zadidoll

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! (part 2)

YOU GUYS!!! I just found out I won a contest!!! A year supply of L'Occitane!!!

Check out 'racked' Facebook page!!! I'm sooooo excited!!!!!

YAY!!! So happy for you (and jealous)!  What an auspicious start to the new year.  Hopefully, this tips the scale to make up for some of your shopping letdowns last year.  Plus, it's nice when the universe rewards generous people and it sounds like you've spread a lot of beauty love around.  Make sure you update us when you get your goodies so we can all be even more jealous  :D

• Like 8

Any Marc Jacobs fans? The Spring 2015 products are released on the Marc Jacobs Beauty website - not gonna lie, I uh, well, might have given in to a few things. I'm basically regretting my life choices more and more now. You can use code GLOSS for a free mini gloss with $50+ purchase or code MINI for free Blaquer gel eyeliner on $75+ (but for some reason it won't let you use the code twice, so if you've redeemed it once, as I have, you're SOL)

And yep, @@ohsailor CCS/CCO is Cosmetics Company Store/Outlet (I've heard they go by both but I don't know if there is a difference) The one at Premium North is tiny but has better selection, at Premium South they are brand new and gorgeous but are better for skincare than makeup!

What did you get? I'm not seeing much that is calling to me, but I already bought two of the Spring Guerlain Meteorites, spring Paul & Joe collections, and I'm thinking about getting a Chanel blush. Oh, and some Jill Stuart Beauty for the first time. 

I have an IKEA Alex-9 pretty much full. It's about the same size as that except more drawers. I have been debating on getting another, but I don't really know when I would put it. Lol.

For now, I cleaned my stash out pretty well last weekend so I made some more room.

I haven't been a big fan of Marc Jacobs cosmetics, but admittedly I have only tried the first total failure of a mascara that he released last year. I am loving all the spring collections though. Tend to love spring makeup the most, which is interesting since I usually hate spring clothes.

Try the blush, it's fantastic- I also love the eye palettes.

YOU GUYS!!! I just found out I won a contest!!! A year supply of L'Occitane!!!

Check out 'racked' Facebook page!!! I'm sooooo excited!!!!!

Awesome congrats!!!!

I will check it out. I love blush!

• Like 1

Hey guys KBShimmer just featured on E! news and having a tv flash sale 6 polishes 20 bucks and 5.95 shipping. It's a set of specific polishes you can check out the KBShimmer FB for the link. I wish I had my taxes back already.

Cross-quoting this from the Indie Nail Polish thread :drive:   The link is http://www.loveitbuyit.tv/  Shipping is 5.95 but this made it reallllly easy to skip my Julep box this month :D

Edited by meggpi

I got the same 20% off coupon from Ulta as someone else already posted about, but I'm on a no buy, so someone please message me to take this away from me!  Taken!

Oh, and I still have a $5 off $10 Ulta brand coupon if someone wants it.  It expires on 1/31/15

Edited by megan27ist

What did you get? I'm not seeing much that is calling to me, but I already bought two of the Spring Guerlain Meteorites, spring Paul & Joe collections, and I'm thinking about getting a Chanel blush. Oh, and some Jill Stuart Beauty for the first time. 

I picked up the Mirage contour/highlight duo, The Shape brush because I must, and a New Nudes Lipstick in Anais. But girrrll, I've been bad too, I also got the Meteorites compact (got Clair, thinking about also getting Medium after swatching it) the Spring Dior blush, Chanel Spring Rouge Allure Velvet (the coral - ugh, color name too hard to spell) and that evil temptress TF quad. -_-

Luckily I didn't see anything that struck my fancy in the Tom Ford Spring '15 collection... but it is still tempting just because of the way people get over LE Tom Ford. But I'm actually doing really good holding myself back! :lol:

@ Congrats on the win! L'Occitane is such a good brand, that is awesome! :lol:

• Like 1

I ran out of shampoo before conditioner for the first time ever today and I was excited for half a second before I realised it still means my usage is uneven :lol:

Also I have no idea what happened because it's not even cold here anymore, but the tips of my fingers are so dry and cracked they're like sandpaper D: I'm glad I ended up being enabled on the L'Occibox because my hands need help stat lol

That's me right now too! And it was like overnight!...But I seriously was looking at my hands last night thinking holy cow, every side of every finger has cracked skin. All of them! Both hands! I didnt see it coming and now I have to work very hard to get them back. Ugh.

That's me right now too! And it was like overnight!...But I seriously was looking at my hands last night thinking holy cow, every side of every finger has cracked skin. All of them! Both hands! I didnt see it coming and now I have to work very hard to get them back. Ugh.

I'm so baffled because it's in the 70s here and over 70% humidity! My left hand was still so dry today it was catching on fabrics like velcro, so gross! I must be having a mild allergic reaction to something I touched recently because I can't recall them ever getting this bad, especially not in this kind of weather.

• Like 1

@ awww B, no one deserves to win something more than you. You are such a beautiful, generous spirit (seriously, just thinking about that gift you sent me- just because- makes me teary-eyed. It's one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me). <3 

• Like 2

I picked up the Mirage contour/highlight duo, The Shape brush because I must, and a New Nudes Lipstick in Anais. But girrrll, I've been bad too, I also got the Meteorites compact (got Clair, thinking about also getting Medium after swatching it) the Spring Dior blush, Chanel Spring Rouge Allure Velvet (the coral - ugh, color name too hard to spell) and that evil temptress TF quad. -_-

Luckily I didn't see anything that struck my fancy in the Tom Ford Spring '15 collection... but it is still tempting just because of the way people get over LE Tom Ford. But I'm actually doing really good holding myself back! :lol:

I am actually TRYING to be on a no-buy (and seriously doing a low-buy) so this was the first splurge I've given myself since November (well this, and the Hello Waffles stuff). I got the Meteorites compact in claire too, because Sephora makes it so easy to shop there (is this just me? The site just seems so much faster and easier than any others) but I'm thinking I might grab the medium from Neiman and return it. I also got the loose Meteorites- WHICH I DON'T NEED AT ALL, ITS MY THIRD SET- but I am such a sucker for pretty packaging!! (This is the ONLY reason I'm obsessed with Paul & Joe. I mean, lipsticks shaped like cats?? I just can't say no. Same with Jill Stuart- her stuff is sooo pretty. When I take my work trip to Japan this spring, I'm  grabbing so much stuff because sites mark it up so much!) 

I really want that Chanel blush, the one that's shaped so beautifully (I CAN'T RESIST BEAUTIFUL PACKAGING!) but I will probably pass. I've actually been VERY good, and this low-buy has changed my mindset so I don't feel like I need everything right now this minute.

I AM excited for three Sephora returns worth $150 to credit to my acct (gifts from Christmas- I decided I didn't need the Bite Mix n Mingle set, and as much as selling it on eBay for $150 itself was calling to me, I just refuse to use it anymore) because I want one or two more of those Hourglass eye palettes.

I know, this was super interesting and you really wanted to know all about this. I don't know why I felt compelled to talk all my purchases out!

• Like 5

Wow you guys are all so sweet! Can I just quit my day job and hang here all the time??? I think I've cried 10 times today, at least. In the past week I've gotten a lovely and soooo appreciated private message from a poster I've not even chatted with or even been introduced to in any way before, I've gotten super sweet PM's that made me burst into tears...these from new friends I've made here in these past 8 months, and chatting more with newer friends I made over the holidays. I just can't believe how sweet you guys are to me, and I'm sooooo glad you put up with me and all my questions HAHAHAHAH!!

And today, I won a prize! I can relate that to here, because any deal, or sale, or contest etc. I find out 'there' started with a link or a post from in 'here!' I cried today just because of that hahaha! I know, ok I'll stop gushing, but I really want you all to know how cool this place is to me. AND...I won a prize!

Edited by BB019
  • Like 8

That sounds like a wonderful prize! Glad that such a good, fun person won! You deserve it. Enjoy your super soft skin (and pfftt who cares if anyone else gets to notice, atleast you get to notice and enjoy it! That's all that really matters!)

• Like 2

I am actually TRYING to be on a no-buy (and seriously doing a low-buy) so this was the first splurge I've given myself since November (well this, and the Hello Waffles stuff). I got the Meteorites compact in claire too, because Sephora makes it so easy to shop there (is this just me? The site just seems so much faster and easier than any others) but I'm thinking I might grab the medium from Neiman and return it. I also got the loose Meteorites- WHICH I DON'T NEED AT ALL, ITS MY THIRD SET- but I am such a sucker for pretty packaging!! (This is the ONLY reason I'm obsessed with Paul & Joe. I mean, lipsticks shaped like cats?? I just can't say no. Same with Jill Stuart- her stuff is sooo pretty. When I take my work trip to Japan this spring, I'm  grabbing so much stuff because sites mark it up so much!) 

I really want that Chanel blush, the one that's shaped so beautifully (I CAN'T RESIST BEAUTIFUL PACKAGING!) but I will probably pass. I've actually been VERY good, and this low-buy has changed my mindset so I don't feel like I need everything right now this minute.

I AM excited for three Sephora returns worth $150 to credit to my acct (gifts from Christmas- I decided I didn't need the Bite Mix n Mingle set, and as much as selling it on eBay for $150 itself was calling to me, I just refuse to use it anymore) because I want one or two more of those Hourglass eye palettes.

I know, this was super interesting and you really wanted to know all about this. I don't know why I felt compelled to talk all my purchases out!

Ah ha ha, the sad thing is, it IS interesting! ;) I love knowing what/why other people are buying - for instance, the Guerlain pearls, you'll have to let me know how you like them! I passed because even though that packaging was so cute, I don't really need a blush... but I am also a sucker for the packaging, so if I could be convinced they were worth it, I'd totally go for it! :rolleyes:

I passed on the Chanel blush 100% for sure though - I don't need another pretty LE item I will never use. -_- I realized over the holidays that I have an entire storage drawer dedicated to the LE items I will never or rarely use, and that is just wrong. I need to break my hoarding habit and just use the darn things! So now I am trying to be good and stick to permanent items if I am going to *ahem* break my low-buy. :blush:

• Like 4

Totally jealous of your haul - it sounds INCREDIBLE! Please do let me know what you think of the Meteorites compact. I'd really love to hear how it compares to the pearls from more people. I've read it's more sheer. I think I want to buy the pearls but debating. I just last week finally tried my sample of the pearls that Sephora sent out last year with a promo code. It's really hard to tell since I have a huge powder brush and that container is tiny - but I really think I love them haha.

Wow you guys are all so sweet! Can I just quit my day job and hang here all the time??? I think I've cried 10 times today, at least. In the past week I've gotten a lovely and soooo appreciated private message from a poster I've not even chatted with or even been introduced to in any way before, I've gotten super sweet PM's that made me burst into tears...these from new friends I've made here in these past 8 months, and chatting more with newer friends I made over the holidays. I just can't believe how sweet you guys are to me, and I'm sooooo glad you put up with me and all my questions HAHAHAHAH!!

And today, I won a prize! I can relate that to here, because any deal, or sale, or contest etc. I find out 'there' started with a link or a post from in 'here!' I cried today just because of that hahaha! I know, ok I'll stop gushing, but I really want you all to know how cool this place is to me. AND...I won a prize!

Sorry to be so mushy, but I keep a lot of personal stuff out of here, on purpose. You have no idea, how sometimes the littlest thing can lift someone up, and I thank you all for that. Now....my prize!!

It is 4 sets of full size products from L'Occitane's new comforting skincare line valued at $330! Each set has Shea Butter: cleansing oil, gentle toner and light comforting cream! Oh I'm going to have such sooooooooooft skin!! (Too bad I'm the only one who'll notice!! Don't know whether to womp womp, or LOL at this point!! Hahahaha!!)

Thanks for all your support! Maybe I'll save a set for the summer gift exchange!!!

Not only do you deserve to win, you deserve all the kindness. Enjoy the emotion. Seriously, so happy for someone who truly deserves a win!

• Like 2

Ah ha ha, the sad thing is, it IS interesting! ;) I love knowing what/why other people are buying - for instance, the Guerlain pearls, you'll have to let me know how you like them! I passed because even though that packaging was so cute, I don't really need a blush... but I am also a sucker for the packaging, so if I could be convinced they were worth it, I'd totally go for it! :rolleyes:

I passed on the Chanel blush 100% for sure though - I don't need another pretty LE item I will never use. -_- I realized over the holidays that I have an entire storage drawer dedicated to the LE items I will never or rarely use, and that is just wrong. I need to break my hoarding habit and just use the darn things! So now I am trying to be good and stick to permanent items if I am going to *ahem* break my low-buy. :blush:

This is soooo me. For the longest time I justified it by saying "some people collect stamps, some essentially collect expensive handbags and shoes, I collect beautiful makeup" but WHERE DOES IT END? Like, Chanel is always going to put out a super pretty LE powder/blush. I don't need EVERY one. I know so many gals reading this are like "No crap you don't!" but for a makeup/shopping addict (if I'm being honest) this has been a major change in my thinking. 

@ Giiiirl, I understand. I have met better friends on this board than people I have known 10+ years. This is my happy place. 

• Like 3

This is soooo me. For the longest time I justified it by saying "some people collect stamps, some essentially collect expensive handbags and shoes, I collect beautiful makeup" but WHERE DOES IT END? Like, Chanel is always going to put out a super pretty LE powder/blush. I don't need EVERY one. I know so many gals reading this are like "No crap you don't!" but for a makeup/shopping addict (if I'm being honest) this has been a major change in my thinking.

@ Giiiirl, I understand. I have met better friends on this board than people I have known 10+ years. This is my happy place.

I used to think that way too when I first got into makeup! I went from having a single eyeliner and maybe 2-3 lipsticks to gigantic boxes of makeup almost overnight. This went on for a good year before it finally tapered off and I now realise that I have enough lipstick to last me about 20 lifetimes now LOL. I still buy lippies the most but definitely at a much less alarming rate now.

Lmao @@ChemLady you reminded me of a customs experience I had back in August. I had gone up to Montreal for Heavy MTL (a metal festival that is now no longer only metal smh) and I had the usual chitchat with the customs officer "so why were you here blahblah" and she got SO EXCITED when I said I had gone to see Metallica and Slayer (and 839174 other bands). She started telling me about how over the years she's seen slayer, led zeppelin, motley crue, and a whole bunch of other amazing bands pass through customs over the years... Then she ended her list of bands with Nickelback and just completely lost me LOL. (Sorry if any of y'all are Nickelback fans :P)

• Like 5

Free shipping with $25+ at victoria's secret with ship25 - I don't know if this deal was going on before but I got another email about it today.  Semi-annual sale stuff is still available.  

On another note, did anyone else think the VS semi-annual sale this time was pretty lame?  There seemed to be a lot less sleepwear/apparel in stores than last year, and I went to a flagship store...I went there on the first day specifically looking for flannel pajamas and the one pattern I wanted wasn't available.

Woo for @!

Also, I just went on a low-buy and my first act of business was to re-follow this thread...

But I miss this thread!  :hugs3:

• Like 2

@@ChemLady thanks for that...I may or may not have a bit of a fangirl crush on Nikki Sixx LOL

@ fun story <3 (and I agree on the Nickelback part hahaha). I was always going to ask you,  is your profile pic you and a girl in a band? It just reminds me of all my old pics with band people LOL (but thought it would be strange if I said/asked that and it's just a friend or something and I come off as a creeper  :P)

Also, enablerness, I don't think this has been posted here, just the Sephora thread, which most of you probably follow, but Sephora Flash is back!! You can just search for it on the site and add to your cart!

Edit: sooo I sat with this browser window open too long before posting, so Flash has been mentioned haha

Edited by Kelli

Oh. Oh no. Flash is so tempting. I don't order from Sephora that often, but that's partly because of the shipping.

Does anyone know how long this will be available to buy?

• Like 2