Do you use Eyebrow make up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've always hated my eyebrows but there seems to be more products around than ever before that enhance the brow, does anyone else use this type of stuff, what do you think of it and does it work?

(The woman in this is quite shouty but sounds like she knows what she's doing)

As a guy I maintain my brows by tweezing the odd stray hairs... As for colour, no. However, brow make-up (on women) is very important as the colour and maintenance helps frame the eyes and face.

I have niether used color or had my brows shaped.  I have tweezed some stray hairs in the center.

These are some of my eyebrow favorites! I feel like eyebrow makeup really does enhance your overall look and make you appear more pulled together. It doesn't take long at all either, so it's easy to add into your daily routine! My top picks: 1. Anastasia Brow Wiz (sooooo worth the money!!! It's my favorite of anything I've tried.) this is normally the one product I always reach for. I was told your eyebrow pencil color should match the lightest shade in your hair color; not sure how true that is, but it works for me! Mine is in the shade, "Medium Ash" 2. Milani EasyBrow - this is a great drugstore product and very similar to the Anastasia one! 3. Elf clear mascara (any brand will do; no need to spend a fortune, inexpensive ones preform just as well as their more pricey counterparts!). I like this to set my look into place 4. ELF brow kit (not pictured). I like this because it has a great wax and a powder side. I apply it with my Real Techniques brow brush, and it looks lovely. This is an awesome kit if you prefer wax/powder vs a pencil!

I don't go crazy plucking my brows but I do pluck them. I really don't think over plucked brows look good on my face. I do fill in my brows with a little Milani brow fix kit I have. 

It's this one: http://www.milanicosmetics.com/p-34-brow-fix.aspx#!prettyPhoto[gallery1]/2/

One quick side note/review.. I purchased an expensive kit from Benefit and really didn't like it. I just thought it was weird to use the wax. Did not look good on me. I really don't use it often. That being said I adore the Milani brow fix kit. I have the medium color kit and it works perfect. I wet the little angled brush that comes with the kit with a little bit of water and then mix the 2 brown brow colors together, then I fill in my brows. 

Here's a little funny story for ya, the other day my husband walked in the bathroom after I took a shower and was getting ready and my face was still wet. He looked at me and said.. "What's wrong with your eyebrows?" I looked in the mirror and hadn't yet filled them in and there was a gap that never grows lol I always fill it in. 

Wet - N - Wild also has a little brow kit.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wet-n-wild-ultimate-brow-kit/ID=prod6013139-product

As does NYX: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=465996&catid=183536&aid=338666&aparam=goobase_filler&device=c&network=g&matchtype=

P.S. Threading HURTS.. it feels like rug burn.

I actually do color in my eyebrows.
I never used to, but I have these little spotty bald areas in between the hairs on my natural brows and it drives me crazy, so I learned how to fill them in and I don't go a day without doing it.
They just look so much better than regular hair, to me.
I have a tutorial video on my website (that I'll be redoing soon now that I have a proper video recorder) on how to do your eyebrows if you'd like to take a look.http://x3meggiex3.blog.com/category/tutorials/hair-tutorials/shaping-your-eyebrows/

Originally Posted by x3meggiex3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually do color in my eyebrows.

I never used to, but I have these little spotty bald areas in between the hairs on my natural brows and it drives me crazy, so I learned how to fill them in and I don't go a day without doing it.

They just look so much better than regular hair, to me.

I have a tutorial video on my website (that I'll be redoing soon now that I have a proper video recorder) on how to do your eyebrows if you'd like to take a look.http://x3meggiex3.blog.com/category/tutorials/hair-tutorials/shaping-your-eyebrows/
Nice video. Very long routine. Do you do that whole process everyday? 

haha! It actually doesn't take me nearly as long. I was having troubles finding a recording software that wouldn't lag my audio so I had temporarily settled with that one and it's backwards. My right is really my left on screen, so I was all discombobulated with my direction.
I'm going to be remaking it soon :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have had my eyebrows shaped recently. I also fill them in some using Milani's eyebrow kit that comes with a few tools for shaping and filling in, a highlighter, and two different shades to fill in with. I really like the kit and would repurchase.

I never used product on my eyebrows till the past few months. I was always scared I'd like look weird or something, but the kit looks very natural.

In this video it shows how to fill in your eyebrows using many different products personally I love fabubrow by Jordanna [VIDEO]

[/VIDEO] Mod Edit - Please embed all videos as per our Terms of Service, thank you!

I have struggled with my brows for a long time, too. I plucked my eyebrows way too much when I was younger, and a few years later, they're finally starting to fill back in. My eyebrows are fairly light and with a full face of makeup almost look nonexistent:/ So I fill in my brows pretty much everyday. I've used powder and pencil forms and for me I prefer pencils. I have oily skin n my hair is thin so it's hard for the powder to stick and stay. I use the NYC pencil in taupe (its super cheap and gets the job done) and set them with a clear brow gel, like the one from Maybelline. If you've never filled in your brows, I recommend using a taupe shade it works for light to dark brows without being so obvious. And if you have full brows I would just fill in the lacking areas. I think filling in your brows just pulls your whole look together and would definitely recommend trying it out! But be gentle, don't go too overboard, use a light hand and you'll be fine. Hope this helps!

I definitely use a pencil to fill in and a tamer to make them lay flat (I inherited my Dad's eyebrows). I think perfecting your eyebrows is the MOST important part of a make-up routine. It frames your face.

I use Wunderbrow and I LOVE it! It is the best eyebrow product I've used. I was one of those people that over plucked when I was younger and this helps me fill them in and they don't look drawn on.

Love, love, love it! Dermstore has another similar product called Smart Brow but I haven't used it yet. I'm really pleased with what I'm using.

I don't, but I probably should. I'm blonde. My eyebrows are light, especially at the outer edges. They're really sun-bleached this Summer. I think they look funny because I can hardly see the outer half of each eyebrow, but the inner half (toward my nose) really stands out because it's darker. It's been bugging me. I've been meaning to buy eyebrow stuff.

Brows are a must for me. Mine are asymmetrical so I have to shape, it's weird bc one is straight across and the other has a high arch. I love Anastasia as well, it's pretty much the brow authority. I do my brows everyday and consider it to be one of the most important parts of my look.

I haven't done anything to my eyebrows except plucking a few strays.  I would like tin brows, but what will that mean in the long run?

This is another thing in the beauty world that I just don't really understand. I have dense and dark eyebrows so I have them threaded about once or twice a month. Outside of that, I brush them down when applying makeup but I don't feel the need to color them darker or elongate the ends. I have purchased a few brow products because I felt like I should be doing something with my brows but, they really just don't get used.

Well, I dont think that you should have to feel like you should fill them in. If theyre dense enough to you, then thats fine. Some people are born with perfect eyebrows (so unfair), but a lot of us arent.. like myself. While I feel like I have a pretty natural arch, they are spotty in some areas and simply not dense enough for me. I think you should be happy that you dont have to fill those babies in, thats just one less thing you have to pay for.

Sephora Cream Eyeliner in Cafe and MUFE Aqua Brow in Blonde. I'm a brunette, and the blonde gives me a great, natural, every day brow. The cream eyeliner works well when I want something a bit darker and more dramatic.

I roll with a thicker, defined brow.

Originally Posted by ashleywasadiver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sephora Cream Eyeliner in Cafe and MUFE Aqua Brow in Blonde. I'm a brunette, and the blonde gives me a great, natural, every day brow. The cream eyeliner works well when I want something a bit darker and more dramatic.

I roll with a thicker, defined brow.
Your brows are gorgeous in your profile pic! :)

Back