Do you use Eyebrow make up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting my eyebrows shaped this weekend..Is trheading the new thing or should I stick with waxing?  I am goinf to get some eyebrow makeup to fill them in. any pencil will do?

Your brows are gorgeous in your profile pic! :)
Thank you so much! BoySarah, threading has been around for ages. Literally! It's an excellent way to get your brows shaped. You can find a good brow pencil by nearly any brand. Prestige and NYX make good, affordable ones. If you're unsure though, you can pick up a brow kit for around 10-12 bucks.

Thank you Ashley.  I didn't know there were brow kits , so i'm going to search online.  I'm new at all this to bear with me.  I need to start wearing makeup, period. 

I did my eyebrows with color once and I couldn't look at myself for the rest of the day I felt weird lol

I use the Revlon Colorstay eyebrow liner in dark brown. It has a fantastic brush at the end and the actual pencil is a bit waxy in texture. That way, when I start using the brush to move the colour through my brows, the waxy texture "sets" my brows in place as well. I haven't been able to find anything better.

I use Anastasia Brow Express but just ordered Smartbrow and can not wait til it gets here.

This is a handy discussion for me to learn from as I have a dear friend with alopecia. As she's new to the whole thing, she has trouble with eyebrows and really doesn't draw them on very well. I've always had very thick eyebrows and really generally don't do anything much with them (some occasional plucking and having them threaded a few times - I'm a bit lazy about that and am adjusted to having them, well, big, though I admire several Latin ladies around me with those dense but perfectly shaped brows), so I don't have the skills to help her much. As a younger woman, this whole adjustment is really rough for her. I'm wondering whether anyone knows to recommend templates for her. I think that might be easier for her, if there is such a thing as a natural-looking plastic eyebrow template you can put on your face to guide a good shape. Any suggestions are welcome!

This is a handy discussion for me to learn from as I have a dear friend with alopecia. As she's new to the whole thing, she has trouble with eyebrows and really doesn't draw them on very well. I've always had very thick eyebrows and really generally don't do anything much with them (some occasional plucking and having them threaded a few times - I'm a bit lazy about that and am adjusted to having them, well, big, though I admire several Latin ladies around me with those dense but perfectly shaped brows), so I don't have the skills to help her much. As a younger woman, this whole adjustment is really rough for her. I'm wondering whether anyone knows to recommend templates for her. I think that might be easier for her, if there is such a thing as a natural-looking plastic eyebrow template you can put on your face to guide a good shape. Any suggestions are welcome!  
I personally like the stencils that come in the Anastasia Brow Express kit. It is a bit pricy but you get five stencils, two colors of brow powder, two highlighters and wax and it lasts a pretty long time.

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would actually say to try not to use a stencil, as it will often make the brows look unnatural. This video is an excellent guide: 

You can also use a compact fan brush with cream liner to create a natural brow, but that would take a bit more practice.

Quote: Originally Posted by ashleywasadiver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would actually say to try not to use a stencil, as it will often make the brows look unnatural. This video is an excellent guide: 

Thanks for the videos; I took a look at them and will send them to her. I think the reason I thought templates/stencils would be better for her is that I've seen some really wonky brows. (One arch a lot higher than the other; one brow entirely a lot lower than the other, etc.) If she had a very clear guideline of where to draw in a textured brow (and not just fill in the template with a solid colour), I thought the placement would be more even and successful, and perhaps how they were coloured in could positively influence how natural they look. If she had an easy strategy for placement appropriate to the face that might work too. I know brows are really unique to the face (and my two are certainly not the same either), but to start, I'd like them to at least be more uniform and even! I'll see what she thinks.

I wonder whether it would help if I worked with her to actually make a custom 'locating' template essentially just with the base lines (as in the second video), where she could place it on her face with markers of where her eyes and nose/ears are, so that the positioning would be easier. Hmm...

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the videos; I took a look at them and will send them to her. I think the reason I thought templates/stencils would be better for her is that I've seen some really wonky brows. (One arch a lot higher than the other; one brow entirely a lot lower than the other, etc.) If she had a very clear guideline of where to draw in a textured brow (and not just fill in the template with a solid colour), I thought the placement would be more even and successful, and perhaps how they were coloured in could positively influence how natural they look. If she had an easy strategy for placement appropriate to the face that might work too. I know brows are really unique to the face (and my two are certainly not the same either), but to start, I'd like them to at least be more uniform and even! I'll see what she thinks.

I wonder whether it would help if I worked with her to actually make a custom 'locating' template essentially just with the base lines (as in the second video), where she could place it on her face with markers of where her eyes and nose/ears are, so that the positioning would be easier. Hmm...

I think starting with a stencil would work, and then eventually, she would just get used to placement. Practice, as they say!

I'm a ginger on this end and have had to draw in my eyebrows for years. I began using a pencil (mary kay light auburn)... Then I've moved onto using an eyeliner brush (flat, not angled) to use eyeshadow for a better color match. It's always so hard to find a natural color for my hair type. Even though my eyebrows are basically invisible, I make sure I get them waxed/plucked regularly so eyeshadows don't get stuck in them and make things look heavy. 

Mom always told me, eyebrows are sisters, not twins. So there will always be some difference between the two. Faces are that way. 

No brows... 

Brows with pencil and eyeshadow. 

I'm a ginger on this end and have had to draw in my eyebrows for years. I began using a pencil (mary kay light auburn)... Then I've moved onto using an eyeliner brush (flat, not angled) to use eyeshadow for a better color match. It's always so hard to find a natural color for my hair type. Even though my eyebrows are basically invisible, I make sure I get them waxed/plucked regularly so eyeshadows don't get stuck in them and make things look heavy.  Mom always told me, eyebrows are sisters, not twins. So there will always be some difference between the two. Faces are that way.  No brows...    Brows with pencil and eyeshadow. 
Wow your brows look awesome in the second pic!

Thanks! I always say a redhead without eyebrows looks like mashed potatoes. The shadows are there, you think you may see a face, but you're not quite certain... also, it's like eyebrows are the non-verbal punctuation of sentences. Without them, so much is lost in communication. 

Though some redheads/no-brows do pull it off quite nicely. 

Back