ScoutSays

Birchbox Shipping/OOS/Warehouse Issues

So birchbox is giving me a refund because the full bloom box is out of stock. They also gave me two hundred points for the trouble. Now I'm going to be embarrassed because I told the husband of my sorority sister that she should get a surprise gift in the mail. They need to have an emergency meeting at birchbox and get this warehouse mess under control.

• Like 1

So birchbox is giving me a refund because the full bloom box is out of stock. They also gave me two hundred points for the trouble. Now I'm going to be embarrassed because I told the husband of my sorority sister that she should get a surprise gift in the mail. They need to have an emergency meeting at birchbox and get this warehouse mess under control.

WTF.  Every single story on this thread just makes me livid. How hard is it to show items out of stock when they're out of stock? And why are they waiting so long to TELL people their orders are out of stock? There's just zero communication.  :angry:

WTF.  Every single story on this thread just makes me livid. How hard is it to show items out of stock when they're out of stock? And why are they waiting so long to TELL people their orders are out of stock? There's just zero communication.  :angry:

Yes I feel bad for everyone trying to get gifts for their moms only for them to not arrive on time.  I don't know why a blanket PR message is so damn hard to release about the warehouse being slammed with orders.  I thanked Cara for her help (she did the best to assist me within her power) and I told her that I will chill out until the warehouse issues are under control.  Now I gotta figure out what I can get for a new mom to pamper herself that will get to her by Saturday.

Oh yeah, btw the rep at birchbox told me that they will be working out the warehouse issues for the next two weeks so I wouldn't recommend getting any full-sized orders during this time.  I'm going on a low/no-buy anyway since I'm getting married next month so yeah, lol.  Hopefully, the warehouse issues won't affect the monthly subscriptions.

• Like 1

These issues are so inconsistent too - I placed an order from another account on Friday, got a tracking number on Saturday, and it's supposed to be here Thursday, totally normal shipping time. Why are some orders so messed up and others are business as usual???

It took 28 days for my mom to get her welcome box. But she finally got it today and it had nice stuff in it.

These issues are so inconsistent too - I placed an order from another account on Friday, got a tracking number on Saturday, and it's supposed to be here Thursday, totally normal shipping time. Why are some orders so messed up and others are business as usual???

I guess it depends on what you get.  I think that the warehouse did not realize they ran out of the bloom boxes after taking people's money and Joey was nice enough to send me a free pick two because I was going to have the bloom box shipped to someone else instead, but wanted the pick two shipped to me.  Both were back ordered.

Oh yeah, btw the rep at birchbox told me that they will be working out the warehouse issues for the next two weeks so I wouldn't recommend getting any full-sized orders during this time.  I'm going on a low/no-buy anyway since I'm getting married next month so yeah, lol.  Hopefully, the warehouse issues won't affect the monthly subscriptions.

Congrats!

Im so mad at birchbox I ordered 3 of the in full bloom boxes two shipped and one had not. I wrote last week, yesterday I get a message saying my April box had already shipped. They did not even read the email, I wrote back and explained my issue again. They wrote back saying the third in full bloom box the one what was meant for me could not be delivered to my address so they were refunding the order because its an APO address. I wrote back because they have always been able to ship to me also asking if I could ship the box to another adress. This is getting really ridiculous with all their shipping issues.

Wow. From everyone's posts on here, I'm glad and amazed I actually received my orders today. One was the IFB box and the other was the balm Nude Tude palette. I had to message on FB twice, but it did get the job done.

Ugh, never got my order even though I did 2 day ship.  It is still processing.  I sent them an e-mail as I like to have a paper trail.  Otherwise anything said on the phone is hearsay.  Now I am worried the gift sub I got my mom for her birthday won't ship in time and I'll look like the bad kid who didn't get mom a birthday gift!

Ugh, never got my order even though I did 2 day ship.  It is still processing.  I sent them an e-mail as I like to have a paper trail.  Otherwise anything said on the phone is hearsay.  Now I am worried the gift sub I got my mom for her birthday won't ship in time and I'll look like the bad kid who didn't get mom a birthday gift!

In my experience they are more helpful on the phone - if you don't get an email in the next 24 hours, I'd call, too. 

Cross posted, but I figure this should be here too!

Was anyone else's In Full bloom boxes missing anything? Mine was missing the nail polish. Not my most wanted item in the box, but still :( I can't believe that it took so freaking long to get to me (2 weeks!) and then everything's not even in it.

I have 4 BB accounts and have had issues on 3 of them this month (well actually all four if you count pointsgate)

My main account I placed 2 store orders. They took forever to ship. Never got tracking info until I got notifications from my UPS account I had deliveries scheduled for the next day. Both were missing the mystery pick two, one was missing half the order. Talked to CS who told me the missing item was OOS and I had that refunded in points (plus got extra points for the trouble) and was informed my 2 mystery pick twos would be sent. Got the order confirmation emails for both of those, its been at least a week and no shipping emails. I've pretty much given up on the fact that I will likely never see my pick twos. At least they were free. 

I placed a single order on my second account. Like my main account, it took forever to ship and I also didn't get any notification it had shipped until I go the notice from UPS. It shows up and it's an empty envelope. The packing slip inside indicated that two of the items weren't included but even the one that was wasn't there. Contacted CS and they sent out a replacement to the missing item and then got back to me later that the other full size item was OOS (gave me store credit, plus points ) and then put another order in for my pick two. Again like the first account, it's been a week and no shipping notice for that pick two either.

I didn't place any orders on my third account but the Color Club polish came shattered and all over my box. CS responded they would send me a new one (just a new polish, not a new box - I mean I was able to clean it off of most things but it still was a huge mess!) I probably had that email exchange 2 weeks ago now and I never got any shipping notice for the replacement and nothing has come yet. I ended up getting the same shade in another box so it's not the end of the world but another example of them telling me they were sending me something and it not coming. 

I get that for the most part these were free orders (used points for most everything) but still discouraging when you are looking forward to something, and then have someone tell you they are sending it, and nothing comes of it or you find out weeks later it is out of stock :-\ 

I'm sitting on a $90 shopping cart but just unable to hit submit because of all these shipping issues. I want some things, but I want them in a normal time, not a month from now or even never.

• Like 1

With the warehouse move…I am willing to bet they can't find 1/2 the stuff from the store.  If that's the case…don't offer 2 day shipping. Oh, and be honest about it  ;)

• Like 3

With the warehouse move…I am willing to bet they can't find 1/2 the stuff from the store.  If that's the case…don't offer 2 day shipping. Oh, and be honest about it  ;)

Agree so much with this! 

I sent an email last night because I actually PAID for two day shipping on an order that should be here today & it hasn't shipped yet. I'm sure they're going to come back and say it takes up to 2 business days to leave the warehouse or whatever but..when you check out & pick a shipping option it gives you a delivery date for any of the expedited shipping & it said 5/7! 

ETA: Coincidentally, I just got a UPS delivery alert for tomorrow for a Birchbox order and the tracking number doesn't match any of my shipment confirmations. So maybe that's it? Still technically late. 

Edited by allistra44

I'm starting to lose track of what I've received/what's shipped/what I'm waiting on. I had an order a while back that had 5 items in it and got different shipping notices for each item! :blink:

I guess I'd rather have them ship items as they're available, rather than waiting for everything to get back in stock but it certainly makes things confusing. 

still nothing on my may 1st order.  My april 18th special compensation had to be cancelled and they sent me out something different (as they were not getting those items back in stock anytime soon)

still no clicky truck either.  My april 25th order s/b coming today!! 

In good news,  I placed an order 5/1 and it is here today. However, I haven't opened it yet, but I am optimistic.

I just called about an order placed 5/1 that hadn't shipped yet...I don't know why it is so hard for them to communicate with their warehouse! Every time I call, I get something like, "Oh, I have no idea why it hasn't shipped yet, that's weird..." This time she gave me 50 points and said she'd email me with an update. There's no point in having more points if I can't get anything I order with them!

• Like 1

Perhaps someone should sent this forum thread to the creators of BB.  If I knew how to contact them - I would send it.

Just got an e-mail from BB:

JoeySergi_01.jpg

Joey (Birchbox Ops)

May 07 05:06 PM

Hi Kait,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for any trouble.

Your order was unable to be processed because there was an error in the address verification. I'm so sorry about that. I have placed a new order with the correct information. You will receive a separate order confirmation and tracking information once it ships.

I've also added 100 points to your account to apologize for the trouble. 100 Birchbox Points can be redeemed for $10 in the Birchbox Shop. Points can be used to purchase full size products from Birchbox.com, as well as gift subscriptions.

Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns. For further assistance, you can also give us a call at 877-487-7272 (M-F 9a-9p EST) and we'd be happy to help.

Address verification? Really?  I have been a member of BB since 2012.  My address has never changed.  Not buying it.  But hey got more points to build back up again.  AND my order will hopefully be processed this time.  If not, I have this e-mail to back myself up with.  But really, BB needs to get themselves together.  I wonder how many BB points they have sent out in the last 2 months.  It can't be good for their business to be handing out points like candy.