Anyone on Brand Backer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The blue shadow is horrible. Paired with grays, blacks or browns it works out but as a kit... it was bleh.

@pokeballssohard  Oops, I wasn't replying to you!  I was just rambling about my own connection to boy bands.  (And I'll take the blue eyeshadow!  If it makes your eyes bleed, it's my kind of color!)  They're something I associate as Never Meant for Me:  I'm too old for the boy bands of the past twenty years, and I was too much of a music snob for New Kids on the Block (the boy band from my high school days.  I was all about Frank Zappa, the Doors, and Branford Marsalis, of all artists to obsess over in the '80s).

Maybe it's just my own stance on marriage (NEVER EVER EVER), but I've never interpreted these groups and ad campaigns as playing to insecurities.  It's just a matter of trying to collect everything with that brand attached.  It's why fandom stuff is so popular:  I don't want to marry the Doctor (although all the storage space in the TARDIS must be pretty sweet), but I will buy all of the eyeshadow and nail polish I can find based on _Doctor Who_.

I will just stick to reviewing the makeup fairly and honestly without talking about my personal feelings on the band. I'm really hoping I don't get the tin with blue eye shadow. I hate blue eyeshadow, so it would be in their best interest to send me the neutral looking one.
I got into this one as well and am also hoping I don't get the one with the blue shadow. It just looks so terrible and is not something I would normally wear. 

Similar to BrandBacker, is anyone using Tomoson? There seem to be more available options on that site. So far, I've been given a facial sponge, cleansing oil, and a moisturizer for review. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@@msambrosia I'll definitely have to check that out! I need companies to throw more free stuff at me haha.

So, I got the Exuviance peel today and I'm not exactly sure what it is? Like, is this an at home chemical peel? I've never used anything like this.

2eg7a77.jpg

It has an activator pad and neutralizer pad. I'm interested, but also a little apprehensive. 

@@msambrosia I'll definitely have to check that out! I need companies to throw more free stuff at me haha.

So, I got the Exuviance peel today and I'm not exactly sure what it is? Like, is this an at home chemical peel? I've never used anything like this.

2eg7a77.jpg

It has an activator pad and neutralizer pad. I'm interested, but also a little apprehensive. 
I got mine as well.  And I feel like you do.  I am going to try it initially on my forehead - I have bangs, so I can hide any redness or something.  I am going to try this tonight.

I got my One Direction kit today.  I realized I was actually surprised that it did in fact show up!  It turned out to be the yellow one -- Take Me Home -- although it's not YELLOW MAKEUP.  The photo is fortunately not representative of what I received.  It's so hot that I can't deal with lipstick right now because it basically melts with any sort of pressure (it's not just this lipstick.  It's *any* lipstick), though, so I'm just going to set everything aside until this weekend, when it's supposed to be much cooler.

(And, yay, the tin won't make visitors look at it and say, "Uh, One Direction, Meagan?"  Because I *will* use it.  I just don't know for what yet.  I love boxes!)

Back