Birchbox Shipping/OOS/Warehouse Issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a couple days ago I finally received my in full bloom order, ordered on the 26th and received on the 7th, it was missing part of my order. Then I ordered the Free for all box on Sunday the 4th and still don't have shipping. I called on Wednesday and they said it would ship immediately because everything was in stock, and now it's Friday and it still hasn't shipped, I'm going to seriously chew them out today!
Yeah I'm still waiting on something I paid for on the 1st.  I sent another email late last night so I hope that I get an answer before they go home for the weekend. Nine days is just ridiculous.  It's only a freaking pick two!

Yeah I'm still waiting on something I paid for on the 1st.  I sent another email late last night so I hope that I get an answer before they go home for the weekend. Nine days is just ridiculous.  It's only a freaking pick two!
I called and of course they gave me the same answer that they did on Wednesday, that the CS would contact the warehouse and expedite my shipping for me. I'll believe it when I see it, but bb is on my last nerve and if it isn't shipped by this evening I'll call them and cancel, then take my business elsewhere. The warehouse move will be the death of them.

That's so true. I just got shipping notices on both items, smh. Without their warehouse their company is useless. I wish they would be proactive on letting us know if there will be a shipment delay instead of us being on their ass to make sure the warehouse does its damn job I'm a timely manner.

they re-ordered my 5/1 order yesterday and that one has shipped out!! I think some orders are just plain lost or maybe we will get them in July! lol

That's so true. I just got shipping notices on both items, smh. Without their warehouse their company is useless. I wish they would be proactive on letting us know if there will be a shipment delay instead of us being on their ass to make sure the warehouse does its damn job I'm a timely manner.
Every time that I've had to call lately, which has been every few days, I've told them at they need to address these issues on their social media sites as well as sending a mass email explaining the issues that are happening. Now, they won't do this, even though it would save them from receiving angry calls and emails, as well as them not having to constantly she'll out points but they won't do that, they just want to keep sales up. Very frustrating, and especially for customers who have been completely loyal to them, they aren't being transparent whatsoever and that's terrible for customer retention.

they re-ordered my 5/1 order yesterday and that one has shipped out!! I think some orders are just plain lost or maybe we will get them in July! lol
I spoke too soon - I just got an email for the 5/1 shipment!! lol  So, now I will have the following dups (and they told me I could keep the duplicate order - I asked about that yesterday - what to do if the first one shows up...)

Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Lotion/Body Wash DuoView Product Page · Write a Product Review $27.00 Ordered: 1

Shipped: 1 $27.00 Lomasi Mani•Pedi Gel Remover

View Product Page · Write a Product Review $4.95 Ordered: 1

Shipped: 1 $4.95 Mystery Sample Pack (free with $35+ order)

View Product Page · Write a Product Review $10.00 Ordered: 1

Shipped: 1 $10.00 Ahmad Teas Assorted Teas Flavor Mint Mystique  

I had used my 20% coupon & BB points so all of this - now duplicated - was .13 cents for me!

Just got shipping notices for all the mystery two packs that were supposed to come with my orders! 

Still waiting on shipping for the order I placed on the 4th though.

Pretty crabby that I was told TWICE yesterday that they'd next day air my order for me aaaaand its not here. No shipping notice either.

It was a nice gesture but why even bother offering it if you can't actually do it?

I don't know what to do about this one - I placed an order awhile ago, and it never shipped. Finally a shipping label was created (over a week ago now) but still doesn't show up in the USPS system. I called earlier this week, and they refunded my points that I used to place the order, and said hopefully it will show up but they're not sure. However, part of the order is something I would repurchase if it's not going to show up - but I have no idea how long to wait! I really just want to know if it's coming or not. I've tried to call three times over the last hour and no one has been available any of those times...They must be totally swamped with irritated customers!

I don't know what to do about this one - I placed an order awhile ago, and it never shipped. Finally a shipping label was created (over a week ago now) but still doesn't show up in the USPS system. I called earlier this week, and they refunded my points that I used to place the order, and said hopefully it will show up but they're not sure. However, part of the order is something I would repurchase if it's not going to show up - but I have no idea how long to wait! I really just want to know if it's coming or not. I've tried to call three times over the last hour and no one has been available any of those times...They must be totally swamped with irritated customers!
oh maybe I spoke too soon, then!! My 2 orders are USPS labels as well.....but they just sent me the shipping info, so I am hoping that they are actually shipping out!

Thats a really tough call right now lolI've had this happen twice now. One of the original orders randomly showed up about a week after I got the 'replacement' order. The other one was almost 3 weeks.

You could always return the 'replacement' one if the original one ends up coming. As far as I know their return policy is fairly easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh maybe I spoke too soon, then!! My 2 orders are USPS labels as well.....but they just sent me the shipping info, so I am hoping that they are actually shipping out!
Yeah, who knows? It must be crazy over there right now! 

Thats a really tough call right now lol

I've had this happen twice now. One of the original orders randomly showed up about a week after I got the 'replacement' order. The other one was almost 3 weeks.

You could always return the 'replacement' one if the original one ends up coming. As far as I know their return policy is fairly easy.
I just called them to ask, and she said she suspects USPS lost my package. Part of the order is out of stock, but she is re-shipping what is still in stock. Hopefully it arrives this time!

Oh wait- this is weird - in the email, she says she is refunding me for the part of the order that is out of stock, but the whole order was already refunded??? I don't know what's happening. Whatever, I guess I don't really care too much either way, I just hope that I actually get the concealer OR they write me back and tell me they can't send it, then I can just order a new one...I just want closure! Haha, that sounds ridiculous when talking about ordering concealer. But it's true!

Since I never received tracking, I asked for them to refund my entire order. They did that yesterday. Today I got my order, I messaged them to see if they wanted me to send it back and they said to keep it. Seems like this warehouse move is costing them way too much money.

Since I never received tracking, I asked for them to refund my entire order. They did that yesterday. Today I got my order, I messaged them to see if they wanted me to send it back and they said to keep it. Seems like this warehouse move is costing them way too much money.
Yeah, I think it is definitely costing them a lot - but they are handling the problems really well, at least. If they were having these problems and handling it poorly, they'd be driving away all their future customers, true...at least they are handling it well and can hopefully recover from it once they sort out their warehouse issues.

Well I heard back from Christine for the email I sent them yesterday.

One order is being packed and shipped today, supposedly, and I got the email with the tracking number.  

The other one, I wont be receiving, except the men's pick two that was ordered with it, which she gave me the tracking number for.  

The face oil I ordered (Nyakio kola nut that got sent just last month in the boxes!) she said " It appears we are having some issues with the item being received at our warehouse, so for the time begin the item has been taken down from our site."

Okay, fine, warehouse issue shit again.  It has been a month already!  When will it be straightened out?  What will it be next?  It isn't like this face oil was so amazing and everybody loved it and they can't keep it on the shelves.  Most people didn't like it.  It is a brand new product they just sampled.  What is the point of sampling products if they can't get them to sell in the shop.  Has this been listed in stock for sale a whole month now, and they've had none to send, or are they not able to move it from one warehouse to the new one?  I'm sure the company of the product would be glad to know the crap they're pulling and not actually getting the product sold.  

It defeats the point of buying a discovery service box, if I have to go elsewhere to then buy the products I discover I love.  How am I supposed to believe they'll have anything else in the following months when I like something?  Ya know?  

Needless to say, I'm getting a refund on this order.  I used the points from this order towards reaching 100 to use on my next order that I am receiving... so I wonder if they're going to take away those points, plus what I got for this order?  Whatever.. I guess.. I just want my money back.  I'm so miffed, and mostly because it took them 4 days to even tell me the product isn't available, when it was supposed to be shipped within 2 days.  Were they "ever" going to tell me?  She didn't even offer me points for the trouble on it!  She gave me points for a complaint about a previous order (two orders made same time, one on each of my accounts, one account got 100 points for the trouble, the other was ignored), but nothing on this current problem so far.  Unless she offers it when she gives my refund.  They're so inconsistent with how they handle things. 

I kind of regret signing up for a third box now.  I think I'll wait for the first box with the free necklace, get my review points, buy something to reach 100 points, cash it out on a gift card and close the account out.  No point in getting 3 boxes with all this mess going on, and it doesn't sound like it'll be fixed in the next month at the rate they're going. 

you can cash out your points on a gift card?  I did not know that!!
It is sending a gift card to another account (myself), that I pay for with points... So when my second account gets 100 points, I go to gift cards--by email gift cards-- then select the amount and put in that it is a gift from me, to me on my other account email.  Then at checkout I pay for the gift card with my 100 points, and my account I send it to gets an email with the gift card number that I can use on that main account.  

I've cashed points onto gift cards to the same account, too. I've discovered sending the gift card from one email to another tends to make them go "under review," but when I send the gift card to and from the same email, they go immediately without being reviewed.

you can cash out your points on a gift card?  I did not know that!!
Tip: if you have enough points for at least $35 worth of gift cards (so, because points work in $10 increments, $40 worth of gift cards) you can add a pick 2 :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not sure if that's supposed to happen, but the system accepts it and they will mail you a pick 2! 

Latest posts

Back