Sign in to follow this  
RandeeJ9

"What you all do with all the Ipsy bags you get?"

Hey ladies!

So, I was just wondering what you all do with all the Ipsy bags you get. I'm just looking for ideas, because I honestly have a bag of cosmetic bags and just realized I am going to be getting a new one each month! I hate "wasting" items, so I was hoping you gals had some good, creative things that you do with all the cosmetic bags. Thanks! :)

I could have sworn we had an established thread on this but I guess not. I moved your post out of the May thread to create a new thread since it's a fantastic discussion to have. I use mine for various things.

• Period bags. I store extra tampons and pads in a bag for each of my vehicles - one in the hubby's truck, one in my SUV and one in my other SUV. With three daughters and of course myself having extra stuff stashed in the vehicles for on the road has come in handy a few times.
  • Sewing kits. Like the one with extra period stuff I have one in each vehicle with mini sewing kits as well as safety pins.
  • 1st Aid kits. Also have one for 1st aid kits.

Because the colors are different it's easy to grab the right bag instead of having things stuffed in one bag.

• Coin purse.
  • Tissue holder.

Hey ladies! So, I was just wondering what you all do with all the Ipsy bags you get. I'm just looking for ideas, because I honestly have a bag of cosmetic bags and just realized I am going to be getting a new one each month! I hate "wasting" items, so I was hoping you gals had some good, creative things that you do with all the cosmetic bags. Thanks! :)  
Organize your purse!!

Originally Posted by harlowekitty View Post

Organize your purse!!

Ok I used the big blue starry-inside bag as my medicine bag...it just looks like one :) . I used one bag for personal products :). I used one to put makeup items that I want to use but aren't something ready for my actual makeup bag yet in one of the bags. That anchor one? perfect for the gym . I put shampoo & conditioner samples as well as lotion samples in there. I made one just for lippies in my purse. You could also use one as a coin bag. So far my favorite use is the gym one. I can take that anchor bag into the shower with me and literally squeeze it out after with a towel and its dry!

I used a couple for hair accessories like hair ties, clips, etc. I also use some for my craft supplies like loose ribbons, chains, jewelry findings, stickers, glitter packets, blings, etc. =)

Wow! These are all GREAT ideas! Thanks so much! I just knew there had to be things to use for them, I was just coming up blank! I love the idea of having one for personal products like pads and tampons, and having one just for lippies in my purse (I always end up with at least 5 in my purse, dunno how that happens) and using them for craft supplies is also a great idea! Awesome, so glad I asked. Thanks again! :) I of course love to hear any more ideas anyone else has

I also love the idea of using one for the gym! I wish I had been an Ipsy subscriber in March. That anchor bag is SO cute!

I could have sworn we had an established thread on this but I guess not. I moved your post out of the May thread to create a new thread since it's a fantastic discussion to have. I use mine for various things.
  • Period bags. I store extra tampons and pads in a bag for each of my vehicles - one in the hubby's truck, one in my SUV and one in my other SUV. With three daughters and of course myself having extra stuff stashed in the vehicles for on the road has come in handy a few times.
  • Sewing kits. Like the one with extra period stuff I have one in each vehicle with mini sewing kits as well as safety pins.

Because the colors are different it's easy to grab the right bag instead of having things stuffed in one bag.

• Coin purse.
  • Tissue holder.

Love this idea ! The place I work at requires us to have a see through bag for our belongings. It gets pretty embarrassing "that time of the month" when you can see all my pads and tampons rolling around in my bag. Definitely going to make a bag for those right now! Thanks :)

Let's see...

November 2012 bag holds my Bundle Monster and Konad stamping plates

December 2012 bag hold my dotting tools, nail files and some other nail accessories

January 2013 bag is my small first aid kit for traveling

February 2013 holds small foils that I need to sample from beauty subscriptions (lotions etc.)

March 2013 bag I use for traveling (any purpose, such as travel toiletries or charging cables for my electronics, jewelry for the trip, etc.)

April 2013 bag is my emergency sewing kit for the ballet studio I work at, you never know when you need to quickly sew ribbons on pointe shoes that have come undone or costume work, etc. I also keep a tiny bottle of hairspray and clear nail polish in there (for snags in tights) and some bobby pins, elastics and safety pins

May 2013 bag....haven't decided yet! lol I'm still admiring it!

Pass them off to my girls (except for a few that I've really liked), they are (almost) 4 and 2 1/2 and they like to carry them around with their Little People dolls and "jewelry" and sometimes snacks. 

The ones I save I use to organize things. I keep one in the diaper bag with a few touch-up items in it (a lip gloss, powder, etc.) and I plan to use one for period stuff too once I start having a period again. 

I use a few to organize my purse, and the rest I've been using to help keep my crafting table organized!  (wire all goes in one bag, large focal point beads and pendants in another, etc.)

I use some for traveling & organizing my beauty products, one as an external HD case, one to organize stuff in my purse, one for pads & tampons, and one for my GPS car charger.

The April bag is going to be my new oh-shit kit since it's bright enough to stand out in the darkness of my purse.  More than just tampons, these kits also include Bandaids, tweezers, lip balm, nail polish remover pads, hair ties, decongestants, those tubes of instant coffee from Starbucks (I'm not fond of this particular strain of coffee, but when I have a *really* nasty headache, I need extra caffeine to beat the pain into submission, so I will actually dump one of these into a mocha or cup of coffee for a turboboost), and a few more things I can't think of at the moment.  My current one is in a Hello Kitty tin, but those can pop open and spill all over the place, and then the whole purpose of having one container for all of these things is defeated, plus it's not quite big enough for everything I need to cram in there (Tylenol!).

These are awesome ideas! I use them to organize my makeup: one for lippies, one for blush, another for foundation...you get the picture. I also give them away if a friend really likes it :)

Awesome ideas! I have been a subbie since the beginning so I have started to run out of ideas, I have about 4 unused so I will deff use some of your guys ideas. Most of mine are used to seperate my make up items: one for eye shadow, mascara, face products, etc.

I use mine for small snacks for my daughters lunch box. She attends preschool twice a week and she loves the little treats she gets inside of the ipsy bags. I stuff a small snack bag inside of the makeup bag so that no messes are made and the leftovers can easily be tossed out. They are also great for gifting small items to friends. I will fill them up with little pick me ups for my best friend and stick it in her purse when she's not looking. I'll throw a picture of us in it or some samples, etc. She loves it. I made a "mom emergency" kit out of April's bag for a friend who is pregnant with a girl. I put it some baby Tylenol, teething tablets, gas medicine, small tube of diaper rash ointment, small tube of baby sunscreen and a gift card to babies r us.

My girls each have one in their backpacks with extra hair ties, tissues, lip balm etc. My oldest used the gold glitter one for an evening bag to a formal dance. She punched a hole in the end and added a wide black silk ribbon to convert it to a wristlet. She also sprayed it with a clear finishing spray to reduce the glitter fallout.

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

• Coin purse.
  • Tissue holder.

Genius ideas! I will definitely be making a first aid kit & a "monthly bag". It always seems like I start my period when I'm away from home. icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie View Post

Let's see...

November 2012 bag holds my Bundle Monster and Konad stamping plates

December 2012 bag hold my dotting tools, nail files and some other nail accessories

January 2013 bag is my small first aid kit for traveling

February 2013 holds small foils that I need to sample from beauty subscriptions (lotions etc.)

March 2013 bag I use for traveling (any purpose, such as travel toiletries or charging cables for my electronics, jewelry for the trip, etc.)

April 2013 bag is my emergency sewing kit for the ballet studio I work at, you never know when you need to quickly sew ribbons on pointe shoes that have come undone or costume work, etc. I also keep a tiny bottle of hairspray and clear nail polish in there (for snags in tights) and some bobby pins, elastics and safety pins

May 2013 bag....haven't decided yet! lol I'm still admiring it!

SO many awesome ideas! smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by page5 View Post

My girls each have one in their backpacks with extra hair ties, tissues, lip balm etc.

My oldest used the gold glitter one for an evening bag to a formal dance. She punched a hole in the end and added a wide black silk ribbon to convert it to a wristlet. She also sprayed it with a clear finishing spray to reduce the glitter fallout.

Love the evening bag idea! icon_cheesygrin.gif

I am more eager than ever to get more Ipsy bags! May was my first month but thanks to all of these great repurposing ideas I'm going to need a few more months worth of bags to utilize them in all of the ways that I want! icon_lol.gif

In addition to most of the ideas above All the other samples from the many sample boxes ive been subbed to for the last yr that i couldn't use I made personalized gift bags using the ipsy bags and gave them away for xmas BIG HIT

Originally Posted by page5 View Post

My oldest used the gold glitter one for an evening bag to a formal dance. She punched a hole in the end and added a wide black silk ribbon to convert it to a wristlet. She also sprayed it with a clear finishing spray to reduce the glitter fallout.

Clever girl! For those wanting to do that, you can buy grommets at a craft store for a few bucks (after 40% or 50% coupon) if you want to keep the hole from fraying or to add more strength to it.

I have 3 Ipsy bags in my purse right now.  The May bag (which is my favorite so far) holds all my miscellaneous make up products.  The December bag (my second fav) has all my lip products in it.  Yep, just lip products: balms, glosses, plumpers, and of course lipsticks.  The April bag has all of my various gift cards in it.  I just had a birthday on Mother's Day, so I have lots of gift cards right now. (yay!)

Then I use some of the bags to organize some make up at home.  And I've also given my sister and daughter a few. smile.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post

I have 3 Ipsy bags in my purse right now.  The May bag (which is my favorite so far) holds all my miscellaneous make up products.  The December bag (my second fav) has all my lip products in it.  Yep, just lip products: balms, glosses, plumpers, and of course lipsticks.  The April bag has all of my various gift cards in it.  I just had a birthday on Mother's Day, so I have lots of gift cards right now. (yay!)

Then I use some of the bags to organize some make up at home.  And I've also given my sister and daughter a few. smile.gif

As much as I would love to keep one in my purse for the 427 lipglosses I tote around, my purse just isn't big enough. lol

I use mine to organize all my purses. And I also use them as little gifts, when I have makeup I know friends or family will like, it's nice handing it to them in a makeup bag. Or if someone is going through a tough time at work Ill fill a bag up with extra samples I have laying around and give them a little "pick me up" treat bag =) people love them!

Forgot to add it in my original post, but they're also useful when I'm packing for trips. Helps to organize it and to not be a chaotic mess! XD