Sign in to follow this  
boxesandboxes

Limited Edition Birchbox Home: Snow Day

Limited Edition Birchbox Home: Snow Day

• $39.00 includes Free Shipping

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/lte-snow-day'>http://www.birchbox.com/shop/lte-snow-day

Birchbox Breakdown

When the weather outside is frightful (and even when it’s not), this box has all of the essentials to keep you feeling cozy, pampered, and, we’ll admit, a wee bit nostalgic for your snowsuit days. So go ahead—slip on some comfy socks, break out the board games, and thank goodness for central heating. A $105 value!

How it Works

This box is brimming with crowd-pleasing treats to last you all season. A pair of ultrasoft Combed Cotton Socks from Swedish designer Happy Socks® will keep your tootsies warm and spirits high. Rustle up some hot cocoa with Askinosie Chocolate®’s Single Origin Cocoa Powder, and be sure to top it off with Three Tarts’ delicious cinnamon Gourmet Marshmallows. JONATHAN ADLER’s extralong Fireplace Matches are perfect for a hearth but work just as well on (MALIN+GOETZ)’s richly scented votive candle. Grab a buddy and settle in for a little friendly competition with the Scrabble® Birchbox Edition Mini Game Set. We’ve also included a roster of restorative skincare, from Chantecaille’s gentle Flower Infused Cleansing Milk and Jasmine & Lily Healing Mask to Mox Botanicals’ silky Body Soak and L'OCCITANE’s Shea Butter Hand Cream. And we didn’t forget about your lips—S.W. Basics’ Organic Lip Balm keeps them chap-free both at home...and when you finally venture outdoors.
This is the first thread that I created so I hope that I did this correctly. Just happened upon this Limited Edition Box.

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/lte-snow-day

Just ordered this yesterday after telling myself I didn't need anything in it! I'm excited for it to get here, I love the home boxes! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenyfish View Post

Just ordered this yesterday after telling myself I didn't need anything in it! I'm excited for it to get here, I love the home boxes! 

Fun!  The Scrabble looks super fun.  The socks cozy. The matches are adorable.  

I just got mine and I got the two variations I wanted on the lip balm and candle, I'm so pleased! If anyone has a cannabis candle they don't want, please let me know...I love it!

I purchased this box as a gift for my mother, and I know that she is going to love it! I thought the packaging was beautiful.

The only downside is I got the Cannabis candle, which I know she is going to hate. It isn't the smell--it is actually quite nice--but as a former D.A.R.E. police officer I just know she will not be impressed. If anyone would like to trade their Rum candle for my Cannabis, let me know.

I'm a little disappointed with my Snow Day box. I didn't get the variation I wanted (M+G rum candle and peppermint lip balm). No pretty tinsel packing material and one of the Chantecaille samples was replaced. It's inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but small things like that bug me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildrporkchop View Post

I'm a little disappointed with my Snow Day box. I didn't get the variation I wanted (M+G rum candle and peppermint lip balm). No pretty tinsel packing material and one of the Chantecaille samples was replaced. It's inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but small things like that bug me.

That's odd that the advertised products weren't what you ended up receiving.  Sorry to hear that!  Which Chantecaille item did they replace, and what was the replacement item you received in its place? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildrporkchop View Post

This happened to me too, I received two cleansers but no mask. I really wanted to try the mask, it was the main reason I bought the box. Also, the top of my box looked like someone stepped on it but the outer packaging had not been damaged. I am a little disappointed with this box, usually the LE Home boxes are so wonderful.

I just got my Snow day box, and thought oh no I got two cleansers too. When I looked it is one of each. Apparently they changed the mask container. 

I think I like the box though except the matches. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them :confused: 

I just got my Snow Day box today! I got one of the masks-which I'm happy about, but that stinks for the other people who received two cleansers. But I got the cinnamon chapstick and Cannabis candle--I was really hoping to get the peppermint chapstick and the Rum candle-but oh well, it will be fun trading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s112095 View Post

I just got my Snow day box, and thought oh no I got two cleansers too. When I looked it is one of each. Apparently they changed the mask container. 

I think I like the box though except the matches. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them :confused: 

Use them for candles! I know they are meant for fireplaces, but they serve the same purpose. The container can be reused as well. It'll look cute on your nightstand. :)

I received my box today and I love everything except the candle. I got cannibis and while it doesn't smell like cannibis, it is too potent for me. I'm am prone to migraines and it's giving me a headache without even taking it out of the container. I'd love to trade for Dark Rum. I also wouldn't mind trading for a different print of the socks as well. What types of variations in the socks did everyone get?

I received my box! 

Although the packaging looks different, I did receive the cleanser and the mask. I love face masks so I'm looking forward to trying it! I received the Cannabis candle, which just smells manly so I gave it to my bf. I'm really happy with everything and can't wait to try those marshmallows tonight! 

The box felt sloppy to me...like they started to run out of the shredded paper for the packaging. Everything was just tossed in a box.  I was going to give it to a friend, but the Cannabis candle and the hideous purple and black zebra socks makes it too juvenile for her. Samples of the very tiny mask and cleaner were on a smashed package, not as nice as previous LE boxes...glad I only ordered one with a coupon and points!

Recieved my box yesterday - overall pretty pleased. We got the cannabis candle and the peppermint lip balm - I wish we had gotten dark rum, but cannabis doesn't smell that bad. I don't think the box is worth the $39 they're charging, but it is more than worth the $5 I got it for! 

I have been waffling on purchasing this, but I just bought it using the mobile20 code and 200 points.  I also added the Tocca hand cream 3-pack, a 100% Pure body cream, and a mystery pick-2.  The total came out to $39.20, so it is like I got all the other stuff for free!  There are only a few things I am interested in from the Snow Day box, but I figure I can use the rest for stocking stuffer gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Mac View Post

I received my box! 

Although the packaging looks different, I did receive the cleanser and the mask. I love face masks so I'm looking forward to trying it! I received the Cannabis candle, which just smells manly so I gave it to my bf. I'm really happy with everything and can't wait to try those marshmallows tonight! 

Thanks for posting a photo!  This helped me make up my mind :)

Has anyone who ordered this tried the marshmallows and cocoa yet?  I'm thinking about placing an order for these and am interested in your thoughts!

I only looked through my box briefly to check for damage, as I'm saving it for later. I got the cannabis candle, which smells much better than expected. Not sure what lip balm, but I don't care either way. I got these socks, which are really cute and probably my favourites of the ones I've seen. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniney View Post

Has anyone who ordered this tried the marshmallows and cocoa yet?  I'm thinking about placing an order for these and am interested in your thoughts!

The marshmallows are delicious but I haven't tried to the cocoa (I don't like marshmallows in cocoa).

I got the cannabis candle and like the scent but I still think it's a little weird that cannabis and dark rum were the 2 scents chosen for this box, haha. I also got the peppermint balm and would rather have the cinnamon so I may trade that. All in all I am happy with this purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetharlot View Post

The marshmallows are delicious but I haven't tried to the cocoa (I don't like marshmallows in cocoa).

I got the cannabis candle and like the scent but I still think it's a little weird that cannabis and dark rum were the 2 scents chosen for this box, haha. I also got the peppermint balm and would rather have the cinnamon so I may trade that. All in all I am happy with this purchase.

Thanks! I've never had "fancy" marshmallows, just regular supermarket ones and I love marshmallows so I'm thinking I should try the "real thing."

Regarding the candle, I guess on a snow day you're trapped inside and aren't driving, might as well indulge... joint.gif:beer: LOL

I've never ordered from Birchbox before, but I ordered this box... is their shipping usually horribly slow?  The last time the status was updated was a week ago:

Date Time Description Location
11/14/2013 04:14 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037
11/14/2013 03:56 PM Electronic Information Received by USPS  
11/14/2013 03:56 PM Electronic Information Sent to USPS Fishers, IN 46037
11/14/2013 01:21 AM Arrived at Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037
11/13/2013 04:51 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Elizabeth, NJ 07206
11/13/2013 08:08 AM Inducted into Newgistics Network Elizabeth, NJ 07206
11/13/2013 12:07 AM Shipped from Client Cranbury, NJ 08512

I've never ordered from Birchbox before, but I ordered this box... is their shipping usually horribly slow?  The last time the status was updated was a week ago:
I have a bad feeling about that, you may want to shoot BB an email. Slow yes, it seems to stop in every single tiny state on its way when I order from them, but I have never seen such a delay in updating. Many stops usually means many scans/updates.