biancardi

Kloverbox Eco-friendly sub box [Spoilers]

I agree about this being a perfect sub. I rec'd the orange sweetness hand soap & love it. The best news: the lotion bar is fine!! I want to keep smelling & looking at it. It's too pretty to use!!

• Like 4

I agree with you all, this sub is GREAT! Last month was my first box but I used every single thing and will this month too! Well except the funky toner which I used til it grew stuff! Vs. BB and all my other beauty subs where I've got a backlog of stuff I can be bothered with. I used the lotion bar last night. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to because it's so pretty but it is a really great moisturizer.

• Like 2

The lotion bar is killing me! It's so pretty I don't want to muss it up but just the way my hands feel from using the non-pretty bottom makes me want to.  Oh, the decisions!

• Like 2

Everyone see the new collaboration with MSA?!!!  I love the idea!  It's $100 though, so I guess I will forgo my Birchbox yearlong in favor of this.  I would LOVE a spoiler.

nah, I will pass with MSA and kloverbox.  Not at a 100.00.   I also don't care that much for MSA.  Something about the review system over there just irks me to no end.  Everything is wonderful and they love it all - but it is funny how much they don't use.  Plus their reviews are really not that informative. 

It is more of here is a picture with one line description of the stuff - how is that a review?

Edited by biancardi
  • Like 1

It ships from Illinois, I live in Iowa. I mean...we're like neighbors.

Mostly I'm just annoyed because nothing seems to be going right for me sub wise. My scentbird got sent to my billing address, and they shipped a new one and it was the same exact one I got last month....which I hated. And this one just ships so late. And I'm pouty because I've cancelled all my other subs and have no happy surprises in my mailbox. It's not Kloverbox's fault. It's totally mine. :(

Scentbird did the same thing to me this month. Luckily my billing address is my mom's house LOL so I got two vials of "meh" perfume this month. I love Scentbird but I still have yet to find a perfume I like more than Dior Addict. I think I want to fill up my queue with Addict and just get my monthly supply LMAO

I am seriously so in love with this box. I hardly know what to do with myself. There just isn't another box at this price point that is as perfect as this one is. Especially for one with a natural/ecofriendly bent. 

I am the same way about kloverbox LOL. I feel like out of all the natural/eco boxes, none can compare to them. And they're still relatively new as far as subscription boxes go. They've been consistently growing and progressing rather than getting worse like so many other boxes. Plus kelly is so helpful and interactive with the customers. I just get a really good vibe from Kloverbox and WANT to support them!

nah, I will pass with MSA and kloverbox.  Not at a 100.00.   I also don't care that much for MSA.  Something about the review system over there just irks me to no end.  Everything is wonderful and they love it all - but it is funny how much they don't use.  Plus their reviews are really not that informative. 

It is more of here is a picture with one line description of the stuff - how is that a review?

You took the words out of my mouth with MSA. I think all the ladies that write there are just lovely, but I honestly only go there to see a quick picture spoiler of a box I might be curious about. I don't think they're "reviews" but more quick unboxings. They don't discuss the products or really give a lot of detail on the box itself so it's just not a style I'm fond of. 

I hope if Kloverbox is going to partner with other bloggers in the future, that they consider working with smaller blogs and possibly at  smaller price point. $100 is wayyyyy out of my price range. Although considering Kloverbox's history, I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic box.

• Like 1

Scentbird did the same thing to me this month. Luckily my billing address is my mom's house LOL so I got two vials of "meh" perfume this month. I love Scentbird but I still have yet to find a perfume I like more than Dior Addict. I think I want to fill up my queue with Addict and just get my monthly supply LMAO

I am the same way about kloverbox LOL. I feel like out of all the natural/eco boxes, none can compare to them. And they're still relatively new as far as subscription boxes go. They've been consistently growing and progressing rather than getting worse like so many other boxes. Plus kelly is so helpful and interactive with the customers. I just get a really good vibe from Kloverbox and WANT to support them!

You took the words out of my mouth with MSA. I think all the ladies that write there are just lovely, but I honestly only go there to see a quick picture spoiler of a box I might be curious about. I don't think they're "reviews" but more quick unboxings. They don't discuss the products or really give a lot of detail on the box itself so it's just not a style I'm fond of. 

I hope if Kloverbox is going to partner with other bloggers in the future, that they consider working with smaller blogs and possibly at  smaller price point. $100 is wayyyyy out of my price range. Although considering Kloverbox's history, I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic box.

you took the words right out of my mouth!!  haha

I was a bit shocked to see them partner with MSA, considering all of the best reviews I have seen have been from smaller bloggers.  

100.00 is too much for me as well.  A theme for a box that I don't even know what it is there - that is a huge leap of faith.  I don't know that much about MSA and how they would curate an eco-friendly box (they LOVE everything, so how would they choose? lol) - I would have rather seen a blogger who was really into eco-friendly products curate this box instead.

Edited by biancardi
  • Like 1

I am excited about the Kloverbox MSA Collaboration. I've been reading the MSA blog for over a year and noticed that we like/can use the same type of products. I am hoping that the box will not sell out in a couple of hours. I will be at the farm which means horrible to no internet access on the phone. Forget dialup. One of our employees had it and it was incredible slow.

I do see your points about the level of detail in the MSA reviews and how they are written. I hope this one is successful and that Kloverbox will continue forward with a quarterly blogger collaboration. I think it would be fun especially if they switch between big and small blogs.

• Like 1

Got my box today...1 day early. I got the grapefruit hand soap....I haven't seen anyone with that yet (unless I missed it).

Also...that candle. Can't stop smelling it.

• Like 1

I agree with the general vibe I'm getting here about MSA - they don't do reviews, they do unboxings. And they like everything. That said, I do think Liz has good taste. She curated a few quarterly boxes that looked really nice. I don't sub to kloverbox, but I have enjoyed seeing the boxes they've come out with. $100 is pricey, but it can see it being a pretty great box. Decisions, decisions...

• Like 3

I probably won't do it unless theres a spoiler.  I'll just wait for things to show up in swaps.

I honestly don't know how MSA does it. I mean, I get about 1/10th of the boxes she does and sometimes I want to die with how many reviews I need to get up.

I don't know how it would be humanly possible for her to do an actual review and have any time to sleep. She makes a TON of money, though, and her older reviews from when she started are more reviews than the unboxings they are now. I can't believe both she and her husband were able to quit their jobs bec MSA brings in so much money! 

Plus I have her to thank for my own addiction (and blog) :D  

She doesn't like the same kinds of beauty products that I do (since she leans toward natural/organicky) but I also know that she doesn't want her boxes to be only beauty. And Kloverbox is all over that sort of thing. I love that they aren't only about beauty products.

• Like 2

Hmm. I'm really torn on the MSA collaboration. I had set aside $ for the next limited edition Goodebox, but was thinking I might not get it, as I seem to suddenly have a ton of bath and beauty products. So I could go for this. I wish there was at least an estimated retail value. If it was going to be at least double the box cost, that would make me feel better about springing for it without any spoilers.

I am also a little leery of the beach house theme, as I live in Colorado and will be no where near a beach for years to come! My best guess is that this box will have some sort of wrap/towel, sunscreen, lip balm, a hat or sunglasses, and some sort of beachy wall print (Liz always seems to love to get prints, which mystifies me, as I think, what if they don't go with your house style?). Do they make eco friendly salt spray?

Anyway, I could still probably use all of that, but if they really do go beach-specific, it may not be to my tastes. Decisions.

If this had sea glass jewelry in it, that would be wonderful!  But there is no mention of jewelry in the description

I am sick to death of sunscreen, lip balm,  hats and towels..hahaha

Seriously, for 100.00, I can sign up for another several months of Kloverbox, which I have to do as May is the last box in my 6 month sub.   I plan to sign up for another 6 months, so a beach theme kinda turns me off, because I know it will have lip balm, sunscreen, et al. 

I am sure it will be a good box, but without a value associated with it or even a spoiler, I am not going to drop that $$ on it, when I can get at least 4 boxes from kloverbox for that type of money.

Edited by biancardi

@@Miccarty2 I'm eyeing up the Goodebox LE too. I don't know much about it, but I have a feeling I will like it.

I was ill for over 24 hours (fri-sat) with food poisoning or something else with the same type of symptoms. I am only now starting to feel better. I doubt I will be working at our farm tomorrow. Looks like I will be able to buy the MSA Kloverbox collaboration box with no problems.

I just signed up for Kloverbox this month and May will be my first box. I signed up for a 6 month sub, which isn't much more than this single box. Without details, I'm not willing to pay $100 for this. I think it would have been nice to at least include a spoiler and an estimated value. Look forward to seeing this box when others receive it though, so please post pictures!

• Like 2

I've never ordered a Goodebox LE before.  Are they usually great?  Because of the cost, I have to choose one or the other, not both!  A girl can dream....

(Sorry, Kelly) @INS02 II ordered the past 2 Goodebox LEs. I thought the BreastCancer LE was exceptional and regretted not ordering a second one. The Holiday box was pretty amazing too. My understanding, which can be totally and completely wrong, is that the next LE box is A Night for Green Beauty Deluxe. Does anyone know if there will be an LE box before that?

I Googled it and from my understanding, which can be totally wrong,  in 2014 50 boxes were released every 2 weeks from June 2-July 14. Each release is a different set of beauty products retailing over $300.00 for $110.00. I looked on the one blog and a comment stated that the second set of boxes sold out in 20 minutes. I don't know if there will be another LE box prior to this one or how it will be sold this year.

I think it depends what you want in an LE box The MSA & Kloverbox collaboration will have beauty, home and lifestyle items. I believe the value will be there based on MSA Quarterly boxes and Kloverboxes.

I did purchase the MSA & Kloverbox collaboration. I'm looking forward to the items!

Edited by PA Anna
  • Like 3

(Sorry, Kelly) @INS02 II ordered the past 2 Goodebox LEs. I thought the BreastCancer LE was exceptional and regretted not ordering a second one. The Holiday box was pretty amazing too. My understanding, which can be totally and completely wrong, is that the next LE box is A Night for Green Beauty Deluxe. Does anyone know if there will be an LE box before that?

I Googled it and from my understanding, which can be totally wrong,  in 2014 50 boxes were released every 2 weeks from June 2-July 14. Each release is a different set of beauty products retailing over $300.00 for $110.00. I looked on the one blog and a comment stated that the second set of boxes sold out in 20 minutes. I don't know if there will be another LE box prior to this one or how it will be sold this year.

I think it depends what you want in an LE box The MSA & Kloverbox collaboration will have beauty, home and lifestyle items. I believe the value will be there based on MSA Quarterly boxes and Kloverboxes.

I did purchase the MSA & Kloverbox collaboration. I'm looking forward to the items!

I ordered the Kloverbox, too.  I've had such a positive experience with this box (I ordered a 6 month sub back in January) that I just assume this will be equally impressive.  I don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get 1 of 50 boxes, so this works out perfectly.  Hopefully there will be another coupon code once my 6 month is up in June.

• Like 3

I ordered the Kloverbox, too. I've had such a positive experience with this box (I ordered a 6 month sub back in January) that I just assume this will be equally impressive. I don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get 1 of 50 boxes, so this works out perfectly. Hopefully there will be another coupon code once my 6 month is up in June.

My experience with the Goodebox LEs was the same as @@PA Anna. They were awesome; all beauty/hair related. I was super happy with both.

I ended up going with this collaboration box as it will have lifestyle items. My experience with Kloverbox has been so positive that I'm willing to risk buying without spoilers. I'm still

nervous though :). I figure the regular Kloverbox usually has a little more than double the value/cost, so I'm expecting the same for this special edition, at least.

I haven't heard whether it has sold out... I'll check over on MSA. I am curious to know how many they are selling.

I took my son to the doctor's today. Guess what I reached for when I left? The Kosmatology hand sanitizer that was in the October's box. I will be purchasing more when I place my Kosmatology order. I remember when I first received it in the box that I wasn't too sure about it. Since then it has come in handle after pumping gas, doctors offices and other circumstances.

• Like 2