FYI! Leparcel is sending out FAKE MAC

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got LeParcel cause they claimed to send out high end cosmetics and super nice jewelry and things as gifts like MAC, Chanel, BareMinerals and stuff. They have pictures of them right on their homepage! LeParcel.com

I got suckered in and bought one of their boxes, and then cancelled the minute it arrived, (they only accept paypal so it was super easy to just revoke the subscription in my paypal account)

Anyway, I got my box and dat dat da .....the items were FAKE! My first indication was the cover on my eyeshadow was slightly wobbly and the typeset wasn't perfectly perfect. (I have bought a few MAC products in my lifetime) Soooo I called MAC, and after a lengthy conversation with them, they confirmed several things for me

A, they don't work with any subscription box companies at all, ever.

B, they don't work with LeParcel and have never even heard of them, ever,

C, after I described the product to them in detail, it is definitely a FAKE. MAC does not sell flawed items, nor do they sell seconds, and anything less than perfect is destroyed.

D. Also, they confirmed the pictures on LeParcels website are fake too. 

SO FYI! LeParcel is lying and sending fake stuff!

Have you contacted LeParcel? Do they have an excuse? I definitely wouldn't let them off the hook on that one, especially considering what MAC said.

I did, and this was their response:

We purchase all of our products from the companies directly. We work with smaller companies and well known big brands as well. 

That was it! grrrr

I did, and this was their response:

We purchase all of our products from the companies directly. We work with smaller companies and well known big brands as well. 

That was it! grrrr
That's pretty infuriating. It's pretty irrelevant that they work with well known big brands, because apparently MAC is not one of them, according to MAC. 

That's pretty infuriating. It's pretty irrelevant that they work with well known big brands, because apparently MAC is not one of them, according to MAC.
And that's pretty much guaranteed to be accurate info. MAC is notorious for having really tight brand control.

Isn't le parcel a period supply box? Am I confusing it with something else?

And that's pretty much guaranteed to be accurate info. MAC is notorious for having really tight brand control.
Yep! They said they do not work with any subscription boxes, ever. So if you find any of them sending out MAC stuff, it is all fake. grrrr. 

If you're looking for an alternate sub, getjuniper.com appears to send out tampons, etc. plus snacks, but no gifts. :/

ETA: no gifts...but no fake makeup either  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're looking for an alternate sub, getjuniper.com appears to send out tampons, etc. plus snacks, but no gifts. :/

ETA: no gifts...but no fake makeup either  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Juniper closed down last November! Not sure why their site is still up though, weird. I got Bonjour Jolie for July, and they are awesome!!! BonjourJolie.com

I got LeParcel cause they claimed to send out high end cosmetics and super nice jewelry and things as gifts like MAC, Chanel, BareMinerals and stuff. They have pictures of them right on their homepage! LeParcel.com

I got suckered in and bought one of their boxes, and then cancelled the minute it arrived, (they only accept paypal so it was super easy to just revoke the subscription in my paypal account)

Anyway, I got my box and dat dat da .....the items were FAKE! My first indication was the cover on my eyeshadow was slightly wobbly and the typeset wasn't perfectly perfect. (I have bought a few MAC products in my lifetime) Soooo I called MAC, and after a lengthy conversation with them, they confirmed several things for me

A, they don't work with any subscription box companies at all, ever.

B, they don't work with LeParcel and have never even heard of them, ever,

C, after I described the product to them in detail, it is definitely a FAKE. MAC does not sell flawed items, nor do they sell seconds, and anything less than perfect is destroyed.

D. Also, they confirmed the pictures on LeParcels website are fake too.

SO FYI! LeParcel is lying and sending fake stuff!
MAC has always stated they do not sell outside of their official stores or licensed retailers (Macy for example). If you buy MAC from any other place it's almost always counterfeit.

Wow, that's crazy! And am I wrong or is selling fake makeup illegal because of copyright laws?
It's not copyright law per say but rather trafficking. The law is called Trademark Counterfeiting Act of 1984 and any company that knowingly sends out counterfeit products can not only be seriously fined but the owners of the company can also do serious jail time.

My suggestion to anyone who has recieved a MAC item from Le Parcel to not only document what the item was (with pictures) but also contact Le Parcel and request a refund and contact MAC with the pictures and information you have. MAC (Estee Lauder) WILL go after companies that ship out counterfeit products. Again it's highly illegal to traffic in counterfeit products and regardless if it was a mistake on Le Parcel's part they should NOT be sending out products unless authorized to do so. Many subscription companies do work directly with companies, many do not and I typically try to avoid those that do because many times these companies (like The Look Bag) are buying from a 3rd party vendor and maybe buying discontinued, expired or even counterfeit products.

ETA: no gifts...but no fake makeup either ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Juniper also does not work directly with companies. What they do is purchase the products in bulk then remove the items from their original POS packaging to repackage in their own bags or boxes.

Edit: Just read they closed however their subscription page is still up and you can still enter your credit card # to order. Not sure if someone is still processing credit cards or what but heads up it's still open.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Zadidoll! You explained it more eloquently than I think I ever could! 

Funny, I got a few subs that sent out MAC stuff, so I thought it was normal, now I realize after talking to MAC that the items were fake and it pisses me off more!!!

I feel like I'm constantly telling a friend or acquaintance to stop buying MAC on Ebay and discount sites like All Cosmetics Warehouse or sub boxes and it always feels like an uphill battle with a brick wall.  They should make flyers with this information so I can save my breath.

I feel like I'm constantly telling a friend or acquaintance to stop buying MAC on Ebay and discount sites like All Cosmetics Warehouse or sub boxes and it always feels like an uphill battle with a brick wall.  They should make flyers with this information so I can save my breath.
I think MAC should include a flyer with all purchases. I bought a MAC shadow on ebay once. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it was fake. I stupidly thought only China sells the fakes, so I bought it from a US seller. WRONG

I mistakenly bought a fake MAC lipstick from Beyond the Rack. I kept reading reviews saying that MAC lipsticks smelled like vanilla, and this one smelled like some cheap old smelly lipstick (not scented), so I googled, and figured out it was fake. That's how I found out that there was so much fake MAC stuff going around. OPI is another one that gets counterfeited a lot.

I mistakenly bought a fake MAC lipstick from Beyond the Rack. I kept reading reviews saying that MAC lipsticks smelled like vanilla, and this one smelled like some cheap old smelly lipstick (not scented), so I googled, and figured out it was fake. That's how I found out that there was so much fake MAC stuff going around. OPI is another one that gets counterfeited a lot.
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I haven't bought anything from BTR, but I'm on their e-mail list and occasionally tempted.

Back