"What you all do with all the Ipsy bags you get?"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 Ipsy bags in my purse right now.  The May bag (which is my favorite so far) holds all my miscellaneous make up products.  The December bag (my second fav) has all my lip products in it.  Yep, just lip products: balms, glosses, plumpers, and of course lipsticks.  The April bag has all of my various gift cards in it.  I just had a birthday on Mother's Day, so I have lots of gift cards right now. (yay!)

Then I use some of the bags to organize some make up at home.  And I've also given my sister and daughter a few.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have 3 Ipsy bags in my purse right now.  The May bag (which is my favorite so far) holds all my miscellaneous make up products.  The December bag (my second fav) has all my lip products in it.  Yep, just lip products: balms, glosses, plumpers, and of course lipsticks.  The April bag has all of my various gift cards in it.  I just had a birthday on Mother's Day, so I have lots of gift cards right now. (yay!)

Then I use some of the bags to organize some make up at home.  And I've also given my sister and daughter a few.
smile.gif
As much as I would love to keep one in my purse for the 427 lipglosses I tote around, my purse just isn't big enough. lol

I use mine to organize all my purses. And I also use them as little gifts, when I have makeup I know friends or family will like, it's nice handing it to them in a makeup bag. Or if someone is going through a tough time at work Ill fill a bag up with extra samples I have laying around and give them a little "pick me up" treat bag =) people love them!

Forgot to add it in my original post, but they're also useful when I'm packing for trips. Helps to organize it and to not be a chaotic mess! XD

I've been using my March bag to hold my sunglasses or sometimes actual glasses when I'm wearing contacts.

I have three so far! Here's what I'm doing with them all:

The first bag helps me keep my home makeup stash organized, as I have tons of eyeshadows and it holds the ones I reach for most frequently.

The July bag stays in my purse with the essentials I might need on the go--lavendar scented hand sanitizer from Ulta, two Maybelline Baby Lips lip balms, hair ties, bobby pins, mini deodorant, tweezers, hand cream, coola mineral sunscreen sample, and a rollerball perfume.

The third bag more is my travel makeup bag; I just use basic makeup when travelling, not so many pieces as the more creative looks I usually go for. Usually a BB cream, pressed powder, eyebrow pencil, brow gel, eyeliner, 1 color eyeshadow crayon (something relatively neutral, right now Pixi's in Peach Pave), mascara, and a tinted lip balm. 

Originally Posted by puffyeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been using my March bag to hold my sunglasses or sometimes actual glasses when I'm wearing contacts.
That's a great idea.  I think the July bag is a great shape to hold sunglasses too.

Well, I have been a member since Jan of this year so...

Jan Bag (dark blue with starry print inside): in my purse holding my mini pharmacy :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have to carry muscle relaxers and migraine meds as well as stuff for tension headaches because I have a lot of migraines and neck/shoulder pain/tension, etc. Also I help run art events and everybody know they can come to me for Ibuprofen if they need it.

Feb Bag (black shiny with red inside): this pretty much perfectly matches a red patent with black trim round kind of of retro looking purse I have so I kind of just use it when I use that purse. The purse is kind of deep and I like keeping my touch up make-up and other small things from rattling around inside it by putting them in the little Ipsy bag.

Mar Bag (nautical print): I remember wondering what the heck I was going to do with a nautical print bag when I got this. It is not really my style, but it has turned out to be my travel jewelry bag. The print does not matter, but it is a bit padded and it is a good size for me, so it has worked out nicely.

Apr Bag (white with pink, pink strip inside): For a while I was using this as my travel make-up bag. I usually take an extra eye palette and a mascara and blush from my collection to use on my trips in addition to what I normally carry in my purse. Since then I have replaced it with another bag and may end up give this one to my niece because it is pink and she loves pink.

May Bag (blue/teal/orange chevron): This one really has not gotten much use. I may end up using it in the car to carry my extra lady products and such.

June Bag (leopard print and lime green): Okay, I was so not looking forward to this one. The only thing I like less than neon is cheetah print. I know a lot of people love it, but I am just not a fan. But because of the zipper and the size this has actually become my new travel make-up bag. It holds my little mineral loose eyeshadow pots perfectly and the zipper placement seems to keep things from falling out so much.

July Bag (pink translucent cylinder): this is perfect for my travel brushes, eyelash curler, etc.

I've been using them to store all my trade items in, and all of those bags are in the Sephora Sun Safety case I got in May.

(long time makeup talk lurker, first time poster...)

I've only been a subscriber since July, however, the July bag is pretty much a perfect travel case for a Clarisonic Mia...  I pop the brush off and the unit itself + it all fits in there perfectly!

Originally Posted by keewee10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've only been a subscriber since July, however, the July bag is pretty much a perfect travel case for a Clarisonic Mia...  I pop the brush off and the unit itself + it all fits in there perfectly!
Welcome!

Originally Posted by keewee10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooohh, good idea! I have the Aria, but they're roughly the same size, right? I'm going to go home and test this out. Genius!

I joined ipsy in May and have found a use for every bag so far, except Octobers.

May= My current makeup bag because I thought it was so adorable, I wanted to use it ALL the time

June= Holds my bra strap holders, garment tape and other stuff like that

July= I put my all my colored sharpies in it that I use for writing on my calendar in my bathroom, yup my calendar is in the bathroom, because I go in there every morning and that's the first thing I see. 

August= I hated the bag and gifted a couple of the items I didn't like from the ipsy bags to my sister, who absolutely LOVED it, she keeps asking me to gift her another ipsy bag.

October= I didn't like the quote so I tried to do some "art" on it, which turned out awful, not sure if it's even worth gifting to my sister at this point.

November= I am super excited for this month's bag, great for a holiday party as a small purse!  

Quote: Originally Posted by Spazkatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  October= I didn't like the quote so I tried to do some "art" on it, which turned out awful, not sure if it's even worth gifting to my sister at this point.

Maybe a dark fabric paint to go over it?

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The April bag has all of my various gift cards in it.  I just had a birthday on Mother's Day, so I have lots of gift cards right now. (yay!)

Now that's a great idea. I may try that. That also made me think of carrying one around with small note cards and some stamps, when I want to drop a quick note to a friend or family member.

As for now, I am carry the purple iPsy bag (we got it in August I think and I actually like it) in my purse as my touch-up bag. It holds a face brush, some lippes, eye pencil, eyeshadow and blotting paper.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe a dark fabric paint to go over it?
Thanks for the idea, that may work!

I'm a total lurker and have been for months. So hi!
wavey.gif

I have one bag in my backpack with advil, lotion, tissues, a file, and hand sanitizer.

I am using the rest of the bags that I have to make little emergency kits for family member's cars. I'll be giving them out as Christmas presents.

My makeup stash is pretty small since I'm just starting out so I don't have a need for all the bags yet!

Quote: Originally Posted by staar987 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm a total lurker and have been for months. So hi!
wavey.gif

I have one bag in my backpack with advil, lotion, tissues, a file, and hand sanitizer.

I am using the rest of the bags that I have to make little emergency kits for family member's cars. I'll be giving them out as Christmas presents.

My makeup stash is pretty small since I'm just starting out so I don't have a need for all the bags yet!
Welcome!

Back