Birchbox Shipping/OOS/Warehouse Issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, never got my order even though I did 2 day ship.  It is still processing.  I sent them an e-mail as I like to have a paper trail.  Otherwise anything said on the phone is hearsay.  Now I am worried the gift sub I got my mom for her birthday won't ship in time and I'll look like the bad kid who didn't get mom a birthday gift!

Ugh, never got my order even though I did 2 day ship.  It is still processing.  I sent them an e-mail as I like to have a paper trail.  Otherwise anything said on the phone is hearsay.  Now I am worried the gift sub I got my mom for her birthday won't ship in time and I'll look like the bad kid who didn't get mom a birthday gift!
In my experience they are more helpful on the phone - if you don't get an email in the next 24 hours, I'd call, too. 

Cross posted, but I figure this should be here too!

Was anyone else's In Full bloom boxes missing anything? Mine was missing the nail polish. Not my most wanted item in the box, but still :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I can't believe that it took so freaking long to get to me (2 weeks!) and then everything's not even in it.

I have 4 BB accounts and have had issues on 3 of them this month (well actually all four if you count pointsgate)

My main account I placed 2 store orders. They took forever to ship. Never got tracking info until I got notifications from my UPS account I had deliveries scheduled for the next day. Both were missing the mystery pick two, one was missing half the order. Talked to CS who told me the missing item was OOS and I had that refunded in points (plus got extra points for the trouble) and was informed my 2 mystery pick twos would be sent. Got the order confirmation emails for both of those, its been at least a week and no shipping emails. I've pretty much given up on the fact that I will likely never see my pick twos. At least they were free. 

I placed a single order on my second account. Like my main account, it took forever to ship and I also didn't get any notification it had shipped until I go the notice from UPS. It shows up and it's an empty envelope. The packing slip inside indicated that two of the items weren't included but even the one that was wasn't there. Contacted CS and they sent out a replacement to the missing item and then got back to me later that the other full size item was OOS (gave me store credit, plus points ) and then put another order in for my pick two. Again like the first account, it's been a week and no shipping notice for that pick two either.

I didn't place any orders on my third account but the Color Club polish came shattered and all over my box. CS responded they would send me a new one (just a new polish, not a new box - I mean I was able to clean it off of most things but it still was a huge mess!) I probably had that email exchange 2 weeks ago now and I never got any shipping notice for the replacement and nothing has come yet. I ended up getting the same shade in another box so it's not the end of the world but another example of them telling me they were sending me something and it not coming. 

I get that for the most part these were free orders (used points for most everything) but still discouraging when you are looking forward to something, and then have someone tell you they are sending it, and nothing comes of it or you find out weeks later it is out of stock :-\ 

I'm sitting on a $90 shopping cart but just unable to hit submit because of all these shipping issues. I want some things, but I want them in a normal time, not a month from now or even never.

With the warehouse move…I am willing to bet they can't find 1/2 the stuff from the store.  If that's the case…don't offer 2 day shipping. Oh, and be honest about it  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Agree so much with this! 

I sent an email last night because I actually PAID for two day shipping on an order that should be here today & it hasn't shipped yet. I'm sure they're going to come back and say it takes up to 2 business days to leave the warehouse or whatever but..when you check out & pick a shipping option it gives you a delivery date for any of the expedited shipping & it said 5/7! 

ETA: Coincidentally, I just got a UPS delivery alert for tomorrow for a Birchbox order and the tracking number doesn't match any of my shipment confirmations. So maybe that's it? Still technically late. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to lose track of what I've received/what's shipped/what I'm waiting on. I had an order a while back that had 5 items in it and got different shipping notices for each item! :blink:

I guess I'd rather have them ship items as they're available, rather than waiting for everything to get back in stock but it certainly makes things confusing. 

still nothing on my may 1st order.  My april 18th special compensation had to be cancelled and they sent me out something different (as they were not getting those items back in stock anytime soon)

still no clicky truck either.  My april 25th order s/b coming today!! 

In good news,  I placed an order 5/1 and it is here today. However, I haven't opened it yet, but I am optimistic.

I just called about an order placed 5/1 that hadn't shipped yet...I don't know why it is so hard for them to communicate with their warehouse! Every time I call, I get something like, "Oh, I have no idea why it hasn't shipped yet, that's weird..." This time she gave me 50 points and said she'd email me with an update. There's no point in having more points if I can't get anything I order with them!

Perhaps someone should sent this forum thread to the creators of BB.  If I knew how to contact them - I would send it.

Just got an e-mail from BB:

JoeySergi_01.jpg
Joey (Birchbox Ops)

May 07 05:06 PM

Hi Kait,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for any trouble.

Your order was unable to be processed because there was an error in the address verification. I'm so sorry about that. I have placed a new order with the correct information. You will receive a separate order confirmation and tracking information once it ships.

I've also added 100 points to your account to apologize for the trouble. 100 Birchbox Points can be redeemed for $10 in the Birchbox Shop. Points can be used to purchase full size products from Birchbox.com, as well as gift subscriptions.

Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns. For further assistance, you can also give us a call at 877-487-7272 (M-F 9a-9p EST) and we'd be happy to help.

Address verification? Really?  I have been a member of BB since 2012.  My address has never changed.  Not buying it.  But hey got more points to build back up again.  AND my order will hopefully be processed this time.  If not, I have this e-mail to back myself up with.  But really, BB needs to get themselves together.  I wonder how many BB points they have sent out in the last 2 months.  It can't be good for their business to be handing out points like candy. 

Just got an e-mail from BB:

JoeySergi_01.jpg
Joey (Birchbox Ops)

May 07 05:06 PM

Hi Kait,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for any trouble.

Your order was unable to be processed because there was an error in the address verification. I'm so sorry about that. I have placed a new order with the correct information. You will receive a separate order confirmation and tracking information once it ships.

I've also added 100 points to your account to apologize for the trouble. 100 Birchbox Points can be redeemed for $10 in the Birchbox Shop. Points can be used to purchase full size products from Birchbox.com, as well as gift subscriptions.

Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns. For further assistance, you can also give us a call at 877-487-7272 (M-F 9a-9p EST) and we'd be happy to help.

Address verification? Really?  I have been a member of BB since 2012.  My address has never changed.  Not buying it.  But hey got more points to build back up again.  AND my order will hopefully be processed this time.  If not, I have this e-mail to back myself up with.  But really, BB needs to get themselves together.  I wonder how many BB points they have sent out in the last 2 months.  It can't be good for their business to be handing out points like candy. 
What the heck? I feel like they just have a jar filled with pieces of paper with excuses on them & they're just picking them at random to reply to e-mails. 

I literally have almost $200 in stuff coming to me eventually and I think I paid $7 total (which was for the expedited shipping that didn't happen). Sooo yeah they're giving out a lot of points. 

When did you e-mail them? Kind of annoyed they haven't responded to mine by now, although I'm sure they're swamped with complaints. 

What the heck? I feel like they just have a jar filled with pieces of paper with excuses on them & they're just picking them at random to reply to e-mails. 

I literally have almost $200 in stuff coming to me eventually and I think I paid $7 total (which was for the expedited shipping that didn't happen). Sooo yeah they're giving out a lot of points. 

When did you e-mail them? Kind of annoyed they haven't responded to mine by now, although I'm sure they're swamped with complaints. 
Last night around 830.  And I came here right after the e-mail came through. So, less then 24 hrs.   

Last night around 830.  And I came here right after the e-mail came through. So, less then 24 hrs.   
Hmm hopefully mine is coming soon then! I told them I want a refund for shipping if they can't commit to delivery today and the UPS guy has come & gone already. No package, no shipping info.  <_<

I did get my Beauty Blender duo + cleanser today though, which I was refunded for because it was 'out of stock.' So, that's exciting!

I suspect we will see a rise in prices in the shop within a few months d/t the frequency of point handouts.  It's like Mardi Gras and bead tossing at this point.   

What I just wrote on Facebook:-

I've kind of had a rocky experience with birchbox this week. I made an order that didn't ship for a week even though full size orders are supposed to ship out in 2 days. when it finally got to me it was missing a product and my perfume looked like it had floating mold in it. When I called to tell birchbox what happened they very nicely offered to ship out replacements. I said these were supposed to be Mother's Day presents and my mom was going to be disappointed that everything listed on the card won't be in the box, and the customer service rep laughed and replied, "maybe she'll think it's funny!" I'm sorry, but I do not think that's a professional reply! Why would my mom think it's funny that she's getting a replacement for a missing product and a moldy product? I'm happy that I will be getting the replacements I just did not appreciate that answer!

Can't want to see their answer!

Back