Birchbox Shipping/OOS/Warehouse Issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great deal for you!! Was that for your 4/18 order? They're going to learn a very expensive lesson from all these issues, but kinda serves them right. They need a better system for tracking inventory. Enjoy your goodies. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yep! So I'm actually getting everything in my order and they only charged me for one thing! Craziness. 

I'd feel bad but 1) it's not my fault and 2) hopefully this will make them realize they NEED a new system for this kind of stuff. 

I am really excited to get my Beauty Blenders though! 

I placed an order for a Clarisonic on 4/25 and chose 2 day shipping. I sent an email on 5/1 and I was told the lavender Clarisonic was out of stock and I was offered the white Clarisonic as a replacement. I said I would take the white Clarisonic and was told it would be overnighted. That was last Thursday and I don't even have a tracking number. It's annoying that had I not contacted them about my order I would have never found out it was out of stock. It's for my little sister's birthday this weekend and now I might have to go buy her another present.

Damn, birchbox can't guarantee the gift would be there by Mother's Day? That's not a good look if you have a MOTHER'S DAY section of your website. I ordered last week and expected it to ship promptly. I don't care about the points but I just want her to get the damn gift on time. Between no April glossybox and this, I'm over subscription box shipping because it seems like both companies warehouses went to the pita of hell.

I just called AGAIN to complain about an order I placed April 27th that hasn't shipped yet. When I called last week, they told me it was being shipped "as we speak" but it still hasn't shipped. She told me it was too late to cancel but she could send me a return shipping label and I could return the products when they arrive...I said that sounded like a hassle (which it does) and she said "I don't know what you want me to do then," and I said I wanted her to cancel the order if they couldn't ship it in a reasonable time frame, and she said she would see what she could do and send me an email. This whole thing is really irritating.

I just called AGAIN to complain about an order I placed April 27th that hasn't shipped yet. When I called last week, they told me it was being shipped "as we speak" but it still hasn't shipped. She told me it was too late to cancel but she could send me a return shipping label and I could return the products when they arrive...I said that sounded like a hassle (which it does) and she said "I don't know what you want me to do then," and I said I wanted her to cancel the order if they couldn't ship it in a reasonable time frame, and she said she would see what she could do and send me an email. This whole thing is really irritating.
It seems like they really can't communicate with their warehouse at all. I had the same problem with and order not being shipped yet but them saying they couldn't cancel because it was processed. Keep at them until they give an actual response. You could always threaten to dispute the charge since they broke the shipping agreement, but you probably don't want to actually go through that hassle. You can also complain on their fb page.

It seems like they really can't communicate with their warehouse at all. I had the same problem with and order not being shipped yet but them saying they couldn't cancel because it was processed. Keep at them until they give an actual response. You could always threaten to dispute the charge since they broke the shipping agreement, but you probably don't want to actually go through that hassle. You can also complain on their fb page.

I got an email - she said she had no idea what had happened to my package, that it might be lost, it might show up, it might not, because a shipping label was created last week but there has been zero activity on it. So she refunded me for my order but said I might get it anyway, and gave me 100 extra points for the trouble. So I was a little frustrated after that phone call but it seems to have worked out okay in the end.

Worst CS response ever. 

Still don't have shipping on my order I placed Sunday night. I paid for 2 day shipping because it said it would deliver by 5/7 but I'm seriously doubting that's going to happen. 

Sigh. I don't want to call them again. 

Worst CS response ever. 
Yeah - luckily the subsequent email gave a good resolution. 

(And now, because apparently I am a glutton for punishment and was good enough to ignore theBalm's flash sale this morning, I am considering using my refunded points to order Nude Tude....)

Still don't have shipping on my order I placed Sunday night. I paid for 2 day shipping because it said it would deliver by 5/7 but I'm seriously doubting that's going to happen. 

Sigh. I don't want to call them again. 

So frustrating....I mean, on the plus side, at least they do make an effort to fix things when you call them. Of course that means you actually have to call them...

So birchbox is giving me a refund because the full bloom box is out of stock. They also gave me two hundred points for the trouble. Now I'm going to be embarrassed because I told the husband of my sorority sister that she should get a surprise gift in the mail. They need to have an emergency meeting at birchbox and get this warehouse mess under control.

So birchbox is giving me a refund because the full bloom box is out of stock. They also gave me two hundred points for the trouble. Now I'm going to be embarrassed because I told the husband of my sorority sister that she should get a surprise gift in the mail. They need to have an emergency meeting at birchbox and get this warehouse mess under control.
WTF.  Every single story on this thread just makes me livid. How hard is it to show items out of stock when they're out of stock? And why are they waiting so long to TELL people their orders are out of stock? There's just zero communication.  :angry:

WTF.  Every single story on this thread just makes me livid. How hard is it to show items out of stock when they're out of stock? And why are they waiting so long to TELL people their orders are out of stock? There's just zero communication.  :angry:
Yes I feel bad for everyone trying to get gifts for their moms only for them to not arrive on time.  I don't know why a blanket PR message is so damn hard to release about the warehouse being slammed with orders.  I thanked Cara for her help (she did the best to assist me within her power) and I told her that I will chill out until the warehouse issues are under control.  Now I gotta figure out what I can get for a new mom to pamper herself that will get to her by Saturday.

Oh yeah, btw the rep at birchbox told me that they will be working out the warehouse issues for the next two weeks so I wouldn't recommend getting any full-sized orders during this time.  I'm going on a low/no-buy anyway since I'm getting married next month so yeah, lol.  Hopefully, the warehouse issues won't affect the monthly subscriptions.

These issues are so inconsistent too - I placed an order from another account on Friday, got a tracking number on Saturday, and it's supposed to be here Thursday, totally normal shipping time. Why are some orders so messed up and others are business as usual???

It took 28 days for my mom to get her welcome box. But she finally got it today and it had nice stuff in it.

These issues are so inconsistent too - I placed an order from another account on Friday, got a tracking number on Saturday, and it's supposed to be here Thursday, totally normal shipping time. Why are some orders so messed up and others are business as usual???
I guess it depends on what you get.  I think that the warehouse did not realize they ran out of the bloom boxes after taking people's money and Joey was nice enough to send me a free pick two because I was going to have the bloom box shipped to someone else instead, but wanted the pick two shipped to me.  Both were back ordered.

Oh yeah, btw the rep at birchbox told me that they will be working out the warehouse issues for the next two weeks so I wouldn't recommend getting any full-sized orders during this time.  I'm going on a low/no-buy anyway since I'm getting married next month so yeah, lol.  Hopefully, the warehouse issues won't affect the monthly subscriptions.
Congrats!

Im so mad at birchbox I ordered 3 of the in full bloom boxes two shipped and one had not. I wrote last week, yesterday I get a message saying my April box had already shipped. They did not even read the email, I wrote back and explained my issue again. They wrote back saying the third in full bloom box the one what was meant for me could not be delivered to my address so they were refunding the order because its an APO address. I wrote back because they have always been able to ship to me also asking if I could ship the box to another adress. This is getting really ridiculous with all their shipping issues.

Wow. From everyone's posts on here, I'm glad and amazed I actually received my orders today. One was the IFB box and the other was the balm Nude Tude palette. I had to message on FB twice, but it did get the job done.

Back