tweakabell

Face Off! High end vs Low end!

This was an idea taken from the thread about if you can tell if others are wearing cheap makeup.

1) They are not close ups, hopefully you're not getting into someone's face to determine the price of their makeup.

2) Both looks took under 20 minutes, neither look had more time spent perfecting then the other

3) You will get 3 pics of each face, in the same lighting.

4) I used no primers

Let's go!

Products used: Mascara, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Lip color, Foundation, Blush

A)

B)

Feel free to place your guesses and your own face offs!

I totally cannot tell the difference, you look great in both, but I am going to guess B is the high end.

I like the blush and lip color from A. @beautybybrett is right in saying they look more pigmented, but I like the eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow from B best. 

I would love to post a faceoff, but am not sure I have enough high end make up. What is the definition of high end? Price? Name? Is it anything that I cannot buy in a drugstore?

I'm gonna vote A for high end based on the fact that your lipstick in that one looks more matte, but not dry, which can be hard to find in drugstore stuff...looking forward to seeing if I'm right! Cute idea!

I think A is high end.  I think its easier to tell high end vs low end products when you're using them, not based on what others look like though. How they feel on the skin and blendability are the biggest issues for me.

I'll give it out tomorrow probably, give everyone a chance to play. I'll also include the list of products and prices.

I vote for A as high end :) I'm so curious now though! You look great in both of them!

Eek, I don't know. My gut says A is high end because it's all just a little more matte and I think of drugstore makeup as more shimmery. But Too Faced is super shimmery all the time. I don't know!

I think I'm going to stick with my first impression and guess A is the high end look, but it really doesn't matter since they're both gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSquared View Post

I'm gonna vote A for high end based on the fact that your lipstick in that one looks more matte, but not dry, which can be hard to find in drugstore stuff...looking forward to seeing if I'm right! Cute idea!

I think A is the expensive (so-called high-end) products, but only because of the lip. If both lips were glossy I wouldn't be able to tell. I prefer A, so I'm hoping it's the reasonably priced (low-end) products.

I think A is the high end, as well.  The eye shadows in B don't look like they blended together quite as smoothly as high end shadows usually do.

I have to say that looking at the pics the lips are the biggest giveaway to me, which is understandable because I bought that lippy to try and dupe the other and I hate it lol. Any eyeshadow issue is actually probably user error lol.

Product list:

High End:

• Foundation:Tarte Colored Clay Liquid Foundation  Cost: $40 (this may change, it's a new release, I got mine in a kit before it was priced)
  • Blush: Darker blush in the Anarchy Face Case  Cost: I'm not even sure how to price this? Going to say approx $17 I think that's a generous price to buy it on its own
  • Eyeshadow: theBalm Nude 'Tude eyeshadow palette  Cost: $36
  • Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 liner   Cost: $20
  • Lips: Hourglass Opaque Liquid Lipstick   Cost: $28
  • Mascara: Too Faced LASHgasm  Cost: $21

Total cost: Approx. $162 Retail

High End Faves: Foundation and lips 

Low End:

• Foundation: e.l.f. Flawless Foundation   Cost: $6
  • Blush: Ulta Cheek Color   Cost: $7
  • Eyeshadow: e.l.f. Studio Prism Eyeshadow   Cost: $10
  • Eyeliner: Rimmel London ScandalEyes  Kohl Eyeliner    Cost: $4.50
  • Lips: NYX Xtreme Lip Cream   Cost: $6
  • Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara  Cost: $9

Total Cost: $42.50 Retail

Low End Faves: Blush, Eyeshadow, and Mascara

The high end was A. I have to say though, looking at them/ using the products in person that on a normal day, a normal glance at somebody (other than the lips but I don't even wear that color out of the house) it isn't as obvious as some people might think. My complaint would be the E.L.F kept seeping into my face but a good primer would probably stop that, I'd also use powder with it as it's a bit shiny.

Next time (if you wanna play again) I think I will go more for texture than color matching on the lips and shiny will never be the give away lol, I love sparkles high end or low end. I also think it would be easier to do one product at a time.

• Like 1