tacehtpuekam

Fortune Cookie Soap: Winter Soap Box 2014

Me too. I'll stick with the box since I do like fruity scents sometimes, but I'll have to buy my winter-themed body products somewhere else, I suppose.

Me three. I'll keep the box, but after my $10 off code is used, I probably won't buy any of these scents during the general release. That's fine, Haus of Gloi can just have all my money for winter bath and body stuff.

• Like 2

Ok, thanks for your input everyone. I'm not getting the box then, just waiting for the release of the new collection. How can I get a discount code for that occasion, please?

Ok, thanks for your input everyone. I'm not getting the box then, just waiting for the release of the new collection. How can I get a discount code for that occasion, please?

They announce it during their launch party video stream, just follow their Facebook page, all the details will be there. Usually the launch party happens about 2 weeks after boxes ship, but I'm not sure of the exact date.

• Like 1

They will host a collection release live video stream the night that the collection releases. There will be a 20% off code at the end of the video. (As long as they are consistent with previous seasonal collection releases.)

ETA: Whoops, I see that Kelly Silva already responded. I have no clue how I scrolled past that.

Edited by bellatrix42
  • Like 1

I went ahead and cancelled my box.  Based on the spoilers I have  a sensitivity /allergy to an ingredient in the hydrate me and cuticle butter and don't use the OCD so I'd be getting a bunch of stuff I won't use and I am trying to cut down on my stash.

Edited by West Coast Beauty Addict

Because I'm super cheap, I usually use my $10 gift card on the wax tarts, because you can get 6 of them for $10. Not to mention each one is at least 3-4 uses. I have a burner in my bathroom and their tarts are always really high quality and smell for a long time. I usually just get the box for fun/reviewing purposes because I already have way too much stuff to spend the money on full sizes. 

This box is still up in the air for me. I won't cancel because $20 4 times a year isn't that big of a deal, not to mention the gift card. It's fun and interesting enough to make me continue getting them. Although I really hope the spring box is as nice as the one last year!

• Like 1

They will host a collection release live video stream the night that the collection releases. There will be a 20% off code at the end of the video. (As long as they are consistent with previous seasonal collection releases.)

ETA: Whoops, I see that Kelly Silva already responded. I have no clue how I scrolled past that.

They announce it during their launch party video stream, just follow their Facebook page, all the details will be there. Usually the launch party happens about 2 weeks after boxes ship, but I'm not sure of the exact date.

Thank you very much for the info.

last year's winter box - nightmare before christmas - wasn't that wintery either (at least to me)

this was my review on it last year

“Zero” Dry Shampoo.  This is supposed to smell like sweet peppermint with a hint of pumpkin, but I do not notice any smell when I shook a bit out on my hand.  So, the smell is a “0” for me.  That said, I love dry shampoos, so I will use this, scent or not.

“Sandy Claws” Exfoliating Body Butter.  Now this smells like cocoa to me!!  There is a hint of chai, but the chocolate scent is very powerful and I do not smell that chai scent at all.  This is GREAT.  It does remind me of Lush’s products.   I really want to purchase this in a full size.

“Lock, Shock and Barrel” Bath Melt.  I got Barrel’s face – he was the more intelligent of the three!   lol.  This is a great scent – pine with a spice-y undertone.  I don’t take baths, but I will see what else I can use this for.  I love the smell of this one

“Holiday Worlds” Whipped Cream Body Butter in Thanksgiving Town.  Wow – two body butters in one box!!  They are very different in their texture and application.  There were 4 scents that could be in your box this quarter – Halloween Town, Thanksgiving Town, Christmas Town and Easter Town.  Thanksgiving Town smells like a cake and according to their website, it is described as “Brown sugar dusted graham crackers, vanilla frosting, creamy caramel, and plump, juicy raisins”

“Oogie Boogie” OCD Hand Sanitizer.  There is a BUG in my sanitizer!  lol.  It looks to be a plastic spider or fly.  Not sure yet.  This product is slightly neony in color, which is cool.  Smells like berries and cinnamon. 

“What’s This?” Roll On Perfume.  This has a really nice scent, which I won’t say anymore about, as there is a contest from FCS to guess the notes in this perfume.  Nice size rollerball.

“Sally” Fortune Cookie Soap.   This is so creative – they even have a patch and whip stitching that resemble  Sally, Jack’s rag doll girlfriend.   The smell, meh.  It does smell like laundry soap!! lol  But the cookie is really sweet looking.

“Jack” Bath Fizzy.   This is a very menthol smelling bath fizzy, with a lemon undertone.

It had a lot of scents that were supposed to be associated with Christmas, but I didn't view it as a Christmas smelling box.  There was always some other scent overpowering it - or in the case of Zero - none!

The only one that came close was Lock, Shock & Barrel

• Like 1

the hydrate me's are GREAT and I love the christmas bulk shape.  Hydrate me's are better shipped in the cooler months, cause they melt like crazy in the summer.

I'll be excited if mine arrives and it's still in the bulb shape! I tried to get a couple during the summer release and when they arrived, they were liquid.  :(

I was SO hoping for a nutty smell for "squirrel!" One of my all time favorite Christmas scents is German marzipan which is a German almond paste. I think I was secretly hoping it would smell something similar to that!!!

When I think of Christmas I think of apples & cinnamon, oranges & spiced wassail, pine cones, hot chocolate, & let's not forget candy canes & sugar cookies.

What smell do you think/hope the hydrate me will be?

That German marzipan sounds amazing, Dani!! Does anyone sell a scent similar to that?

I'll be excited if mine arrives and it's still in the bulb shape! I tried to get a couple during the summer release and when they arrived, they were liquid.  :(

That German marzipan sounds amazing, Dani!! Does anyone sell a scent similar to that?

Haus of Gloi has a Marzipan butter bomb in their Yule release (whatever a butter bomb is) & there's a few indie companies out there that have Marzipan whipped soap & what-not.  I have a lot of it on my elfster wish list.  ha ha ha.

This box is shaping up to be a very "fruity" box isn't it?  They just announced the "Mele Kalikimaka" scent being a "tropical scent" which makes 5 fruity smells doesn't it?  But I'm ABSOLUTELY DYING over the "Bend Over & I'll Show You!" name for the little Christmas Tree thing they posted on Facebook.  My husband & I use that quote DAILY.  "Hey Honey, where's my hat?"  "Bend over & I'll show you!"  "Where did you put the Halloween Candy?"  "Bend over & I'll show you!"  Oh my gosh I"m going to need this little tree so I can put it in his stocking . . . . but I need it's name on it for sure!!!!  ha ha ha.

Hi Fortune Freaks! 

For those that guessed that the Mele Kelekimaka scent will be a tropical getaway in a bottle/jar/bar, AWESOME! Gosh, you all are good at this!

We thought we'd take a break from the box reveals for a little bit to show you something we've been working on for the collection that you can order at our launch party on November 21st. Meet a few of your new, "Old-Fashioned Family Christmas" bath bombs! We all recognize "Sparky" from the Hydrate Me reveal... but what's the deal with the tree? Oh sure... it's uh-door-a-bull, and we promise it smells absolutely divine, but a holiday tree? Is that a little too predictable for a winter collection?

Not when we call its scent "Bend Over and I'll Show You!"
Description: Where do you think you're going to put a tree that big? We've got an idea! ---Crisp pine needles, tart cranberries, and herbal spruce boughs topped with a hint of sweet mandarin and warmed by a touch of clove. 

"Mmmm... Looks great! Little full, lotta sap." 

Back up a second... Launch party? November whaaa?!? Yep... November 21st at 6:30pm Central Time - you are all invited to the Winter Collection launch party! 

10380762_10152759601121702_2508210692084

Edited by trekkersangel
  • Like 5

I emailed to cancel, too. I was charged a week or more ago, but this box is just... ehh. Not for me. It's looking to be almost entirely fruity scents.

@@Jen51 I would not want to use one of those and then have to wash the tub out. Hopefully the glitter doesn't stick in people's tubs!

• Like 2

Hi Fortune Freaks! 

For those that guessed that the Mele Kelekimaka scent will be a tropical getaway in a bottle/jar/bar, AWESOME! Gosh, you all are good at this!

We thought we'd take a break from the box reveals for a little bit to show you something we've been working on for the collection that you can order at our launch party on November 21st. Meet a few of your new, "Old-Fashioned Family Christmas" bath bombs! We all recognize "Sparky" from the Hydrate Me reveal... but what's the deal with the tree? Oh sure... it's uh-door-a-bull, and we promise it smells absolutely divine, but a holiday tree? Is that a little too predictable for a winter collection?

Not when we call its scent "Bend Over and I'll Show You!"

Description: Where do you think you're going to put a tree that big? We've got an idea! ---Crisp pine needles, tart cranberries, and herbal spruce boughs topped with a hint of sweet mandarin and warmed by a touch of clove. 

"Mmmm... Looks great! Little full, lotta sap." 

Back up a second... Launch party? November whaaa?!? Yep... November 21st at 6:30pm Central Time - you are all invited to the Winter Collection launch party! 

10380762_10152759601121702_2508210692084

love the last scent!

I am in the minority here - I love fruity scents and I also have learned that ages ago, people did give these tropical type fruits (like oranges, tangerines) as gifts during Christmas season - they were expensive and a treat.  So, I do not mind that they are doing this, because of the history of fruit giving at Christmas :)   As a child, my mom would always stuff a tangerine in our stockings. 

There is also some piney smells and such, so this winter box sounds so iMUCH better, imho, than last year's.  

love the last scent!

I am in the minority here - I love fruity scents and I also have learned that ages ago, people did give these tropical type fruits (like oranges, tangerines) as gifts during Christmas season - they were expensive and a treat.  So, I do not mind that they are doing this, because of the history of fruit giving at Christmas :)   As a child, my mom would always stuff a tangerine in our stockings. 

There is also some piney smells and such, so this winter box sounds so iMUCH better, imho, than last year's.  

I actually love fruity/foodie scents so I'm good with the box.  I just picture the fruits they've picked so far as being more "summer" fruits rather than winter.  I'd like to see more apples, plums, & like you said ORANGES.  I remember getting a chocolate orange in my stocking every Christmas (my mom's way of one thing taking up a LOT of space in that stocking).  Mmmm. . . that sounds good though.  Chocolate & orange?  I wonder if they'd do something like that in the box?

I am glad at least one of the products does have the Christmas tree smell.  I'm not a huge fan of pine smells, but at Christmastime, I need it.  :-)  I am excited to see the whole box in it's glory though.  My husband is obsessed with Christmas Vacation so it's been fun watching the reveals.  He starts laughing every time they reveal a name.  It's hilarious to me.  Maybe I'll actually watch it with him this year to see what all the fuss is about.

• Like 1

I'm still VERY excited about this box. Even though I didn't like some of the scents from the fall box, I still really enjoyed sampling everything. I just hope this time I'm able to buy items I like rather than having everything sell out and waiting ages for it to restock.

• Like 1

I am excited too!! I like fruity stuff and this is my first box so I have nothing to compare it to so if it sucks, my expectations will remain low!! Win win!

• Like 1

Well, it looks like I'll probably be getting a box after all, since I haven't heard back from FCS yet. I sent the email almost three full business days ago, but no reply yet. I know they're busy, but if they don't reply tomorrow, I'll miss the cancel/refund cut-off date. :unsure: Watch me wind up liking most of the stuff in the box. LoL

• Like 2

I am excited about this box, but I really wish they'd include a Personal Space in the Winter box. The last 2 years it's only been in the Fall box.

• Like 1

I spoke to Donna at FCS about my missing order yesterday.  They shipped me another one today.  It will probably arrive just before the Winter Soap Box, but I ordered There's No Place Like Home WC and it is a very Wintery scent to me anyway.  It goes nice with Oogie Boogie from last year's Winter Soap Collection.  

• Like 1

I spoke to Donna at FCS about my missing order yesterday.  They shipped me another one today.  It will probably arrive just before the Winter Soap Box, but I ordered There's No Place Like Home WC and it is a very Wintery scent to me anyway.  It goes nice with Oogie Boogie from last year's Winter Soap Collection.  

I feel the same way about There's No Place Like Home. I've been saving my soap from the Fall Box to use around Thanksgiving time!

• Like 1

My thoughts so far:

Kind of bummed that most of the scents aren't very Christmassy (SO FRUITY), but at least there are a few. SO excited for I Pledge Allegiance, Amen. :D Also pumped to try their whipped soap & deep conditioner.

• Like 1