Fortune Cookie Soap: Winter Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be excited if mine arrives and it's still in the bulb shape! I tried to get a couple during the summer release and when they arrived, they were liquid.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That German marzipan sounds amazing, Dani!! Does anyone sell a scent similar to that?
Haus of Gloi has a Marzipan butter bomb in their Yule release (whatever a butter bomb is) & there's a few indie companies out there that have Marzipan whipped soap & what-not.  I have a lot of it on my elfster wish list.  ha ha ha.

This box is shaping up to be a very "fruity" box isn't it?  They just announced the "Mele Kalikimaka" scent being a "tropical scent" which makes 5 fruity smells doesn't it?  But I'm ABSOLUTELY DYING over the "Bend Over & I'll Show You!" name for the little Christmas Tree thing they posted on Facebook.  My husband & I use that quote DAILY.  "Hey Honey, where's my hat?"  "Bend over & I'll show you!"  "Where did you put the Halloween Candy?"  "Bend over & I'll show you!"  Oh my gosh I"m going to need this little tree so I can put it in his stocking . . . . but I need it's name on it for sure!!!!  ha ha ha.

Hi Fortune Freaks! 

For those that guessed that the Mele Kelekimaka scent will be a tropical getaway in a bottle/jar/bar, AWESOME! Gosh, you all are good at this!

We thought we'd take a break from the box reveals for a little bit to show you something we've been working on for the collection that you can order at our launch party on November 21st. Meet a few of your new, "Old-Fashioned Family Christmas" bath bombs! We all recognize "Sparky" from the Hydrate Me reveal... but what's the deal with the tree? Oh sure... it's uh-door-a-bull, and we promise it smells absolutely divine, but a holiday tree? Is that a little too predictable for a winter collection?

Not when we call its scent "Bend Over and I'll Show You!"
Description: Where do you think you're going to put a tree that big? We've got an idea! ---Crisp pine needles, tart cranberries, and herbal spruce boughs topped with a hint of sweet mandarin and warmed by a touch of clove. 

"Mmmm... Looks great! Little full, lotta sap." 

Back up a second... Launch party? November whaaa?!? Yep... November 21st at 6:30pm Central Time - you are all invited to the Winter Collection launch party! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed to cancel, too. I was charged a week or more ago, but this box is just... ehh. Not for me. It's looking to be almost entirely fruity scents.

@@Jen51 I would not want to use one of those and then have to wash the tub out. Hopefully the glitter doesn't stick in people's tubs!

Hi Fortune Freaks! 

For those that guessed that the Mele Kelekimaka scent will be a tropical getaway in a bottle/jar/bar, AWESOME! Gosh, you all are good at this!

We thought we'd take a break from the box reveals for a little bit to show you something we've been working on for the collection that you can order at our launch party on November 21st. Meet a few of your new, "Old-Fashioned Family Christmas" bath bombs! We all recognize "Sparky" from the Hydrate Me reveal... but what's the deal with the tree? Oh sure... it's uh-door-a-bull, and we promise it smells absolutely divine, but a holiday tree? Is that a little too predictable for a winter collection?

Not when we call its scent "Bend Over and I'll Show You!"

Description: Where do you think you're going to put a tree that big? We've got an idea! ---Crisp pine needles, tart cranberries, and herbal spruce boughs topped with a hint of sweet mandarin and warmed by a touch of clove. 

"Mmmm... Looks great! Little full, lotta sap." 

Back up a second... Launch party? November whaaa?!? Yep... November 21st at 6:30pm Central Time - you are all invited to the Winter Collection launch party! 

love the last scent!

I am in the minority here - I love fruity scents and I also have learned that ages ago, people did give these tropical type fruits (like oranges, tangerines) as gifts during Christmas season - they were expensive and a treat.  So, I do not mind that they are doing this, because of the history of fruit giving at Christmas :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   As a child, my mom would always stuff a tangerine in our stockings. 

There is also some piney smells and such, so this winter box sounds so iMUCH better, imho, than last year's.  

love the last scent!

I am in the minority here - I love fruity scents and I also have learned that ages ago, people did give these tropical type fruits (like oranges, tangerines) as gifts during Christmas season - they were expensive and a treat.  So, I do not mind that they are doing this, because of the history of fruit giving at Christmas :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   As a child, my mom would always stuff a tangerine in our stockings. 

There is also some piney smells and such, so this winter box sounds so iMUCH better, imho, than last year's.  
I actually love fruity/foodie scents so I'm good with the box.  I just picture the fruits they've picked so far as being more "summer" fruits rather than winter.  I'd like to see more apples, plums, & like you said ORANGES.  I remember getting a chocolate orange in my stocking every Christmas (my mom's way of one thing taking up a LOT of space in that stocking).  Mmmm. . . that sounds good though.  Chocolate & orange?  I wonder if they'd do something like that in the box?

I am glad at least one of the products does have the Christmas tree smell.  I'm not a huge fan of pine smells, but at Christmastime, I need it.  :)  I am excited to see the whole box in it's glory though.  My husband is obsessed with Christmas Vacation so it's been fun watching the reveals.  He starts laughing every time they reveal a name.  It's hilarious to me.  Maybe I'll actually watch it with him this year to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm still VERY excited about this box. Even though I didn't like some of the scents from the fall box, I still really enjoyed sampling everything. I just hope this time I'm able to buy items I like rather than having everything sell out and waiting ages for it to restock.

I am excited too!! I like fruity stuff and this is my first box so I have nothing to compare it to so if it sucks, my expectations will remain low!! Win win!

Well, it looks like I'll probably be getting a box after all, since I haven't heard back from FCS yet. I sent the email almost three full business days ago, but no reply yet. I know they're busy, but if they don't reply tomorrow, I'll miss the cancel/refund cut-off date. :unsure: Watch me wind up liking most of the stuff in the box. LoL

I spoke to Donna at FCS about my missing order yesterday.  They shipped me another one today.  It will probably arrive just before the Winter Soap Box, but I ordered There's No Place Like Home WC and it is a very Wintery scent to me anyway.  It goes nice with Oogie Boogie from last year's Winter Soap Collection.  

I spoke to Donna at FCS about my missing order yesterday.  They shipped me another one today.  It will probably arrive just before the Winter Soap Box, but I ordered There's No Place Like Home WC and it is a very Wintery scent to me anyway.  It goes nice with Oogie Boogie from last year's Winter Soap Collection.  
I feel the same way about There's No Place Like Home. I've been saving my soap from the Fall Box to use around Thanksgiving time!

My thoughts so far:

Kind of bummed that most of the scents aren't very Christmassy (SO FRUITY), but at least there are a few. SO excited for I Pledge Allegiance, Amen. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also pumped to try their whipped soap & deep conditioner.

My thoughts so far:

Kind of bummed that most of the scents aren't very Christmassy (SO FRUITY), but at least there are a few. SO excited for I Pledge Allegiance, Amen. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also pumped to try their whipped soap & deep conditioner.
That's the one scent that I want to try, too.

I like the labels on this collection. They look so Christmassy.

All those scents sound great to me!  I'm more excited to get this box now.  Plus, I'm really happy to try some new (to me) products.

I'm so excited for the

steam me up scotty/shower steamer because I've been dying to try one ever since I started subscribing this past summer!

I am looking forward to testing out new (for me) products.  This time of year is great for a shower fizz.  It's so cold in the morning I want to stay in there forever!

Back