Face Off! High end vs Low end!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eek, I don't know. My gut says A is high end because it's all just a little more matte and I think of drugstore makeup as more shimmery. But Too Faced is super shimmery all the time. I don't know!

I think I'm going to stick with my first impression and guess A is the high end look, but it really doesn't matter since they're both gorgeous!

Quote:Originally Posted by BSquared /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm gonna vote A for high end based on the fact that your lipstick in that one looks more matte, but not dry, which can be hard to find in drugstore stuff...looking forward to seeing if I'm right! Cute idea!

I think A is the expensive (so-called high-end) products, but only because of the lip. If both lips were glossy I wouldn't be able to tell. I prefer A, so I'm hoping it's the reasonably priced (low-end) products.

I think A is the high end, as well.  The eye shadows in B don't look like they blended together quite as smoothly as high end shadows usually do.

I have to say that looking at the pics the lips are the biggest giveaway to me, which is understandable because I bought that lippy to try and dupe the other and I hate it lol. Any eyeshadow issue is actually probably user error lol.

Product list:

High End:

• Foundation:Tarte Colored Clay Liquid Foundation  Cost: $40 (this may change, it's a new release, I got mine in a kit before it was priced)
  • Blush: Darker blush in the Anarchy Face Case  Cost: I'm not even sure how to price this? Going to say approx $17 I think that's a generous price to buy it on its own
  • Eyeshadow: theBalm Nude 'Tude eyeshadow palette  Cost: $36
  • Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 liner   Cost: $20
  • Lips: Hourglass Opaque Liquid Lipstick   Cost: $28
  • Mascara: Too Faced LASHgasm  Cost: $21
      Total cost: Approx. $162 Retail

High End Faves: Foundation and lips 

Low End:

• Foundation: e.l.f. Flawless Foundation   Cost: $6
  • Blush: Ulta Cheek Color   Cost: $7
  • Eyeshadow: e.l.f. Studio Prism Eyeshadow   Cost: $10
  • Eyeliner: Rimmel London ScandalEyes  Kohl Eyeliner    Cost: $4.50
  • Lips: NYX Xtreme Lip Cream   Cost: $6
  • Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara  Cost: $9
       Total Cost: $42.50 Retail

Low End Faves: Blush, Eyeshadow, and Mascara

The high end was A. I have to say though, looking at them/ using the products in person that on a normal day, a normal glance at somebody (other than the lips but I don't even wear that color out of the house) it isn't as obvious as some people might think. My complaint would be the E.L.F kept seeping into my face but a good primer would probably stop that, I'd also use powder with it as it's a bit shiny.

Next time (if you wanna play again) I think I will go more for texture than color matching on the lips and shiny will never be the give away lol, I love sparkles high end or low end. I also think it would be easier to do one product at a time.

Yay! I got it right, too. I totally want to do this (as I was the one who suggested it in that other thread
rolleyes.gif
)! But I don't know if I own enough high-end face products to complete comparable looks. I'll have to raid my boxes and boxes of stuff I got from subs to find some things (namely foundation, concealer, bronzer, and any lipstick in a shade that would match something I'd actually wear...I have crap luck with getting all the high-end lipsticks in colors I hate from those boxes).

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have to say that looking at the pics the lips are the biggest giveaway to me, which is understandable because I bought that lippy to try and dupe the other and I hate it lol. Any eyeshadow issue is actually probably user error lol.

Product list:

High End:

• Foundation:Tarte Colored Clay Liquid Foundation  Cost: $40 (this may change, it's a new release, I got mine in a kit before it was priced)
  • Blush: Darker blush in the Anarchy Face Case  Cost: I'm not even sure how to price this? Going to say approx $17 I think that's a generous price to buy it on its own
  • Eyeshadow: theBalm Nude 'Tude eyeshadow palette  Cost: $36
  • Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 liner   Cost: $20
  • Lips: Hourglass Opaque Liquid Lipstick   Cost: $28
  • Mascara: Too Faced LASHgasm  Cost: $21
      Total cost: Approx. $162 Retail

High End Faves: Foundation and lips 

Low End:

• Foundation: e.l.f. Flawless Foundation   Cost: $6
  • Blush: Ulta Cheek Color   Cost: $7
  • Eyeshadow: e.l.f. Studio Prism Eyeshadow   Cost: $10
  • Eyeliner: Rimmel London ScandalEyes  Kohl Eyeliner    Cost: $4.50
  • Lips: NYX Xtreme Lip Cream   Cost: $6
  • Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara  Cost: $9
       Total Cost: $42.50 Retail

Low End Faves: Blush, Eyeshadow, and Mascara

The high end was A. I have to say though, looking at them/ using the products in person that on a normal day, a normal glance at somebody (other than the lips but I don't even wear that color out of the house) it isn't as obvious as some people might think. My complaint would be the E.L.F kept seeping into my face but a good primer would probably stop that, I'd also use powder with it as it's a bit shiny.

Next time (if you wanna play again) I think I will go more for texture than color matching on the lips and shiny will never be the give away lol, I love sparkles high end or low end. I also think it would be easier to do one product at a time.

How fun!  I love the blush you used in Look A.  It looks so pretty on you.  I might have to look into it!

Back