Fortune Cookie Soap: Winter Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh. I was telling my brother and his family about this collection because they were watching the movie, and my brother, sister-in-law, AND FATHER all immediately and simultaneously interrupted me and asked in unison if there was a Shitter's Full scent. Which was literally the sentence I was in the middle of saying. I might have to hit the clearance sale and try to get some for everyone.

Just bought waaaaay too much stuff. XD But at least now I'm stocked up on Sparky, TitT, and the Shiz. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also excited to try their shampoo bars!

Me too @@ikecarus! I already had a lot of stuff from the launch & Black Friday but I need a few more items to complete my collections (for layering, ya know). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I didn't even notice there was a code in the e-mail so I was refreshing forever waiting for the prices to update to 50% off. OOPS! But I was still able to grab almost everything I wanted minus SQUIRREL! detangler & hair oil. 

1x "Tangle In The Tinsel" Wax Tart for $2.00 each

1x "SQUIRREL!" Mist Me? - 6 oz. for $9.99 each

1x "SQUIRREL!" Body Wash - 6 oz. for $10.99 each

1x "Mele Kalikimaka" Wax Tart for $2.00 each

1x "I Pledge Allegiance, Amen!" Whipped Cream - 4oz. jar for $10.99 each

1x "I Pledge Allegiance, Amen!" Wax Tart for $2.00 each

1x "Christmas Bonus" Wax Tart - "Christmas Bonus" Wax Tart for $2.00 each

1x "Bend Over & I'll Show You" Wax Tart - "Bend Over & I'll Show You" Wax Tart for $2.00 each

1x "Bend Over & I'll Show You" Mist Me? - 6 oz. for $9.99 each

1x "Bend Over & I'll Show You" Body Wash - 6 oz. for $10.99 each

Me too @@ikecarus! I already had a lot of stuff from the launch & Black Friday but I need a few more items to complete my collections (for layering, ya know). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't even notice there was a code in the e-mail so I was refreshing forever waiting for the prices to update to 50% off. OOPS! But I was still able to grab almost everything I wanted minus SQUIRREL! detangler & hair oil. 

1x "Tangle In The Tinsel" Wax Tart for $2.00 each

1x "SQUIRREL!" Mist Me? - 6 oz. for $9.99 each

1x "SQUIRREL!" Body Wash - 6 oz. for $10.99 each

1x "Mele Kalikimaka" Wax Tart for $2.00 each

1x "I Pledge Allegiance, Amen!" Whipped Cream - 4oz. jar for $10.99 each

1x "I Pledge Allegiance, Amen!" Wax Tart for $2.00 each

1x "Christmas Bonus" Wax Tart - "Christmas Bonus" Wax Tart for $2.00 each

1x "Bend Over & I'll Show You" Wax Tart - "Bend Over & I'll Show You" Wax Tart for $2.00 each

1x "Bend Over & I'll Show You" Mist Me? - 6 oz. for $9.99 each

1x "Bend Over & I'll Show You" Body Wash - 6 oz. for $10.99 each
What an awesome haul! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Between this clearance sale, the CYO WC coming up, and also the GoT collection... I'm going to be broke haha. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up some The Shiz and Swankified bath salts from the sale but that was all.  I was going to jump on the site right at noon to get some Sparky stuff for my mom but I somehow forgot that central time is an hour ahead of mountain time so I was a bit late :blush:   I wonder how long it will take them to get our orders shipped.

Anyone buying anything from the Valentine's Day collection tonight? Looks like it's Fifty Shades of Grey themed. 

I think I might grab the massage bar & whipped cream :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just watched a sneak peek in the FCS FB group and both of those sound right up my alley.

Anyone buying anything from the Valentine's Day collection tonight? Looks like it's Fifty Shades of Grey themed. 

I think I might grab the massage bar & whipped cream :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just watched a sneak peek in the FCS FB group and both of those sound right up my alley.
The descriptions all look the same...so no, nothing for me.

I got as far as, like, the second page and refused to read any further.  YOU DO NOT DRIVE SOUTH FROM VANCOUVER INTO PORTLAND IN ORDER TO TURN BACK NORTH TO GO TO SEATTLE.  ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIVE NEAR THE WSU VANCOUVER CAMPUS.  Ahem.  As soon as I got the *that* part, I knew that I had to bail.  I think it was literally the second page.

ETA:  (I felt like I had to read it so I could properly mock it.  I firmly believe you should not make fun of a book unless you have read it.  In this particular instance, I make an exception.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got as far as, like, the second page and refused to read any further.  YOU DO NOT DRIVE SOUTH FROM VANCOUVER INTO PORTLAND IN ORDER TO TURN BACK NORTH TO GO TO SEATTLE.  ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIVE NEAR THE WSU VANCOUVER CAMPUS.  Ahem.  As soon as I got the *that* part, I knew that I had to bail.  I think it was literally the second page.

ETA:  (I felt like I had to read it so I could properly mock it.  I firmly believe you should not make fun of a book unless you have read it.  In this particular instance, I make an exception.)
I read it. I read all three. And apart from my issues with the content (HI THAT IS NOT BDSM THAT IS ABUSE, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE) the writing is just atrocious. Like so embarrassingly bad that I cursed out loud at the book multiple times.

I read it. I read all three. And apart from my issues with the content (HI THAT IS NOT BDSM THAT IS ABUSE, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE) the writing is just atrocious. Like so embarrassingly bad that I cursed out loud at the book multiple times
Omg this. So this. I tried to get into it. It literally read like something a 13 year old girl would post on a backstreet boys fanfic site circa 1998. So. Freaking. Atrocious. If you're bored, look up videos of people reading it in the voice of Cookie Monster on YouTube. It's hilarious.

On topic: I used the last of my sparky whipped cream last night and I am sad about it.

Nahhh, too much floral-based scents for my liking. I'm saving my $$$ for the GOT collection!!

Nahhh, too much floral-based scents for my liking. I'm saving my $$$ for the GOT collection!!
Have they said anything about it yet, other than the shampoo/conditioner bar combo thing? I saw some people on FB today discussing how it was a very 'woodsy' collection, but I don't actually see that anywhere! 

Admittedly have not watched GoT yet, but I have a feeling I'll be order a few things from that collection too. 

And ohhhhhhhhh my poor wallet when the Spring collection comes out. Everything Alice!

Have they said anything about it yet, other than the shampoo/conditioner bar combo thing? I saw some people on FB today discussing how it was a very 'woodsy' collection, but I don't actually see that anywhere! 

Admittedly have not watched GoT yet, but I have a feeling I'll be order a few things from that collection too. 

And ohhhhhhhhh my poor wallet when the Spring collection comes out. Everything Alice!
I believe the shampoo/conditioner combo bar will be in the GOT collection. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I think people are assuming it will be woodsy because GOT is kind of a outdoorsy kind of TV show, if that makes any sense. (think LOTR scenery)

So glad to know I'm not the only one who just couldn't read 50 shades!  I tried, I got about a chapter in, and just no......

Nothing for me from the Valentine collection.  I did buy a couple of the Hair Flip WC's the other day.  They're still 50% off and I know it's a scent my mom would love so I grabbed one for each of us.  Also got a The Shiz Steam me up Scotty.  I'm super excited for the spring stuff.

HAHA. I started 50 shades and was like "wow, this is TERRIBLE" and then finishing it, and the whole series, became a challenge to myself. And I did it and I can assure you that the books only get worse as they progress. Good lord. These books are only selling because the target demographic hasn't realized that you can read much better written smut that doesn't romanticize abusive relationships on the dang internet for free! lol

Back