Anyone on Brand Backer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's a platform that connects brands with bloggers. Bloggers get free products/samples and sometimes payment if they are accepted by a brand for a feature. If there's a brand/item that you are interested in blogging about, you apply to that project and the brand will look over your blog. If they see a fit, you'll get accepted and receive samples/products to blog about.

Right now I got accepted to a lip pencil review from BA STAR. They're sending me samples and a coupon code to post.

Is anyone else on there? 

I am. I recently did a campaign with them. Very professional and, at least in my campaign, the brand communicates directly with you during the process. I love that they often include a discount or GWP code.

My blog is probably too new to get backed by anything, but it never hurts to explore my available resources. Thanks!

I got accepted to review a vitamin C serum! Yay! 

Thanks for encouraging me to apply to some offers @putabowon. I'm glad did. 

I got accepted to review a vitamin C serum! Yay! 

Thanks for encouraging me to apply to some offers @putabowon. I'm glad did. 
I got into this one too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I was a little nervous about the whole shipping reimbursement thing, but I messaged them & they sent me the $$ via PayPal in less than an hour. Mine should be here Monday & I'm super excited to try it! Love skincare stuff. 

I got into this one too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was a little nervous about the whole shipping reimbursement thing, but I messaged them & they sent me the $$ via PayPal in less than an hour. Mine should be here Monday & I'm super excited to try it! Love skincare stuff. 
For some reason they weren't able to refund my shipping (I think they were confused by the way i worded my e-mail) but they said they'd send me ANOTHER serum to make up for the shipping cost so I thought that was pretty cool!

I submitted my blog post for the 1D makeup on Thursday and am still waiting for it to be approved. I've gone ahead and published it since tomorrow is the last day for the campaign.

I'm going to go ahead and submit my content tonight since I planned on posting on Thursday. I do really like this serum though. It's super nice! <3

So also, I got accepted to the Makeup by One Direction campaign, which is great... except for the fact that I know nothing about One Direction! Haha. I didn't think it was totally accessible to get into campaigns if you weren't a very established blog so I kind of just clicked it and forgot I'd even signed up for approval.

I just gave some of their songs a listen to on youtube and, in my opinion, they're much better than I expected, but still pretty generic. They lyrics and sound are a notch above the typical boy-band. I just have a general bias against most boy band-esque musicians these days. They kind of build their whole marketing strategy around benefiting from young girl's low self esteem by singing generalized songs that they can relate to, and drive many of them to unhealthy levels of obsession/infatuation. Like, first comment on the youtube video I watched was "Harry is mine, don't touch him." Which of course broke out into a fight in the comments about which girl who had never met him he belonged to. -sigh-

But sure, I'll take their makeup for free! Haha.

I also got into that one with one direction and I will take free makeup anyday! 

I also am in the Vit C serum and I have been using it -  I love the smell of freshly squeezed orange juice - lol

I also am in the Exuviance one - but not for the Exuviance Illumination Duo - they ran out of that and are sending me the Exuviance Performance Peel AP25 treatment, which they say will take 3-4 weeks to get to me.    Which is a long time, I think.  Brandbacker states that I should let them know in 7 days if I haven't gotten it, so I might do that so they don't think I am ignoring the campaign.

I got into the One Direction campaign, too!  *So* not their target demographic, but, yeah, free makeup!  I'll take it! 

(My mom was into the boy bands of the late '90s/early '00s, like 'N Sync, Backstreet Boys, and 98 Degrees.  She was fifty.  She raised me on folk music, psychedelia, and rock.  I have no idea where her fondness for that stuff came from, but, damn, it can be freakishly catchy.  In related news, I somehow have an early 'N Sync video on my computer, and it just popped up iTunes about half an hour ago, and, yeesh, the things stylists do to groups.  It's kind of tragic.)

@@meaganola Oh no, don't get me wrong. I love me some 'N Sync and Backstreet boys, and I will jam to Justin Timberlake until the end of time. But I just liked their music, I never got into the whole "I'm going to marry Justin Timberlake" thing. Though, I can't say I'd turn him down if he approached me for a date. I mean, he did bring sexy back.  :laughno:

I just hate the whole preying on insecure young ladies marketing scheme. I mean, these girls will buy anything with Justin Beiber or One Direction on it because they are 13 and convinced they are in love with one of them. This makeup is just a part of that. I don't imagine I could say that on my review though, huh? lol

I will just stick to reviewing the makeup fairly and honestly without talking about my personal feelings on the band. I'm really hoping I don't get the tin with blue eye shadow. I hate blue eyeshadow, so it would be in their best interest to send me the neutral looking one.

@@biancardi Same here on the Exuviance. I am excited to try the peel though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back