Fortune Cookie Soap: Winter Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to bust the shower steamer tonight. I was going to save it until I was stuffy because it seems like it would work well for that but I want to try it so bad!

My box came today!  I have to go on their site to look up some of the items since I don't know what they're for.   :blush:

Fried Pussycat is ok. I'm excited to finally try a whipped soap. The texture isn't what I was expecting (not necessarily a bad thing, just not what I was expecting!). For anyone who has indie whipped soaps..is this how they all are?
Nope not at all, like the HoG ones are really dense, but once you try to scrape some out, it sort of crunches as the air comes out. It's weird, but definitely not that soft in the jar and doesn't lose as much air, but less soft I guess.

What is the whipped soap for? Is it supposed to be a shampoo, a face cleaner, some kind of shower gel, or a hand soap? I've watched a couple unboxings on YouTube already and it's still a mystery to me. I hope I get the WC in the Jelly of the Month Club scent. That one sounds the best from the descriptions of the 4 kinds. My box is due to arrive tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the whipped soap for? Is it supposed to be a shampoo, a face cleaner, some kind of shower gel, or a hand soap? I've watched a couple unboxings on YouTube already and it's still a mystery to me. I hope I get the WC in the Jelly of the Month Club scent. That one sounds the best from the descriptions of the 4 kinds. My box is due to arrive tomorrow.
Can be used as a hand or body soap. Just a lighter texture than usual soap.

Also, if the mailman could please not lose my box and/or deliver it to the wrong house, that would be fantastic. I am so worried he's gonna lose another FCS delivery. My replacement WC from the order he lost is being held at the post office. I can pick it up in the morning. I am so excited, more about the WC than about the Soapbox right now. I think I'm gonna set up a P.O. box while I'm there. The mail hassle lately ...

my box came!!  here is my review

fcs1.png

Bend Over & I’ll Show You Whipped Cream  There were 4 different scents and I received “Bend Over & I’ll Show You”   ~Where do you think you’re going to put a tree that big?  I’ve got an idea!”  Tart cranberry, crisp pine and herbal spruce warmed by clove and a splash of sweet mandarin orange.   This is a wonderful scent ~ I can smell the cranberry and orange initially and then the pine scent just lurking underneath.   This reminds me of going out on a brisk, sunny day, with the snow all around, picking out a tree in the Christmas Tree lot.   I think out of the four scents, I got the most festive Christmas-y one.

Christmas Bonus Deep Conditioner This is a deep conditioner for the hair and FCS’s third annual mystery fragrance.   I have some ideas behind this one.  Email FCS with your best guess and the winner will received a $50.00 FCS gift certificate!

I Pledge Allegiance, Amen Shower Steamer  ~They want you to say the damn grace…! A brisk and oudoorsy blend of blue spruce and balsam fir, fresh mint and garden herbs.   This is a very woodsy scent with a touch of mint.   This is probably my favorite scent of the bunch!   Will have to check out their site to see what other products come in this scent.   This is a shower steamer and you just put this on the floor of your shower, turn on the water, and instant aromatherapy! 

Moose Mug Cuticle Butter  This was in an unlabeled jar, but I figured it out – lol.  ~ Can I refill your egg nog..?   Rich cream, egg and a touch of nutmeg.  I do like FCS cuticle butters and this does smell like a very sweet egg-noggy scent. 

Sparky Hydrate Me  Scrumptious vanilla pumpkin waffles topped with brown sugar, pecans and sheets of fresh whipped cream  God, I just get hungry reading their descriptions.  I am not sure about pumpkin, but I can smell the pecans and it reminds me of pecan pie!    Hydrate me is a solid body butter than you rub on your skin while it is still damp from your shower/bath.  I suggest putting it in the refrigerator when it is not in use as it does melt.  It isn't that glittery.

Mele Kelekimaka OCD Hand Sanitizer  I think I am probably the only FCS customer that no longer wants OCD’s in their quarterly boxes.  Once a year, please.  I cannot go thru the ones I have!!   This one will be gifted/traded, as it contains jasmine.    Tropical spiced rum, Tahitian vanilla, sprinkled with jasmine petals and twisted woods

Fried Pussycat Whipped Soap  I loved whipped soap!!  I cannot use this one!!!  Jasmine again…If they have I Pledge Allegiance, Amen in the whipped soap, I will pick that up.   Juicy plum and whipped caramel wrapped in artisan bourbon vanilla and jasmine blossoms

Tis the Season to be Mary Fortune Cookie Soap  ~Buy this for your wife…God rest her soul… A hint of sweet almond with warm swirls of tobacco.  Until I read the scent description, I could not place it.  But now I can smell the almonds and the warm hint of tobacco.  I really like this scent as well and this is my 2nd favorite scent.  It is very light and subtle.

I got the SQUIRREL wc which I am very happy about. It's smells sooooo good. Fruity but like perfect for the holidays. I want more SQUIRREL things! The shower steamer stinks to me, I don't know about that thing at all. I have no idea what the conditioner is but I'm excited to try it. The OCD feels so random, I just don't think it goes with the box at all.

I don't know if I like this box. Everything is just ... meh ... for me. 5 out of the 8 products smell similar to eachother. Maybe it will grow on me.
I feel the same way, really.

I love the smell of the Hydrate Me because I love food-scents, but everything else is kind of boring. My fiance loves the fortune cookie soap scent too.

Does anyone else's cuticle butter smell like...idk bubble gum or vanilla and NOTHING like egg nog? That was such a huge bummer for me.

I feel the same way, really.

I love the smell of the Hydrate Me because I love food-scents, but everything else is kind of boring. My fiance loves the fortune cookie soap scent too.

Does anyone else's cuticle butter smell like...idk bubble gum or vanilla and NOTHING like egg nog? That was such a huge bummer for me.
it is very very very very very very very sweet eggy nog for me.  This reminds me of the cheap eggnog stuff you purchase at the grocery store.

I used a bunch of stuff last night, and these are my thoughts...

1. Moose mug cuticle butter - YUCK. I can't get past the smell, which is too bad bc the product seems really nourishing. I can't even open it again though. 

2. Fried pussy cat whipped soap - The scent was nice, and I love the product. However, whether or not I purchase will depend on the price because this product gets used up really quickly.

3. Jelly of the month club whipped cream - I really liked the scent, and will definitely be purchasing this. 

4. Sparky hydrate me - Although I don't usually like baked goods scents, I did enjoy this one. It did leave my skin shimmery, but I didn't mind at all. And my skin was VERY smooth. Again though, it will depend on what this is priced at because I used about half of the sample during only one use. It melts really quickly!

5. Mele kelekimaka OCD hand sanitizer - I can never tell if I like the scent of something based on this product bc it just smells too much like rubbing alcohol. I can never have enough hand sanitizer though, so I'm happy to have it. I just don't know if I'll buy other products in this scent bc I can't really tell if I like it or not.

6. I pledge allegiance, Amen shower steamer - I love the scent, and will buy other products offered in it. However, I don't like FCS shower steamers because they don't really do much. The scent is hardly noticeable in the shower. 

I haven't tried to deep conditioner yet, but it's definitely not enough product to get a sense of it, so I'm not sure it's even worth trying. 

Overall, what a fun box!!! I'm really happy and already can't wait for the next one. 

I got my box last Friday, and oddly it was the same day I got charged.  I got the WC in Squirrel, it's ok but not my most favorite.  The Hydrate Me smells divine!  Must purchase everything in that scent!  The whipped soap smelled horrid!  I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or what, but I couldn't pick up any of the scent notes they said were in it.  It just smelled of slightly soapy wet laundry forgotten in the washer for a few days.  I really liked the deep conditioner, not really how it smelled, but the product itself.  I'll probably buy a full size.  I haven't used the steamer yet, but I like the scent.  Gave the FCS to my mom, she likes them more than I do.  I do like the Moose Mug cuticle butter, too.  All in all, not my most favorite box ever but I did like most of the items.  Definitely worth my $20.

I got my box last Friday, and oddly it was the same day I got charged.  I got the WC in Squirrel, it's ok but not my most favorite.  The Hydrate Me smells divine!  Must purchase everything in that scent!  The whipped soap smelled horrid!  I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or what, but I couldn't pick up any of the scent notes they said were in it.  It just smelled of slightly soapy wet laundry forgotten in the washer for a few days.  I really liked the deep conditioner, not really how it smelled, but the product itself.  I'll probably buy a full size.  I haven't used the steamer yet, but I like the scent.  Gave the FCS to my mom, she likes them more than I do.  I do like the Moose Mug cuticle butter, too.  All in all, not my most favorite box ever but I did like most of the items.  Definitely worth my $20.
I don't like the whipped soap, either.  I smell a bit of jasmine and a clean laundry soap maybe, but not everything the description says.  Also, my whipped soap was all liquidy and runny when it arrived.  Ew.  I was watching an unboxing video on YouTube and I wanted to smell it again, and when I opened it and it's definitely a whipped consistency now.   WTH!  Something happened because I left the box by the heater vent.  That's the only explanation I can think of.  

I want to revise my earlier comment about the shower steamers. "I Pledge Allegiance, Amen" was really wonderful! It wasn't overpowering, yet it provided a nice addition to my shower. I will absolutely be ordering these!! 

Anyone ordering anything from the launch on Friday? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I wasn't going to because I'm still kind of mad about how long my last order took to ship, but I actually really like several of the winter scents so I think I'm going to order some things in Sparky, Christmas Bonus, & I Pledge Allegiance Amen :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Normally I do shower gel, whipped cream (or hydrate me), & mist me in the scents that I like so I can layer (and sometimes scrubs too), but I might substitute whipped soap for shower gel if they have it reformulated in time. 

Also a fan of the deep conditioner & will probably buy some of that if the price is right. 

The rest is all kind of up in the air. It really depends which products they have & which scents they're offered in. I wish they gave us more notice about those things because I hate having to sit through the launch shenanigans and then quick scrambling to figure out what to get.  :blink:

Anyone ordering anything from the launch on Friday? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wasn't going to because I'm still kind of mad about how long my last order took to ship, but I actually really like several of the winter scents so I think I'm going to order some things in Sparky, Christmas Bonus, & I Pledge Allegiance Amen :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Normally I do shower gel, whipped cream (or hydrate me), & mist me in the scents that I like so I can layer (and sometimes scrubs too), but I might substitute whipped soap for shower gel if they have it reformulated in time. 

Also a fan of the deep conditioner & will probably buy some of that if the price is right. 

The rest is all kind of up in the air. It really depends which products they have & which scents they're offered in. I wish they gave us more notice about those things because I hate having to sit through the launch shenanigans and then quick scrambling to figure out what to get.  :blink:
I hate it too, I might get a few things in BOAISY and maybe some more Shower Steamers in I Pledge Allegiance Amen (they really need to shorten their product names) and possibly some things in Sparky.

I hate it too, I might get a few things in BOAISY and maybe some more Shower Steamers in I Pledge Allegiance Amen (they really need to shorten their product names) and possibly some things in Sparky.
Ohhhhh I forgot about BOAISY. I didn't get it in my box to smell it but it does sound like something I'd really like. 

There are several things I want this time around, but I refuse to order during the launch.  I always wait until they restock a few weeks down the road.  I really like the deep conditioner and I'm curious to see how much it will cost.

I think I'm going to pick up a couple things in sparky and maybe some more WC since that was nice, I just hated the scent of mine (Jello Surprise).

I should try the conditioner tonight.

Latest posts

Back