Small Girls or Big Lies?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm much bigger than usual at the mo. Well much bigger than i was all my life up until 2 years ago. I got lazy, stopped exercising and ate crap so now i'm 5"7.5 and i weigh about 154lbs. Most of that is fat but i dont mind admitting it because i think that will motivate me to lost weight! I've started on a healthy eating plan today so hopefully i'll post back here in 6 months and my stats will be way different!

I'm 5'6'' and at the moment weigh 142lbs. I was 125 for years, and that would be my ideal weight really. When I went backpacking for a year, I came back weighing 115 and all my friends and family thought I looked too thin. I put on a bit to get back to my usual but it never stopped going on and now I'm 142 which is too much for me really. I'd like to get down to 130ish.

Well as of right now, I weigh 128.4 (yes, I'm precise), and I'm 5'2". I am on a rigorous diet and exercise program in the attempt to get down to 115, so I hope that in the next couple of weeks, that number will be lower (yay!). I have quite a bit of muscle on me, so I look a lot smaller than what my weight is, but I LOVE my muscle and work hard for it, so I don't care that the scale shows that number!! And besides, I gained 75 pounds when I was pregnant, so after being over 200 pounds, and now being back in the 120's; it feels marvelous!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm 5'6'' and 129 lbs. I've come along way. I've lost 60 lbs since my daughter was born. I fluctuate between 125-130.

Okay. I understand where you're coming from but being small doesn't necessarily mean you look creepy. I AM a very small woman but I don't feel that I look all that unattractive, though I kind of wish I had more up top:icon_redf

No lies! Promise!

IbmPcCamera-243.jpg

This is the trouble with the internet, unfortunately. Anyone can be anything they want to be and if they're good liars, who's to know? But that's just it! If someone lies about who they are, that's their problem! If someone lies about who they are to impress or intimidate, they're probably pretty unhappy people to being with. But yes. It's annoying. And frankly, I try not to let the industry tell me what I find attractive. I find women with curves very, very appealing and often look at pretty curves and wish they were mine. But I also find thin women attractive too. Basically, when a woman is at the weight she's meant to be, she looks her best. Some women are just thin. And if it's natural, it's beautiful. Because she's herself.

love Thumbelina

PS, I'm about five five and I have no idea what I weigh. My doctor is the only one in my life with a scale.

Yeah I went from 150 something to around 110 in under 3 months. Not from an eating disorder, its a long story, but I had severe depression, so if I ate, I would throw up anyway, I coudlnt hold it down. I have always had depression, but those few years were the worst. I did so many things to try to take the pain away. Now I eat like a normal person, I dont know why I am not bigger than I am, as much as I eat, maybe b/c after that drastic weight loss I get full easier. Also I dont drink anymore, that probably has a lot to do with it. Therapy and different meds have greatly helped me, also support groups, real life and some online ones. Maybe one day I will share the story, I know there has to be others on here who have gone through similar things.

I'm 5'6 and I weigh 140lbs; I would like to lose 10lbs though and be 130lbs like I used to be before I ever had kids.

I'm finally back down to 122. I'm 5'6" and after 2 kids, I also got stuck with about 10 pounds to lose. Somehow, with stress and just being crazy busy, I lost it. Now, I'd like to integrate exercise into my life to increase my stamina and improve my health. Getting back into a bikini this year would be nice, too....

hmmm... i don't know. most things online i take with a grain of salt. but there are all kinds of body types, so you never know.

Me too.

Im 4 ft 11.5 :icon_redf gawd I wish I was taller so much and I weigh 7st I think thats about 98lbs I certainly don't think I look thin and despite the fact Im totally happy with my size I really wish I had bigger hips actually I wish I had hips fall stop and I also wish my boobs were bigger too but I guess being so short both would probably not look right. Im naturally very small framed and never weighed more than about 8st (at which point I actually felt to big). The only thing I really hate with being the size I am is trying to get jeans/skirts etc tops are fine but when it comes to clothes for my buttom half its a real problem as the smallest size in the UK is a 6 and some times that can be too big :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really dont get the big deal with weight anyway as long as you are happy with yourself it doesn't matter but the media today seem to make it such an issue :icon_roll

I'm 5'7 1/2 and 145 lbs, basically ideal weight by the doc after years of being told I was underweight all my life. So now I'm ideal weight I feel yucky and blubby all the time. I'm happy w/ my weight but not my body, I mean how untoned I am .....I wear all my blub in my tummy. Cardigans and tops I can layer are my best friends. I do still wear a bikini but I really shouldn't, or maybe i'm on the last year. I'm sort of one of these people I call "skinny fat". Like you look thin and everyone tells you you're thin but you let yourself go so much that when you take your clothes off or get into a swimsuit and its not good. I have an extra 2" probably more on my tummy that is just flab, to me, like 5 lbs sits there. Hangs over my pants when I sit. It's ridiculous tho If I would actually get off my ars to work out I could look the way I want. There's one benefit to these extra inches i'm carrying, last couple years I got big boobs.

I'm 5'5-5'6 (I refuse to get measured for free I'm shrinking ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) and weigh 130. I look about 10-15 lbs less than I actually weigh which is a great advantage I think. If I go any lower than 120, I look and feel horrible. I'm trying to slim down to 20% body fat, but I have curves that refuse to budge.

This thread actually brings to mind Kirstie Alley. I wish she would have admitted her true weight instead of announcing a "safe & proper weight" to the public. If she truly wanted to help people, as she claims, she would have been completely honest. Just by looking at her before pics, you could see she shaved at least 30-50 lbs off her true weight. She does look great now, though. Then again if most of us were paid to lose weight and have nothing else to do all day except for workout and have our food prepared for us, we would all look great, too. Still, good for her.

I am 5'5" and currently weigh 110 lbs -- the heaviest I've been in my life! I have a very small frame and a high metabolism, and I have only been able to gain weight the last few years, and even now I have to eat a lot of junk food to gain weight! Now I'm to the point where any extra weight I gain turns into fat on my tummy, so unless I start exercising (which I should!) to gain some muscle mass, I think I am at a healthy weight... but I would love to gain some extra weight in the hips without gaining more in the tummy so pants would fit better! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Moneeka, my first year of college I lost a lot of weight and dropped down to 92 lbs, and I couldn't figure out why -- I ate worse and exercised less than I did in high school! And at 92 lbs I looked anorexic -- you could see every bone in my body, and I hated wearing shorts, skirts, sleeveless shirts, or anything with a low neckline because I hated my skinny legs, bony collarbones, etc. I went to several doctors to check for thyroid problems and other health problems that could cause weight loss, but the doctors could never find anything wrong. After a few years I started taking allergy medication for sinus headaches, and suddenly I gained all my weight back and then some! It turns out that my body was burning every calorie it could to fight my allergies! While I still don't have a model's figure, I'm much happier with my weight now, and all my friends tell me I look so much healthier now! But if you continue to lose weight, Moneeka, it wouldn't hurt to visit a doctor, 80 lbs sounds pretty thin even for a small frame at your height!

I'm 5'11" and weight approx. 150 lbs. A lot of it is muscle and some fat on top because I havent been working out as much as I used to. With all the responsabilities of my new job I just havent had the time.

A couple of year ago, when I trained rhythmic gymnastics and I was 5'8" I weighted 99 lbs. Now, that wasnt very healthy so actually I am pretty happy with my current weight even tho it's not perfect.

I'm 5'4" and right now weigh 129 lbs, just weighed myself this morning. my weight yo-yos constantly though, it is so easy for me to gain weight, if i eat one little thing that is "unhealthy", i feel it. Yet i can lose weight like crazy too and if i stay on track and eat healthy my weight goes down quickly. i'm hoping to get to 120 and maintain it at that point

Back