Victoria Secret Makeup??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an iPhone app that tells me where certain stores have certain deals going on or have introduced new items. Today they featured Victoria's Secret and their makeup. I knew they had some lip glosses and eye liners but now it seems they have quite the variety! I'd love some feedback from anyone who has used some of their things...what's good, what's not. And any comments on their perfumes too? Thanks!

I've only ever tried their lipsticks, but I love them. I had a really beautiful red that was long lasting and wore really evenly. It was probably my absolutely favorite red and I really wish I remembered the color so that I could replace it. My daughter destroyed mine and I didn't live close enough to the mall to want to run out there to get another one.

I have some of their eye shadow. I like it, not sure I would specifically go there to buy it (mine was a gift) but it holds well.

I have a friend who swears by their make up - good deals and all - but she worked there. I have a few blushes from them. It's very powdery and I didn't feel like the color holds up. I just threw it out

I use to work for them. I love love there lipstick one of the best I've tired that doesn't dry out your lips. There primer is one of the best I've used for the price. They always have very pretty eyeshadows that no other company has color wise. Beware they do love their glitter so pretty much 95% of their stuff will have glitter.

I think I am going to have to venture into a Victoria's Secret.  There are couple close to me.  I want to check out thier makeup and clothing.  I hear they do bra fittings as well?

Quote: Originally Posted by BoySarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think I am going to have to venture into a Victoria's Secret.  There are couple close to me.  I want to check out thier makeup and clothing.  I hear they do bra fittings as well?
yeah they do. sometimes they throw in a mini perfume sample if you try on a bra. i don't miss them hounding me for that damn angel's card.

My husband got me a kit last year and I love the eye shadows and blushes that it came with. I use the eye shadows almost every day to work and get compliments all the time. My mom loves their lipsticks.

I used to really like their lipglosses, I haven't bought them in years though. I had one of their colored mascaras years ago and it was ehhh. Eyeshadows were just ok for me. I did like one that was light purple with chunky glitter but wouldn't wear it anymore. YMMV, as with most brands. 

I used their eyeshadows for a long time, I think they are pretty good and their palettes all have really nice choices in them.  I just bought a Hypergloss Eye Shimmer from the VS Pro line and it's really awesome.  Goes on like a cream, its sheer, and totally stays put with zero fallout.  I've always liked their Beauty Rush lip glosses too, just for the scents.  Then again, I did work there for 5 years in college so I might be biased since I got to try so much stuff for free.  I've never been a fan of any of their perfumes though.

I think their makeup is a good value and I really like the packaging, especially in their limited edition lines.  I agree that a lot of stuff has shimmer in it, but I like that, at least for their eye products. 

I liked their primer. Also bought the fall eyeshadow kit which was ok, not too powdery but not very pigmented either. I hated their beauty rush mascara ( it just won't apply on my lashes) and beauty rush pencil eyeshadow scratched my eyeballs out

Lipsticks are amazing,especially the new sheer ones.I love their blushes too. Never tried lipliners, but heard they're really good. My favorite perfume was Gorgeous, but it got discontinued. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really love Angel, and Bombshell. Also, bronzers are great watch Pinksofoxy on YT she has lipliners and bronzer in her favorites. 

Quote: Originally Posted by BoySarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What is the Angels Card?

their credit card to the store that they harass you for at checkout. i had one a few years ago and got rid of it. the parent company behind it (they're also behind the ny&co, and express credit cards too) is horrible.

Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

their credit card to the store that they harass you for at checkout. i had one a few years ago and got rid of it. the parent company behind it (they're also behind the ny&co, and express credit cards too) is horrible.

Just remember, it is the sales associates job - they basically have to harass you about it. Oh the joy of working in retail!

I used to be addicted to their lipglosses and perfume when I was in high school. Nice flavors of lip gloss but I think I remember them being super sticky.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just remember, it is the sales associates job - they basically have to harass you about it. Oh the joy of working in retail!

I used to be addicted to their lipglosses and perfume when I was in high school. Nice flavors of lip gloss but I think I remember them being super sticky.

yup. i know but it's still annoying af. i worked in macy's and i didn't harass people to death. no one is going to change their mind after the 1st no. i haven't been asked for a card in a long time at vsecret but belk tries to hound me and bribe me with free products.  i froze my credit so they won't get me to open up any new accounts, haha.

They have a lot of good perfumes...ones I like are bombshell,bombshell summer, bombshell forever,very sexy touch, love spell, pure seduction @ I can't think of any more at the moment.. They have a lot!

Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yup. i know but it's still annoying af. i worked in macy's and i didn't harass people to death. no one is going to change their mind after the 1st no. i haven't been asked for a card in a long time at vsecret but belk tries to hound me and bribe me with free products.  i froze my credit so they won't get me to open up any new accounts, haha.

I know - retail sucks. I worked at kohls and didn't like to harass people. And because I didn't get enough people to sign up for a credit card, after my first year they only gave me a 20 cent raise & i was of course already just making minimum. 
3.gif

I have a VS card only because it was the only one I could get approved for when I turned 18 to start my credit. I still have it but rarely use it. Only use the freebie coupons and that alone I have enough undies for awhile!! lol.

Back