too politically correct and forget to laugh at the little things. The big difference between being offensive and silly is how you say stuff. If you are saying it to hurt someone then it's wrong. This is about a product and judging by the fact that it has Bieber Fever, Gold Digger and Rad witch as well I would say we can assume they are being silly. As a Rad witch myself I am not offended laughing.gif

 

Bottom line: If it offends you then don't purchase it. If it doesn't bother you then get it if you like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

 

I go by this rule: If members of a community who don't know each other tell me a word is offensive and hurtful, I try to respect their humanity and put that word on the forbidden list.

I agree with this statement however we are discussing a product, not a human.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

 

Comparing a person to a transmission is dehumanizing and in fact a large part of the problem

noone is comparing anyone to a transmission......

 

this is the same thing as people getting up in arms over target naming the color of a dress manatee grey, its not like theyre calling the person who wears it a manatee....

 

people are far too sensitive.

 

 

but anyway, I thought the naming was funny on all of them, and I'd be really interested to hear more about people's thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by katlyne View Post

 

noone is comparing anyone to a transmission......

 

this is the same thing as people getting up in arms over target naming the color of a dress manatee grey, its not like theyre calling the person who wears it a manatee....

 

people are far too sensitive.

 

 

but anyway, I thought the naming was funny on all of them, and I'd be really interested to hear more about people's thoughts.

 

 

 

Well, you asked why it was offensive, and you mentioned transmissions, so I figured I might as well address that -- in addition to everything else -- since you brought it up.  Overall, I was just trying to explain what has been explained to me, and at least once at great length by someone whose girlfriend had just left a party because *as a trans woman*, she was so uncomfortable due to the use of that word that she couldn't stick around any longer.  I don't use ethnic or anti-gay slurs (except in illustrative examples, like I did in the below paragraph), so I figure I might as well not insult trans people while I'm at it, especially since I was specifically asked not to use that particular word, and further research into the matter indicated that it wasn't just her that was offended.  It's a community-wide issue.  

 

One of the biggest problems here is that the use has become so normalized that people don't even realize it's one of the most hurtful things a trans person hears, much like my grandfather was so casually and ingrained racist that it didn't even *occur* to him that perhaps "wetback" was an inappropriate word to use in reference to Mexican people, to name just one example that has resurfaced in the news this week, and continued use and refusal to stop using it just tells that person that "I don't care enough about you as a human being to stop using this word that tears at your soul every single time I make you see or hear it.  Hell, I don't even think of you as a person.  You're an other and a *thing*."  Even if *you* don't mean that, it's what that person hears and feels.  Yes, people are sensitive -- because these words have been used to hurt for far too long.  

 

And I was raised to never, *ever* use ethnic slurs.  It pains me to even use them to explain something or illustrate a point.  My mother was so adamant about this that she told my grandfather (yes, the casual racist) that if he *ever* used one of those words in front of my brother or me, he would never see us again.  If I find out a word is considered to be derogatory, I remember my mother, realize how horrified she would be, and *stop using that word*.  I put this word on par with ethnic slurs, so it's on the banned list.

 

Apparently, I have stumbled into the role of trans activist today.  I have *no clue* how this happened.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • It's great that you mentioned your skin type! because a lot of people show us 'their' skin routines but never mention what skin type they are
    • I completed my June goal of paying off $30.00. It was for face cream and serum I bought on a "buy now pay later" plan. I want to buy more! Goal for the rest of the month is to unsubscribe from this buy now pay later place and forget about it, as I am all paid up with them. 
    • I've read that collagen and hydraulic acid can super-hydrate your skin and give it a natural glow. I've been struggling with dry skin and dark eye circles (regardless of skincare regime or amount of water I take in) since I moved to a new city. I'd like to combat the issue from the inside out. The only thing about the two supplements is they make your hair grow like crazy, which as someone with a permed bob I don't necessarily want that side effect. Can anyone recommend alternative supplements that provide the same moisturizing benefits to the skin? Thanks!
    • medium length hairstyles 2019, medium length haircuts lady, 2019 hairstyles women, haircuts 2019 most trend medium length haircuts 2019 2020 https://www.causesandtreatment.com/2019/06/12/beautiful-medium-length-hairstyles-for-women-of-all-ages/

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×