Sign in to follow this  
evildrporkchop

Sample Society November 2013 (Spoilers!)

Wish I was that talented!   Just picked one of the avatar choices.  And...I read the shipping wrong,  I won't get my box until next week.  Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite2nite View Post

Wish I was that talented!   Just picked one of the avatar choices.  And...I read the shipping wrong,  I won't get my box until next week.  Sigh.

Awww, I'm sorry.  I'll share what comes in my Kit B tomorrow, if I actually get it tomorrow.  Shipping on all my sub boxes is so wonky.  :)

What area of the country are you in?  Maybe that has some influence over delivery dates or shipping times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelshine View Post

I'm supposed to get mine on Thursday #impatient!! Can't wait to smell the candle :)

Hahaha me too!!  I think it's so weird that I am excited about the beauty box I'm getting mostly because I want to smell the candle.

Hi everybody, I'm new to this site, this is my first posting.

I just rejoined Sample Society this past month and my first box is the November box. Has anybody had problems yet? My dashboard hasn't updated yet it says I'm getting Kit C and it also says that the box shipped and would arrive on Monday, Nov. 4th, which was yesterday. Haven't gotten it yet. Have of any of you had the same problem or know what might be going on? Is the website correct or are they having problems?

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenpans View Post

Hi everybody, I'm new to this site, this is my first posting.

I just rejoined Sample Society this past month and my first box is the November box. Has anybody had problems yet? My dashboard hasn't updated yet it says I'm getting Kit C and it also says that the box shipped and would arrive on Monday, Nov. 4th, which was yesterday. Haven't gotten it yet. Have of any of you had the same problem or know what might be going on? Is the website correct or are they having problems?

November will be my first box and I'm getting Kit B, mine also says I should of gotten it yesterday and I haven't.  I'm guessing it's just a mistake.  They were suppose to start shipping yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annifer View Post

November will be my first box and I'm getting Kit B, mine also says I should of gotten it yesterday and I haven't.  I'm guessing it's just a mistake.  They were suppose to start shipping yesterday.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what is going on with their shipping estimates.  Mine originally said that delivery was scheduled on November 4th.  I was excited all weekend about it.  Then yesterday, it changed to read that it was scheduled for delivery on November 5th.  I figured, okay, it's a day off, I'll live.  Toady, the page showed a UPS tracking number instead of an estimated delivery date.  When I tracked it, it showed that it was mailed today.  I think their shipping information is just a little messed up.  Oh well, it's my first month and, frankly, I think I was more annoyed at the fact that my October Glossybox didn't arrive until November than I am about getting my November Sample Society box a few days later than I thought I would. :)

It doesn't hurt that Sephora actually had an amazing free gift with purchase and I just received that plus some pretty great deluxe samples (except for the powdered foundation and the Too Faced tinted face balm, both of which they sent in medium which will be MUCH too dark for my pale wintry white skin) I spent my Beauty Insider points on as well as the Beauty Insider birthday gift which, all things considered, wound up being like a super mega box compared to most of my current subs.

My kit B was shipped earlier today but they still haven't updated my dashboard :(

My Dashboard finally updated for Kit B!

• Borghese Splendore Brightening Makeup Deluxe Sample-SS

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

•  
  • Murad Hydro Dynamic Moisturizer Deluxe Sample

Kit B shipped and I'm so excited, I may be buying some full sizes of these samples. I'm actually still debating buying the IPKN BB cream from last month, maybe when I run out of my current tinted moisturizer I will.

I'm excited for Kit B. I could always use more lip balm. I have some samples coming in the mail from Murad, so I hope it's a different product than what I'm getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittann View Post

• Borghese Splendore Brightening Makeup Deluxe Sample-SS

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

•  

So the only difference, I think, is the Murad sample! I believe Kit A is getting a pore minimizer or something? 

• Borghese Splendore Brightening Makeup Deluxe Sample-SS Love it? Hate it? Rate it

•  

• mur-121_small2a.jpg

I'm also getting Kit B and when I saw that my dashboard had updated this morning I was super happy. I think I am gunna love everything in this awesome box. I've never heard of this perfume before but when I looked at the notes it's exactly the stuff I like. This is only my 3rd month with Sample Society but it's gunna be my best box yet.

My Kit C dash has updated. Same as B except no Annick Goutal. It has a sample of Phyto Phytonectar Oil instead. I'm not a fan of Eau d'Hadrien myself (too green for me), so I'm OK with this difference. Looking forward to the candle, lip balm and Murad. Not really interested in foundation, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennm149 View Post

My Kit C dash has updated. Same as B except no Annick Goutal. It has a sample of Phyto Phytonectar Oil instead. I'm not a fan of Eau d'Hadrien myself (too green for me), so I'm OK with this difference. Looking forward to the candle, lip balm and Murad. Not really interested in foundation, though.

Looks like it's more of a highlighter than foundation, but regardless, the item I am least excited for :P Would have loved a deluxe lippie of sorts instead!

Joined SS after getting a free box code! This is my first month and I am super excited! Kit A here, and it should get to me on Thursday!!

This will be my first month with SS and I'm getting Kit B. I'm not excited about anything except the candle tbh. I will probably give it one more month to give it a fair chance but this is very underwhelming for my first box :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumplant View Post

This will be my first month with SS and I'm getting Kit B. I'm not excited about anything except the candle tbh. I will probably give it one more month to give it a fair chance but this is very underwhelming for my first box frown.gif

Can I ask why?  I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, I am just honestly curious.  You don't have your box yet, so how can you be certain you'll dislike the products included?  It's my first month too and I can understand that there have been some really amazing boxes in the past that I have seen reviewed online.  However, I kind of went into this thing with the idea that it's $15 a month.  For that, I can't expect mind blowing boxes worth $50+ every month.  I think that Kit B, no matter how you cut it, is absolutely worth more than what was paid for it (the candle all by itself is $9.50 at Nordies).  The mind blowing boxes are thrown in here and there to keep people excited about the product, but I just don't understand how this box is so underwhelming.

I'll admit that I'm not thrilled about the perfume sample (I can get those by the bag full every time I go to Sephora, really), but, outside of that, there are some really expensive, lovely products that are being included.  The whole idea behind the box is to open up people to new products that they might never have bought for themselves before.  If you're looking into this like it's Christmas every month, I think the boxes will turn out to be disappointments a lot more often.  I just don't understand, if you're looking at this as a way to try new products that you might not have otherwise thought about using, I think you can be happy every month and super thrilled on the odd months that the boxes ARE mind blowing.

***Can I ask why?  I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, I am just honestly curious.  You don't have your box yet, so how can you be certain you'll dislike the products included?  It's my first month too and I can understand that there have been some really amazing boxes in the past that I have seen reviewed online.  However, I kind of went into this thing with the idea that it's $15 a month.  For that, I can't expect mind blowing boxes worth $50+ every month.  I think that Kit B, no matter how you cut it, is absolutely worth more than what was paid for it (the candle all by itself is $9.50 at Nordies).  The mind blowing boxes are thrown in here and there to keep people excited about the product, but I just don't understand how this box is so underwhelming. I'll admit that I'm not thrilled about the perfume sample (I can get those by the bag full every time I go to Sephora, really)*** I think you just hit on a big reason a lot of people might have their gripes before actually getting their boxes. I like perfume myself, but a lot of people are allergic and outside of some very expensive niche brands it's often pretty easy (and free) to get a sample vial. Also, it seems like there's a lot of product repeat--I don't mean brands so much or the same shampoo sample over and over, I mean things like mascara, no matter the brand, several months running--I myself have not bought mascara in over two years because I've received so many in subscriptions or gifts with purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflopolska View Post

I think you just hit on a big reason a lot of people might have their gripes before actually getting their boxes. I like perfume myself, but a lot of people are allergic and outside of some very expensive niche brands it's often pretty easy (and free) to get a sample vial. Also, it seems like there's a lot of product repeat--I don't mean brands so much or the same shampoo sample over and over, I mean things like mascara, no matter the brand, several months running--I myself have not bought mascara in over two years because I've received so many in subscriptions or gifts with purchase.

I can understand that, which is why I was trying to ask what the issue was, really, that made the box unimpressive.  I can see, after half a year or a year needing to take a break if there are repeat products, but my question was more about a new subscriber and what would be expected by one.  She had mentioned that this was her first box, so I was curious.  Like I said, I agree that perfume samples are a bit of a slap in the face (I can get the same smells from the little ads in Vogue every month), but, outside of that, I looked at what's in box B and was rather impressed.  That might change when the box is actually received, if there are a lot of foil packet samples, but right now, we don't even know what exactly will be in there, size wise, and there are already complaints.

Again, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk because it's no skin off my teeth...I don't own a beauty company and I make no money off these boxes.  I'm just trying to understand what the expectations are and why this box seems so blah to her (or anyone else really).

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumplant View Post

This will be my first month with SS and I'm getting Kit B. I'm not excited about anything except the candle tbh. I will probably give it one more month to give it a fair chance but this is very underwhelming for my first box frown.gif

It just goes to show the difference in preferences; I'm also getting Kit B and I think it looks fantastic!  But that's because the items being sent are the kind of things I like to receive.  I agree that the little perfume samples and not worth much and can easily be obtained for free, but even if that were not in my box I'd still be happy with this selection :)

I actually love getting perfume samples in my box because SS usually has unique brands that I can't get locally. I've fallen in love with some of the Diptyque perfumes that were in my SS box that I would have never been able (or thought) to sample otherwise. I live in a smaller town so even perfumes are harder to come by so I love getting them in my subs.

Can I ask why?  I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, I am just honestly curious.  You don't have your box yet, so how can you be certain you'll dislike the products included?  It's my first month too and I can understand that there have been some really amazing boxes in the past that I have seen reviewed online.  However, I kind of went into this thing with the idea that it's $15 a month.  For that, I can't expect mind blowing boxes worth $50+ every month.  I think that Kit B, no matter how you cut it, is absolutely worth more than what was paid for it (the candle all by itself is $9.50 at Nordies).  The mind blowing boxes are thrown in here and there to keep people excited about the product, but I just don't understand how this box is so underwhelming. I'll admit that I'm not thrilled about the perfume sample (I can get those by the bag full every time I go to Sephora, really), but, outside of that, there are some really expensive, lovely products that are being included.  The whole idea behind the box is to open up people to new products that they might never have bought for themselves before.  If you're looking into this like it's Christmas every month, I think the boxes will turn out to be disappointments a lot more often.  I just don't understand, if you're looking at this as a way to try new products that you might not have otherwise thought about using, I think you can be happy every month and super thrilled on the odd months that the boxes ARE mind blowing.
To clarify, this is my first SS box, not my first subscription box, I subscribe to a lot of different beauty boxes so I understand and don't expect to be 100% pleased with every box. I'm underwhelmed with this particular box because I'm not a fan of Borghese or Murad (really dislike Murad), the Jane Iredale doesn't really excite me and I don't really care either way about perfume samples. There's no real "wow" item for me in this box and since it is my first month with SS, I'm disappointed. That being said, everyone has different hot buttons when it comes to their beauty boxes, so even though kit b probably pleases most people, theres nothing in it I would have chosen for myself.