Birchbox Shipping/OOS/Warehouse Issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've cashed points onto gift cards to the same account, too. I've discovered sending the gift card from one email to another tends to make them go "under review," but when I send the gift card to and from the same email, they go immediately without being reviewed.
I wonder what makes them go "under review"?  I've always sent mine from my second account/email, to my main account/email, and have never had them go under review, they always show up immediately.  Of course, now that I say that, my next wont, LOL.  

So birchbox is apparently sending me a full size Tocca Giulietta perfume ($68) and a full size tenoverten nail polish ($18) for screwing up my in full bloom box, and gave me 100 points. However this was after a few phone calls and some not that great customer service. I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet though, so we'll see what happens. I'm really curious to see if they end up really giving me the full size perfume! You guys have said this before, and I'll say it again, their warehouse issues must be costing them a shit ton of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
After telling me multiples times on Thursday that my order was being packed 'right now' and would be sent overnight...I just got an email that it's out of stock & they're refunding me.

I am waiting to see if my order is FINALLY sent on Monday (tomorrow).  This is crazy.  They really really need to be transparent now.  More people are willing to bad mouth a company then rave about one.  If they were more open and honest I could give them some slack.  BUT don't make pie-crust promises to me. 

LOL I just got my third Amika mask in the mail, after they refunded me because it was 'out of stock.'

Well I got my big order I placed last week and I expected to be missing items, but to my surprise, it was all there. However, they got the ONE item I wanted to order wrong. I ordered the 3oz flask to say "Salut!" but I got the one that says "To My Health." Ugh.

I was going to email them and ask to switch it out but my hubby said I'm being too high maintenance about it and convinced me not to. Whatever.

How is quality control that difficult!?!?

Well I got my big order I placed last week and I expected to be missing items, but to my surprise, it was all there. However, they got the ONE item I wanted to order wrong. I ordered the 3oz flask to say "Salut!" but I got the one that says "To My Health." Ugh.

I was going to email them and ask to switch it out but my hubby said I'm being too high maintenance about it and convinced me not to. Whatever.

How is quality control that difficult!?!?
That flask is nice!  I definitely would want to receive the one I ordered though; I don't think that is high maintenance at all.  I think you should email them about it!

I am so glad that I found this forum because I am beyond frustrated at this point and I'm at a loss of what to do.

I got hooked on Beauty Protector's products after my mom gave me some of their shampoo and leave in conditioner. I don't know what kind of voodoo is in their products but I love what it does for my hair and I haven't seen it sold anywhere else. So, I placed my first order with BirchBox of the Beauty Protector trio on 4/29 and I was super psyched because I got it for 20% off and free shipping. Score! A couple of days go by and no shipping confirmation. My mom had warned me that sometimes it takes forever for them to ship out their stuff so I tried to patient. A week later I e-mail their customer service because my order was still listed as being processed and I wanted to know what was up. A customer service rep responds with the same thing that they've told you guys, "Oh, we're changing warehouses but I promise it'll be sent out in a day or two. Here's some free points!"

Okay, cool, that sucks but I get it. I wish I had been given some sort warning but whatever. A couple of days go by and still nothing so I tried to call their customer service line this morning. I call and all reps are busy. I'm given a canned message to e-mail their customer service and there is no option to stay on the line to wait for a rep which seems absolutely bizarre. Instead I get forwarded to what I think is a voicemail. Am I the only one that this happened to...?

I send them another e-mail and I'm told that my order is packed and ready to be shipped but they're still having issues. If I'd like, they might be able to cancel the order and refund me for my purchase but it should be shipped out soon. I respond that no, I do not want to cancel my order but could I please have an exact date as to when it'll be shipped out and if it would be possible for them to expedite it since I've been waiting almost two weeks at this point. I go back and forth with the rep and she keeps ignoring my question about when they're going to ship it. Finally she tells me that she's going to try to make sure that it gets shipped out this week but they can't expedite the shipping because it's considered hazmat. Are you freaking kidding me? I've worked at UPS in their offices and I've had the pleasure of sitting through hazmat training. It is shampoo, conditioner, and a pump bottle of leave in conditioner. There is nothing that's pressurized or flammable so please explain to me what is hazmat.

I'm about to lose my damn mind. I really love Beauty Protector but this is so stupid and I am extremely hesitant to order from BirchBox again. I'm spending the next four months in Alaska and I thought I could save some space in my luggage by ordering personal care products and sending them ahead of time. I guess that isn't happening since I'm flying out on Friday and I doubt it'll get there by then.

I'd really like to talk to an actual rep on the phone so I'm going to try calling again in the morning. Hopefully I'll be able to get through. Seriously, did anyone else have problems contacting their customer service on the phone? This is so ridiculous. I've been toying with getting a BirchBox subscription but that is not happening after this.

I am ticked…10days after I ordered something for 2 day shipping.  Here is my e-mail - i hope it goes to another rep.  I will ask to go up the ladder if I have to.

To Whom This May Concern:
Below is the order I placed and 5/2 with 2 day air shipping (Free).  I used 800 points and therefore final order cost: $0.00.  After the order did not move, I contacted your company - I was told that the new warehouse needed my address verified. (I have been with BB for a least 2 years + now).  The order was replaced but without the free 2 day.  I e-mail to find out why to have the order replaced again with the new shipping.  It's been 10+ days since I ordered with the free shipping.  I have copies of the past e-mails sent about this order if you wish to see them I can forward them over to you.

Order # Date Ship To Order Total Order Status
105376618 5/8/14 "Deleted" $0.00 Processing View Order · Reorder

105366237 5/7/14 "Deleted" $0.00 Processing View Order · Reorder  

105309333 5/2/14 "Deleted" $0.00 Processing View Order · Reorder 

Everything I ordered was in stock per the website.  If my order cannot be shipped within 2 days I want a follow up e-mail with valid reason why it could not be shipped  and my points reimbursed.   I have never had such difficulty with an order. I am rather disappointed right now.  I know that I am not the only one having issues as others on MakeUPTalk.com report having shipping issues and things not being sent.  If there is a larger issue, we would like to be told so that you all don't have to deal with us complaining.  
I hope that you understand.  Thank you for your time.
Kait

Soo, my April box had a Paula's Choice that leaked ALL over, I emailed CS on April 16th, said they'd send a replacement box, great. April 30th, no sign of any tracking email or box, emailed CS again. Oh oops, no box was sent, they promise me they are sending a replacement, but don't have tracking number (say they will get back with me in 48 hours if a box CAN'T be sent otherwise rest assured box is on it's way). Today, May 12th, I get an email, oh sorry we ran out of April boxes, but you'll get June's box free and 100 sorry points. I am UPSET, I should have got 100 sorry points right away and a darn box should have been sent on the 16th of April!!! I am feeling like a free box and 100 sorry points isn't enough at this point. They are really having issues...

I don't even know what's going on with my order anymore. 

Got an email over the weekend that said it was out of stock so they were refunding me and then they refunded me incorrectly. 

Got an email today saying it was out of stock and they'll be sending it as soon as it's available again. 

So.. I don't know if I'm getting a refund or a super delayed order? Kind of annoyed that no one responded to my e-mail, when I know people got responses to emails they sent today about boxes. 

I got my order from 5/1.   And the replacement order as well!!  So, now I have two of everything - they did state I could keep them.  It is good that I can always use shower gel, lotion, nailpolish remover and tea.

@@easybreezy Thanks for the reply. I took your suggestion and went ahead and emailed them, and while I tried to be nice, I was frustrated and let it shine through.

I basically told them they screwed up yet again, but I'm keeping the mess up because sometimes it's better to appreciate getting the wrong item vs never getting an item at all, and considering all the recent warehouse problems, I was convinced returning to flask would leave me totally empty handed.

I hope they at least consider the feedback and look into what happened. C'mon, Birchbox. All these issues are causing you to become our monthly B!tchbox. Don't do this to yourself!!

I could scream. This is going to be long.

I ordered Kind bars 4/23 (over 20 days ago). The order took forever to ship, then when they got here it was one box of 5 bars, not 15 bars. I contact them, they say they're sending them 4/28 and give me points. So now over 2 weeks and many emails later, still no bars. So today she tells me oh I can't give you any concrete info so I'll refund you and give you points. Then this spiel about having a PO box and the warehouse only being able to use UPS. Except I've gotten a few orders to my PO box in the last 2 weeks....and the "refund" is weird...79 points? The bars were $11something? Did they prorate the refund for the one box of 5 that I did receive?

My Tocca rollerball from the IFB box had chunks of crap floating in it, and a weird waxy-looking ring floating in it. Contact them, they say they'll replace it 4/28. I get an email 5/6 that it's been delayed but will ship soon. Nada. I emailed her yesterday and haven't heard back.

I make an order on 5/1. The pick two ships (to my PO box...) and I get it 5/12. Nothing at all on the full size items. Emailed 5/12 and haven't heard back.

I make an order on 5/8 and it gets here 5/12. Wth? To my PO box of course. The French Bull cutting mats were crammed into the box and both are cracked. Soooo ugggggh I had to contact them again.

Why I ordered repeatedly when I was having so many issues, I don't know lol. I really love the points program, I'm Aces so free shipping is great if it actually ships, and I like the random things BB has (like cutting mats), but I'm gonna have to shop elsewhere until they get a grip on this crap, if they ever do.

@@knightsgirl I got a super weird refund too! I ordered a $32 item with a 20% off discount... and then gave me 23 points back. I'm trying to explain to them that it SHOULD be either 1) 300 in points because that's how many I'd need to repurchase the item if it were to come back in stock or) store credit like they did last time. 

In other news, I still haven't gotten a response to my email from Saturday. Emailed again on Monday because I saw that other people were getting responses. Nothing. Called today three times & couldn't get through to anyone. Finally posted something on Twitter & BirchboxOps told me to DM them with the order number & they'd look at it. So I did that. Figured it still might take a bit for them to look into it so I took my pre-work nap (third shift!) and expected to wake up with a response. Nope, still nothing!

ALL I need to know is if it's in stock & they're shipping it or it's out of stock & they're giving me a new 'correct' refund. I got two different e-mails over the weekend with completely conflicting information & I just need to know which one is accurate. 

Anyway, I'll be calling again in the morning as soon as they open & hopefully they can get this straightened out. 

Oh man I have a doozy shipping horror story:

Ordered a bunch of stuff (Benefit Bo-Ing, the Balm Meet Matte, Nude 'Tude, Mary-Lou Manizer, How 'Bout Them Apples, Beauty Blenders) on April 23rd that came with 2-day free air shipping. April 26th I emailed about it not shipping out within the promised 2 days. Jenna was super helpful throughout this whole process by the way, she was great, the Birchbox warehouse was not. I had to email twice about it because it hadn't shipped out. Finally it did May 1st.

I check my tracking, and it says it was sent back to sender for a hazardous materials situation. I contact Jenna again, she says the Benefit Bo-Ing can't go on a plane, she orders everything for me again, with the Benefit taking the slow ground route. I finally get my order May 9th. I opened it all up and the Mary-Lou Manizer is broken. I contact again, Jenna sends me a new one. I get the replacement today and the Benefit finally showed up as well. Well the replacement Mary-Lou was also broken. At this point I'm like I'll just make do with these two broken Mary-Lou's I have now, and get a refund for it. So she refunds me for that. 

In this whole process I accrued 300 sorry points, which wasn't bad, but I'm not inclined to order anything again anytime soon.

Latest posts

Back