Fortune Cookie Soap: Winter Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'm just being negative but this new spoiler sounds like pretty much every other scent FCS has, and to me it's boring...

“SQUIRREL!” Whipped Cream - Hand-made with a "special" low cholesterol recipe.

Description: A festive blend of apples, plums, and sun-ripened strawberries dancing with zests of orange and topped off with a splash of lime.
I always find scents that are just a random mix of fruits totally boring. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Plus that doesn't sound like a wintery fragrance at all, and doesn't make any sense with the theme, the name, or the season.

I'm excited for this theme, but I have to be honest, I haven't touched anything from my fall box, and I'm wondering if I should continue after this box or call it quits on this subscription. I do love the ability to sniff all the new scents so I can make a more informed purchase etc, but most of the samples that come in the box go unused by me for the most part :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybe I'm just being negative but this new spoiler sounds like pretty much every other scent FCS has, and to me it's boring...

Description: A festive blend of apples, plums, and sun-ripened strawberries dancing with zests of orange and topped off with a splash of lime.

I always find scents that are just a random mix of fruits totally boring. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Plus that doesn't sound like a wintery fragrance at all, and doesn't make any sense with the theme, the name, or the season.

I'm excited for this theme, but I have to be honest, I haven't touched anything from my fall box, and I'm wondering if I should continue after this box or call it quits on this subscription. I do love the ability to sniff all the new scents so I can make a more informed purchase etc, but most of the samples that come in the box go unused by me for the most part :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Same here. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the theme other than the name they put on it. In a Christmas/winter box I expect wintery things, and that scent sounds straight up summery. If they wanted something fruity for the box they could have gone with fruitcake, even.

Hmmm interesting. Wish it was a nutty smell instead so it would fit the theme.

I'm actually glad "Squirrel" isn't going to be a baked goods scent. I was totally expecting it to be something nutty - like walnut - incorporated into some sort of baked good. I just hope it has a true fruity scent!

That being said, I'm on the same page about it not being wintry. I just hope there's a really good christmas tree scent. I'd buy every single option in that scent because it's my all-time favorite! 

The only problem with Christmas tree scents is that usually they are not body safe. So that's why most of the ones you see are in candles only. So if we get a Christmas tree scented wax tart, I'll be thrilled, even if I don't have a warmer yet, but I plan on getting one eventually.

The only problem with Christmas tree scents is that usually they are not body safe. So that's why most of the ones you see are in candles only. So if we get a Christmas tree scented wax tart, I'll be thrilled, even if I don't have a warmer yet, but I plan on getting one eventually.
I had no idea! Shoot :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm not sure how I feel about this box yet.  I'm sure I will like a lot of the stuff and anything else can be stocking stuffers!  

I guess I'm in the minority since I don't love the theme for this box :blush:   Hopefully we'll get some wintery scents.  I do think the strait up fruit scent for Squirrel is a bit odd. 

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

image.jpg

This is cool! I have never tried a hydrate me so I'm looking forward to this :)

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

image.jpg

This is cool! I have never tried a hydrate me so I'm looking forward to this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I LOVE the Hydrate Mes! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :D

Ok, I have to ask... is the incorrect spelling of 'old fashioned' a reference to the movie..? I've seen it a billion times and I can't figure out why they keep spelling it wrong, unless their social media person just can't spell. 

ETA: Nevermind, they fixed the Facebook post that was spelled wrong, so I'm guessing it's not on purpose!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking forward to the hydrate me as well. I've bought one full size, and I really liked it. The bulb shape is adorable and I like that it's seasonally appropriate.

I was SO hoping for a nutty smell for "squirrel!" One of my all time favorite Christmas scents is German marzipan which is a German almond paste. I think I was secretly hoping it would smell something similar to that!!!

When I think of Christmas I think of apples & cinnamon, oranges & spiced wassail, pine cones, hot chocolate, & let's not forget candy canes & sugar cookies.

What smell do you think/hope the hydrate me will be?

The new product will be:

"Fried Pussy Cat" Whipped Soap!

Scent Description: Creamy whipped caramel and juicy plums play in jasmine blossoms and artisan vanilla bourbon.
Thanks for the info. I'm excited to see a new kind of product from them.

I like the cute Hydrate Me in the instagram picture. I hope it's a Christmas type scent, though.

Edit: Someone who has inside info. just said this on the facebook group: "I can't reveal the OCD scent, but it is fruity!"

I like fruity scents, but this is supposed to be a winter box, and now three out of four items we've been given some kind of scent description for are fruity. :unsure: Hopefully they still smell good. Maybe something will be orange and clove? I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think it's worth getting this box for $34? I'm in Europe...
It's good for trying out new scents, but I'm not sure if the monetary value is really there for $34, since most everything is a mini size. It does come with a code for $10 off your next purchase, which is nice, but that might barely cover your shipping for another purchase.

Have you bought anything from Fortune Cookie Soap before?

Back