Birchbox Shipping/OOS/Warehouse Issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got shipping for the order I placed on 5/4. I emailed yesterday about it and the tracking email just showed up today. Hmm. Lol! At least it is on the way now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll probably hold off from placing anymore orders until things are a bit more organized though. 

An "answer" for crazy tracking on my May box:

Hi Casey, Thanks for reaching out! So sorry for the confusion! Unfortunately, we received the wrong tracking information for some of the boxes, and we are having some trouble locating the correct tracking information. So sorry for all the trouble. In investigating this further we do know that all of the boxes were shipped to the correct locations, but the tracking information that was sent out is incorrect. If you do not receive your box by Tuesday, let us know and we will be happy to help. :) In the event that you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call at 877-487-7272 M-F from 9a-5p EST, and we would be more than happy to help. Have a great day! Best, Cara
I tracked my May boxes today - 1 hasn't moved at all/was never actually accepted to USPS. The other one was delivered in Chicago yesterday (I live in the DC area). I emailed about both! I'm really not understanding what is going on here at all. AT ALL! Usually they are so well run!

To add to this thread of more BB issues - I just had an order cancelled on me.  The product was available for purchase.  There was an 'Add to Cart' Button but I didn't notice until after I ordered that it said underneath "This product is currently unavailable."  I called in asking about that and he cancelled my order, no sorry points.

I also asked about my order from 4/25.  He said he would have that shipped out immediately.  No sorry points even though it's been about THREE weeks since I ordered.  I find that when I call in and talk to a female CSR, I tend to get points when there is an issue.  The 2 times I've called in and talked to a male CSR about a similar issue, zero points.  I'm not actively looking for sorry points, I just don't like how inconsistent they are about giving them out, not just towards me but towards everyone here too.  Same with those free gifts for 1 or 2 year anniversaries or being an ACE (though they just started doing this so I'd give them some slack).  They need to enact the valentines rule from elementary school, 'either bring for all or bring none.'

Honestly, if not for the points and discounts, I'd never ever order from Birchbox especially with all of these issues.  Warehouse issues for a HUGE MAJOR company for a week or two I'd understand, but it's been about two months now.  If a company this big can't handle a simple warehouse relocation, I wouldn't want to deal with them.  I'd rather use companies like Amazon.  I've never had issues like this with any other major retailer where they don't contact me over OOS items.  It's very frustrating that I have to call BB to see if my order is going through and being shipped out.  I have to call them when there's no movement for an order after a week or two or three.  Their confirmation page that says orders ship out in 2 business days is false .  When my order is delayed with Amazon, I get an email.  If it's OOS, I get an email.  Items ship the same day or the next day if I order too late (when fullfilled by Amazon).  Even when it's not fullfilled by Amazon my items are shipped within a day.  The same is true for just about every retailer out there.  I just can't understand why Birchbox can't stay ontop of their orders.  Is it really that hard to use an automated program that will email people if their order is OOS or delayed?  Birchbox's point reward system is their only saving grace for me.

To add to this thread of more BB issues - I just had an order cancelled on me.  The product was available for purchase.  There was an 'Add to Cart' Button but I didn't notice until after I ordered that it said underneath "This product is currently unavailable."  I called in asking about that and he cancelled my order, no sorry points.

I also asked about my order from 4/25.  He said he would have that shipped out immediately.  No sorry points even though it's been about THREE weeks since I ordered.  I find that when I call in and talk to a female CSR, I tend to get points when there is an issue.  The 2 times I've called in and talked to a male CSR about a similar issue, zero points.  I'm not actively looking for sorry points, I just don't like how inconsistent they are about giving them out, not just towards me but towards everyone here too.  Same with those free gifts for 1 or 2 year anniversaries or being an ACE (though they just started doing this so I'd give them some slack).  They need to enact the valentines rule from elementary school, 'either bring for all or bring none.'

Honestly, if not for the points and discounts, I'd never ever order from Birchbox especially with all of these issues.  Warehouse issues for a HUGE MAJOR company for a week or two I'd understand, but it's been about two months now.  If a company this big can't handle a simple warehouse relocation, I wouldn't want to deal with them.  I'd rather use companies like Amazon.  I've never had issues like this with any other major retailer where they don't contact me over OOS items.  It's very frustrating that I have to call BB to see if my order is going through and being shipped out.  I have to call them when there's no movement for an order after a week or two or three.  Their confirmation page that says orders ship out in 2 business days is false .  When my order is delayed with Amazon, I get an email.  If it's OOS, I get an email.  Items ship the same day or the next day if I order too late (when fullfilled by Amazon).  Even when it's not fullfilled by Amazon my items are shipped within a day.  The same is true for just about every retailer out there.  I just can't understand why Birchbox can't stay ontop of their orders.  Is it really that hard to use an automated program that will email people if their order is OOS or delayed?  Birchbox's point reward system is their only saving grace for me.
this. all of this. i agree that the point system is the only reason why me, you and lots of other people are still here...

I keep waiting for the kinks in their warehouse issues to smooth out, because it does happen. But to go on for two months is just unacceptable. I think because I'm at a comfortable stopping point in my sub (only have 60 points right now) I'm just going to quietly cancel and see how things go for them. If there's something I really want that's being sent out to everyone one month, I'll jump in for that month.

@@Angelalh I got that same "info." The problem with that is that orders *are* coming to my PO box (when they actually ship, still nothing on the order I made 5/1...). About a month ago I made an order and they sent it UPS but UPS sent a postcard to my PO box and I called and gave UPS my physical address and they delivered it the next day. I'm so irritated with BB. I've racked up $50 in points with this warehouse/shipping bs, but I don't even want to order anything because it'll just be more irritating issues to deal with for weeks on end.
so today i emailed them asking to refund my order and ill just re-order after they get all the kinks worked out....

an hour later they sent me a your order has shipped email

try doing that!!! lol

so today i emailed them asking to refund my order and ill just re-order after they get all the kinks worked out....

an hour later they sent me a your order has shipped email

try doing that!!! lol
Ha! Maybe I should too. Going on a week now.

Joey got back to me and gave me a tracking code. And it is magically going to be delivered today.  After the last e-mail I sent she went to actually figure out why it hadn't been sent.  HOWEVER, the thing I really wanted to try was the Tokyo-Milk  product, which for some reason wasn't shipped.  She told me that if it couldn't be sent by a reasonable time or at all that she would reimburse me. 

My concern with the future:  what if this is a sign? That the new warehouse will actually be really horrible and that this isn't the end of our shipping woes…? Follow me?

Joey got back to me and gave me a tracking code. And it is magically going to be delivered today.  After the last e-mail I sent she went to actually figure out why it hadn't been sent.  HOWEVER, the thing I really wanted to try was the Tokyo-Milk  product, which for some reason wasn't shipped.  She told me that if it couldn't be sent by a reasonable time or at all that she would reimburse me. 

My concern with the future:  what if this is a sign?? That the new warehouse will actually be really horrible and that this isn't the end of our shipping woes… Follow me?
Oh, then I suspect they will loose a lot of business.  They must know this already though.  Hopefully they can get things straightened out!

Slightly off-topic, but is anyone having trouble with gift certificates? When I tried to use some on a purchase today, both codes said invalid. This happened to me about a month ago and CS couldn't explain it but gave me store credit in the same value. I've been trying to call today to get it handled, but apparently they are very busy this morning, as I keep getting the automated reply message.

I have multiple accounts and love to roll my points into gift cards so I can use them on larger purchases, but if it's going to be so much trouble, I may have to figure out a different plan.

I keep waiting for the kinks in their warehouse issues to smooth out, because it does happen. But to go on for two months is just unacceptable. I think because I'm at a comfortable stopping point in my sub (only have 60 points right now) I'm just going to quietly cancel and see how things go for them. If there's something I really want that's being sent out to everyone one month, I'll jump in for that month.
This! I felt nothing cancelling my account this morning.

Slightly off-topic, but is anyone having trouble with gift certificates? When I tried to use some on a purchase today, both codes said invalid. This happened to me about a month ago and CS couldn't explain it but gave me store credit in the same value. I've been trying to call today to get it handled, but apparently they are very busy this morning, as I keep getting the automated reply message.

I have multiple accounts and love to roll my points into gift cards so I can use them on larger purchases, but if it's going to be so much trouble, I may have to figure out a different plan.
Huh. I had this problem last night, but I also had a bunch that were used up, so I chalked it up to having used them already even though they were showing as invalid and not with a zero balance like the other. I'll have to dig them out again and email Birchbox tonight to see what's going on!

As of a bit ago, my box tracking information still showed no movement since being created on the 10th, so I called to find out why, and wouldn't you know, it suddenly is now showing my box JUST shipped today from Indiana. Six days later, it's shipped. Considering it generally takes 6-8 days to get to me, I figure I'll see it just before June.

Another package I received Monday had the incorrect item it in. When I emailed to tell them to get it together, they put the correct item in the mail for me but didn't give a tracking number. They also sent me a return label for the incorrect item and asked for it back (reasonable), but I refuse to return it until I have my replacement in hand.

Just an update, I made an order on the 16th and they finally shipped it on the 22nd. The tracking says I will get it on Thursday, next week. Here's hoping they sent me a stellar pick two for the long wait. Heck, who am I kidding? I will be lucky to get my complete order with nothing missing. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Huh. I had this problem last night, but I also had a bunch that were used up, so I chalked it up to having used them already even though they were showing as invalid and not with a zero balance like the other. I'll have to dig them out again and email Birchbox tonight to see what's going on!
Not sure if this is helpful, but I had some difficulty getting my GC codes to work, on my order. Eventually I figured out that the computer had added a space before and after the code, and after I deleted the spaces, the codes worked just fine. I didn't highlight spaces when I was copying, so I don't know why it was doing that.

As of a bit ago, my box tracking information still showed no movement since being created on the 10th, so I called to find out why, and wouldn't you know, it suddenly is now showing my box JUST shipped today from Indiana. Six days later, it's shipped. Considering it generally takes 6-8 days to get to me, I figure I'll see it just before June.

Another package I received Monday had the incorrect item it in. When I emailed to tell them to get it together, they put the correct item in the mail for me but didn't give a tracking number. They also sent me a return label for the incorrect item and asked for it back (reasonable), but I refuse to return it until I have my replacement in hand.
Wow, they asked for it back? I guess it depends on what it was, but I am a little surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
My May shipping hadn't updated since I got the email that it "shipped" on Sunday. I emailed them today asking if they could see tracking info on their end since I knew the tracking was acting funny this month. well I just looked at the tracking again and magically it shows that it shipped from GA YESTERDAY and it's in transit. But come on. 6 days to ship?? laaame.

Just an update, I made an order on the 16th and they finally shipped it on the 22nd. The tracking says I will get it on Thursday, next week. Here's hoping they sent me a stellar pick two for the long wait. Heck, who am I kidding? I will be lucky to get my complete order with nothing missing. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Not sure if this is helpful, but I had some difficulty getting my GC codes to work, on my order. Eventually I figured out that the computer had added a space before and after the code, and after I deleted the spaces, the codes worked just fine. I didn't highlight spaces when I was copying, so I don't know why it was doing that.

Wow, they asked for it back? I guess it depends on what it was, but I am a little surprised.
It was the Izola 3oz flask, so I don't mind sending it back if I get the correct one. But my email to them wasn't even to request the correct one but to just bring it to their attention. Instead of asking what I wanted, they just responded to say they mailed the correct one and to return the wrong one.

I was wanting to be able to use my new flask this weekend but because I have to return this one, I can't. I would have just kept the wrong one to be able to have one to use. Oh well. Whatever. Still waiting for the right one to come in.

It was the Izola 3oz flask, so I don't mind sending it back if I get the correct one. But my email to them wasn't even to request the correct one but to just bring it to their attention. Instead of asking what I wanted, they just responded to say they mailed the correct one and to return the wrong one.

I was wanting to be able to use my new flask this weekend but because I have to return this one, I can't. I would have just kept the wrong one to be able to have one to use. Oh well. Whatever. Still waiting for the right one to come in.
Ohhhh, okay that makes sense. I was imagining them asking you to return a hairbrush or lip product. lol

Placed an order 8 days ago, finally just got an email this morning saying they shipped it (aka just created a shipping label, not actually shipped) but they are out of stock of men pick twos so they have me a 100 points.

I ordered a second birchbox subscription during the Kate Spade Saturday offer. My box and necklace were delivered yesterday somewhere in Oregon. I live in Maryland. I would really like my boxes. I emailed Birchbox and I'm waiting on a reply. 

I ordered a second birchbox subscription during the Kate Spade Saturday offer. My box and necklace were delivered yesterday somewhere in Oregon. I live in Maryland. I would really like my boxes. I emailed Birchbox and I'm waiting on a reply. 
They had issues with tracking numbers this month. So you should still get your box, there's just no way to track it. 

Latest posts

Back