Limited Edition Birchbox Home: Snow Day

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only looked through my box briefly to check for damage, as I'm saving it for later. I got the cannabis candle, which smells much better than expected. Not sure what lip balm, but I don't care either way. I got these socks, which are really cute and probably my favourites of the ones I've seen. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone who ordered this tried the marshmallows and cocoa yet?  I'm thinking about placing an order for these and am interested in your thoughts!

The marshmallows are delicious but I haven't tried to the cocoa (I don't like marshmallows in cocoa).

I got the cannabis candle and like the scent but I still think it's a little weird that cannabis and dark rum were the 2 scents chosen for this box, haha. I also got the peppermint balm and would rather have the cinnamon so I may trade that. All in all I am happy with this purchase.

Quote: Originally Posted by sweetharlot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The marshmallows are delicious but I haven't tried to the cocoa (I don't like marshmallows in cocoa).

I got the cannabis candle and like the scent but I still think it's a little weird that cannabis and dark rum were the 2 scents chosen for this box, haha. I also got the peppermint balm and would rather have the cinnamon so I may trade that. All in all I am happy with this purchase.

Thanks! I've never had "fancy" marshmallows, just regular supermarket ones and I love marshmallows so I'm thinking I should try the "real thing."

Regarding the candle, I guess on a snow day you're trapped inside and aren't driving, might as well indulge... 
joint.gif
beer.gif
 LOL

I've never ordered from Birchbox before, but I ordered this box... is their shipping usually horribly slow?  The last time the status was updated was a week ago:

Date Time Description Location 11/14/2013 04:14 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037 11/14/2013 03:56 PM Electronic Information Received by USPS   11/14/2013 03:56 PM Electronic Information Sent to USPS Fishers, IN 46037 11/14/2013 01:21 AM Arrived at Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037 11/13/2013 04:51 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Elizabeth, NJ 07206 11/13/2013 08:08 AM Inducted into Newgistics Network Elizabeth, NJ 07206 11/13/2013 12:07 AM Shipped from Client Cranbury, NJ 08512

I've never ordered from Birchbox before, but I ordered this box... is their shipping usually horribly slow?  The last time the status was updated was a week ago:
I have a bad feeling about that, you may want to shoot BB an email. Slow yes, it seems to stop in every single tiny state on its way when I order from them, but I have never seen such a delay in updating. Many stops usually means many scans/updates.

Quote: Originally Posted by Yeti /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a bad feeling about that, you may want to shoot BB an email. Slow yes, it seems to stop in every single tiny state on its way when I order from them, but I have never seen such a delay in updating. Many stops usually means many scans/updates.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of... I sent them an email, hopefully they will help me get my box!

I only looked through my box briefly to check for damage, as I'm saving it for later. I got the cannabis candle, which smells much better than expected. Not sure what lip balm, but I don't care either way. I got these socks, which are really cute and probably my favourites of the ones I've seen. 
these are the socks I got too, I like them the most out of the ones I've seen!

love this box .i got the purple argyle-y socks. i can't wait to make hot chocolate with the cocoa.i split a marshmallow with my daughter and my jaw nearly locked up from the sweetness but they were tasty and delightfully cinnamony.love the fireplace matches, the cannabis candle smells decidedly manly and not at all bud-y (boo), scrabble-oh hell yes!everyone i know knows i won a spelling bee in 3rd grade and i will dominate.
whipping.gif
haha!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The marshmallows are delicious.

Is it just me, or does it seem like very few people got the dark rum candle?
I contacted Birchbox since the Cannabis candle was giving me headaches without even opening it and they are sending me the dark rum instead! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the same socks although I would have preferred the purple dot ones. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The marshmallows are delicious.

Is it just me, or does it seem like very few people got the dark rum candle?

I ordered 3 Snow Day boxes (1 for myself and 2 for gifting) and I checked, all 3 had the cannabis candle... they were ordered at different times too, so it's not like they were all sitting together which is why they were the same.  I love the smell of the cannabis one though, so no complaints here.

I also may or may not have ordered full sizes of the marshmallows in all 3 flavors.  OMG, so good.  Now I want to try making my own! 

Back