Small Girls or Big Lies?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see alot of girls posting online, on many many websites claiming to weigh so little.....lots of women tall women from their photos and features claim to weigh only 102 to 105 pounds....YIKES! Personally i weigh about 120 pounds but i am only 5'2 too. I think if these women really weighed what they say they would look hiddeous, and i'm sure if the guys pay attention and think about it they would might think so too...? How tall is everyone and how much does everyone weigh.....honestly!?

I am sure a lot of women do lie, heck people cant see them. I dont mean on this forum, b/c I dont think anyone is in need to impress anyone. Places like instant messages, I tell the truth, I dont care. I am 5'6 and 125. I have lied about boob size though, heehee, but just to hornball guys that message me and will never know the truth anyway. Four years ago I weighed 150, and I didnt lie about that, I dont think its big honestly. I didnt diet to lose the weight, but I had gotten down to 110 from depression. I think I am ok looking now. Honestly I dont care how much I weigh. I have really small bones so I think that is why.

5'5" and 125, honestly. I'm small but not thin, I have pudge but not enough to be chubby.

I like to eat and when I find something good, I eat as much as I can. I'm not ashamed of that at all. As much as I'd love to be thin and muscled, I don't want to live in constant restriction since I think it makes even simple things like going to grocery shop a freakin chore.

We went for Thai tonight and I had this great tofu dish with coconut milk and peanut sauce... I ate almost all of it and it was WONDERFUL. I'll never give that up nor will I let "society" make me feel bad about it.

So I can't wear a bikini to the beach or a shirt that shows my belly, it's just not all that important.

;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Wow. It's nice to hear such honesty from someone who truly knows how to enjoy life and food, Tonya....it reminds me of one of Kerry's (Kittyskyfish) posts about these women's mags who have the "weight loss miracle ladies" right next to a picture of a big cake (I think it was like..What's up with that?) and then her saying that if she had a magazine cover it would read something like..Butter, Butter, the perfect food..goes with everything....ROTFLMAO.!!:icon_chee

From 150 to 110?? Did I read that right? This sounds so much like me. I have the tendency to yo-yo as well...and I got down to 111 from depression...but only got up to 137. My "ideal" goal is 119, but at 41, I don't know. I have never dieted in my life, don't believe in them (see my other, new thred "The eat right for your blood type diet)...but I just don't feel good if I weigh too much. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Who knows. Weight is not just "fat" on the body, but muscle mass and composition and bone structure and weight. There are so many factors that go into weight, that it's impossible to tell exactly what weight someone is.

I'm 5'6" and when I weighed 125, I looked gaunt. In fact, when I am at my healthiest, toned, and happiest weight, I am (naturally) 130. A few pounds under that and my cheecks sink in...makes me look very sick. I gained 35 pounds over the past year (*sigh* I need to get back to the gym) and so I'm not too thrilled with my weight now...but I don't LOOK like I weigh as much as I do. My body distributes everything evenly (no favorites here, LOL). But, in this day and age, a lot of women place their self-worth based upon the numbers on the scale. They are forgetting that it's not their weight that makes them pretty, or popular, or likable...if only they'd dig a little deeper. I totally get it though, because for 6 years I was anorexic/bulimic. Weight obsession is a horrible place to be...and you know, once you get that far, it takes lots of concious thought to get out and not fall into old patterns, again.

Elisabeth, I totally understand what you are saying about not feeling good when you weigh too much. I'm at that point now...I gained weight because of depression and what nots...and then I got depressed because I gained weight, so I gained a little more...then that turned into not having enough energy to go workout...just a vicious downward spiral...

I have found that MOST of us put our ideal "goal" way too low for our bodies. My ideal goal used to be 115. At 5'6" that shouldn't be too bad...but I just couldn't GET there without the "help". My natural weight (and this is realized by eating right and working out) stabalizes at 130. If I want to get lower than that, then I have to start cutting my food choices severely. However, when I am at 130, I am in a size 4-6. Weight has nothing to do with health. When you are healthy, you have energy and vitality that gets lost in the quest of the "perfect weight".

Sorry to ramble...I'm still tired from the busy weekend... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I weigh 105 lbs and am 5ft1,i am training in the gym to lose 5 pounds of fat and to put on 5 to 6 pounds of lean muscle.Ill be the same weight just leaner.

I have always been very petite,i dont think my frame could handle alot of wieght.

I'm 5'8" and I weight 140. I'm rather large boned and muscular naturally, so if I go 5-10 lbs lower all my bones stick out! I'm really at the lower end of healthy weight for me, so I have no reason to lie about my weight! I know that there are plenty of folks who have a smaller bone structure that can go lower, so when I see someone claiming to be 105lbs I automatically assume that they are just really petite and small boned.

I don't think the numbers can really give you a picture of what someone looks like. I only weigh 101lbs. right now at 5'2". I have had allergies for a week now and it has suppressed my appetite. I usually weigh 103lbs. I don't look too thin and most people guess me between 105-115.

I have a very small frame, when I have to have a watch or bracelet sized they are always like "you are so tiny" and they mean my bone structure.

I have a friend about my height that has a bigger bone structure and she would look too thin at my weight. She also looks better than me and more toned.

I am trying to tone up more this year and my body fat% seems to go up and down a lot. I look my best at about 18% body fat, but I am fluctuating between 20-22% right now. I have a tanita scale that measures body fat as well as weight.

I think the best thing you can do is go by the mirror or take some pics and figure out how you want to look and then work on it with sensible food choices and exercise. I have been consistent with taking care of my body for many years and that is what has kept me healthy.

It makes me very sad to see/hear about extremely thin girls and women, particularly as thinness is so ridiculously worshipped and lauded in this culture. This can only help to fuel the fire in for eating disorders for people who, for a number of reasons, are already vulnerable to them.

And extreme thinness is just so unattractive--more importantly, of course it can in rarer cases become life threatening--and anorexia always impedes and shrinks a person's quality of life. I was anorexic when I was 13 & 14, so I know just how ugly it is on the inside too--as ugly as any other disease. I remember being cold all the time, always ravenous, losing my hair, my period, my breasts, having my butt always be too bony to sit comfortably, but being always out of breath--at 59 pounds (I was just 5 feet back then)I had to be hospitalized and force-fed with an IV. The worst part I think was getting stared at, never admiringly(well of course not: I looked deformed) but as if I'd just escaped from the circus!I don't know exactly "why"I became anorexic--my older sister had been killed the year before, I'd changed schools, my parents were going through a bitter divorce--but other girls have similar situations and don't find starving to be their outlet of choice.(Or choicelesness.) So I think people are genetically bent towards it--but I do remember things like reading Vogue and staring at the skinny models, wishing I were that thin not because I thought it was such a great look, but other girls admired them so; and T.V. ads for diet Pepsi and coke, where the women looked so perfect,it was as if nothing could hurt them--and my ballet class, where it was stressed I stay very thin. And popular culture is only worse today--so much attention gets paid to these stars who lose a great deal of weight, you'd think it was some sort of gift to humanity they'd made, or medical /scientific acheivement!

Young girls are so quick to worship,and to emulate. I work with children; ones as young as 8 talk about dieting, about their favorite skinny stars, their own weight, their food intake. My heart goes out to and all around every girl/woman I see in the terrible lifeless limbo of anorexia nervosa, and to those just starting out in this world paved with such obssession with weight and appearance--I fear for them. I wish so much I could protect them! Everyone.(I have 2 borderline anorectic friends, can just watch as they suffer, basically.)It makes you feel so helpless, and so angry with our society's pinnacles of perfection and beauty. Why is "perfection"even a mortal quest at all?

Well--sorry for this long post, it just triggered a lot of feelings I have about a society where health is not the goal and ideal(for many)but painful thinness is.

Off the soapbox!

My sister in law has an eating disorder, she is slim and she thinks she looks HOT. She claims she doesnt have that sickness anymore but I'm not sure about that. I am 5'4 and I weigh 117, I could definitely use some exercise to gain more muscle.

Elizabeth, I can't believe you remembered that post! :icon_lol: Yeah, Woman's World caters to those who have a poor idea of what a healthy body is all about. But I *am* all about butter! :icon_love Just had some on whole wheat toast.

Right now I'm out-of-shape and trying to get back into building better muscle-tone and lowering my body fat. I spent too many years just relaxing and being generous with food. My body is not heavy, just the wrong ratio of fat and muscle. So...I'm 5' 5" and 129 lbs. I've been measuring and my hips are 38.5", waist 28" and boobs are 35.5". No pics...soooorrrry. :icon_redf

Now, in comparison I'm posting a pic of myself during a period when I was working out 4x per week, mostly with weights. Here, I weighed 124 lbs: FOUR POUNDS LESS. Hips were 35.5", waist 24.5" and boobs 34". I remember my stats because I ordered that swimsuit and I needed measurements.

Believe me, weight can be very misleading!

I weigh in at 117 (give or take a couple pounds depending on what I ate that day) I am 5'4 and I've always been pettite and I know that's how it was meant to be cuz both my Mom and Dad are small. I wish I could develop more muscle though! I've also noticed that since I've been into my mid twenties, my mis-section has 'filled out' quite a bit and I can't eat whatever I want to like I used to or my tummy gets bloated and hangs over my jeans!...LOL!

I've started this year out trying to eat right and I feel much better even if it doesn't show all that much, I feel less bloat which is good!

Well I weighed myself yesterday at 7st7 and 3/4, which is about 109 pounds I think? I'm about 5'5". I dont put ANY weight on my top half and I hate it because my body looks so bony and unhealthy on top no matter what, my legs are really nice and full though! Ah bodies, what they like eh? They dunno what theyre doin I swear!

I don´t understand it either...what is it about a stupid number on a scale? ok if you don´t feel good in your skin that´s another topic. but seriously, 5 pounds more or less don´t make such a big change

and lying about your weight? I don´t get it either

I´m between 5`6 and 5`7 and I think I way around 120 pounds (I step on a scale like maybe once every two months) and it honestly doesn´t matter to me how much I weigh. I´d actually like to put on a few pounds in the right places, but I can´t seem to put on weight.

it´s in my genes though, my mum (47) has the same clothes size as me and never exercised or been on a diet. I´m thankful for that :icon_bigg

I think you can be too thin though. I was looking at some clothing online at the Neiman Marcus site. Some of the models look painfully thin. I do think there should be a responsibility of the photographers and model agents to encourage a healthy look.

It's interesting that the more expensive the clothing is the thinner the models are. Is there more pressure among the rich to be extremely skinny?

I am 5'5, and I weigh 122lbs, give or take a few pounds. Starting tomorrow, i am beginning my exercise program. I have gained like 10lbs during christmas holidays, so I would like to at least exercise, I am working on my tummy and my calves and thighs. I dont want to do cardio, because i have gotton a little bustier (i am still an A, or maybe a small B) so I would like to keep that. I too, was anorexic at 12,13, and 14, not all the time tho. I did binge though, so i never got really skinny, and after I binged, i tried to throw it up, but i never could because i have no gag reflexes, but didnt know it at that time, so i never got painfully skinny, but i had teachers call home in elementary school concered that I wasnt eating.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share my story!

Okay here i go...and i am not lying. I weigh 80 pounds and i am 5'2. I am 22 years old and over the last year i lost 10 pounds. I think from stress of school, work and extra curricular activities. I rarely work out. I was only 90 pounds for a year but for some reason (metabolism) I always stay slim and i do not have an eating disorder. It runs in my family but after the age of 25 I should pack on a few pounds because thats how it went for my rents and siblings. I, however, do not think i look disgustingly skinny. I love me for me and if I gain a few more pounds i would be exremely happy but this is me for now.

Kerry....You look awesome in this pic. I know I'm prone to exageration (sp)..but this time I'm not kidding. I once met a lady who worked in a factory making margarine. She told me "always eat real butter...you don't even want to know what goes into margarine." I'm a big butter fan, too.

Back