QOTD 5/31/2013 Quick question: Bikini or one-piece?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Which do you prefer bikini (including tankini or any two-piece swimsuit) or a one-piece?

Bikinis! And I really like what are apparently known as "monokini"- where they're like bikinis, but the top and bottom are still connected by a thin line of cloth.

I love Monokini's! They show off some skin but leave some room for imagination and can range from sexy to flirty to just plain cute!

I have yet to buy a swimsuit.  I would like a tankini or a bikini.  maybe for next year.

Bikini. The smaller the better.
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by BoySarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was invited to a pool party last Saturday so I had to buy a suit.  I ended up with:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/kenneth-cole-reaction-swimsuit-printed-ruffle-skirted-swim-bottom?ID=757836&CategoryID=8699&LinkType=PDPZ1

I felt so naked, but everyone said I looked fine.  Shopping for a suit is never racking!

It's a lovely suit! I personally most prefer wearing a tankini with a good bra insert and a ruffled skirt bottom. I'm more confident with good support and also some midsection coverage. The ruffled skirt is just cute! And, well, a two piece is much more, um, practical :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, than a one piece.

I do a two-piece but wear a crochet or fishnet-y cover-up because my first kid left my tummy, sides, and lower back full of stretchmarks. It keeps my scars disguised and I still look y'know...like I'm not scared to wear a 2 piece lol.

There are some cute one-pieces out there now though. Some that are more daring too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I do a two-piece but wear a crochet or fishnet-y cover-up because my first kid left my tummy, sides, and lower back full of stretchmarks. It keeps my scars disguised and I still look y'know...like I'm not scared to wear a 2 piece lol.

There are some cute one-pieces out there now though. Some that are more daring too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
No stretch marks for me to worry about, but the ruffled skirt is a must for me right now. Yes I saw some really daring suits, but they will have to wait.  Bathing suits are very hard to shop for.

Small hint. Try before you buy. I got a one piece over the net and they were to small. Big mistake. healthychoise.com

Two piece - but I love the retro two-piece look and the monokini's! I just wish that the cut out swimsuits didn't leave you with really funny tans :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back