DoctorToaster

Birchbox March 2015 (Spoilers)

I am new to Birchbox and I have what is probably a dumb question...I have seen (from reading your lovely posts! thanks! =) that the company does not do repeat samples.

My question is, say this month I did not get the Bee Kind shampoo...do they repeat products to people who have never gotten them? For instance, would I eventually end up with a sample other people got in previous months?  

Geez, I hope that makes sense!  =) 

Yes, they sample most things multiple months. Even if you go without getting it the first round of 3-4 months where they're sampling it, a lot of the time and couple months down the road they'll bring it back into the boxes again.

• Like 2

I am new to Birchbox and I have what is probably a dumb question...I have seen (from reading your lovely posts! thanks! =) that the company does not do repeat samples.

My question is, say this month I did not get the Bee Kind shampoo...do they repeat products to people who have never gotten them? For instance, would I eventually end up with a sample other people got in previous months?

Geez, I hope that makes sense! =)

What they mean by no repeat samples is that you shouldn't get the same exact sample twice on one account. You can get the same product in a different scent/color/etc. They do sample lots of things multiple times, some samples seem to be always sampled so you have a chance.

• Like 2

Dream box would be: my PYS its a 10, makeup (not mascara!), skyn Iceland eye pen or gels , borghese, a sheet mask. Not sure these are even in the rotation this month but it would be nice!!

My dream March box, which I doubt I'll get:

1. It's a 10 PYS
  2. When Sheetmask
  3. Benefit Roller Lash
  4. Cynthia Rowley Lipstain in Dahlia
  5. Wei Manuka Bee Venom Mask
  6. Ruffian Nail Polish in Sahara
Edited by chocolatesauce2
  • Like 3

Hey guys, random question.

Has anyone ever placed an order and forgotten to add their points on?

I placed an order on the app and I thought my points were added in, but they weren't.

Has CS ever added in points after the order was placed for anyone?

In other news, last month I added the Home Sweet Homespun box to my regular BB shipment.  It was my first BB Plus item and my first LE box, and I was so excited to get it, particularly for the cookie mix and cute socks.  Well, my shipment came 10 days after the estimated delivery date, and when I opened my box, the cookie mix tin and two of the packet inside were open and everything in the box was dusted with cookie mix ingredients.  The other items in the box were fine--just a bit messy.  But I contacted BB to see if I could send back this cookie mix and receive a new one with sealed ingredients. But apparently I can only send back the entire box or nothing at all. Such a bummer.

That happened to me also and I just sent an email to them. Did they want you to send the whole box back so they could send you a new one or were they going to give you a refund? I left everything in the box and didn't use anything. I wonder if there was a bad box packer at the warehouse- the tin really should have been sealed better.

Hey guys, random question.

Has anyone ever placed an order and forgotten to add their points on?

I placed an order on the app and I thought my points were added in, but they weren't.

Has CS ever added in points after the order was placed for anyone?

I haven't forgotten to add my points but did forget to add my free mystery sampler onto my order the other day. I emailed them and they had already mailed my order out so they went ahead and sent me another box out with the samples in it. I was very impressed with the customer service as that was the first time I have ever had to use them and I was very pleased!!

My march box shipped already! I guess they sent it early since its a gift sub and they didn't have to bill me. I'll post my contents when it gets here!

• Like 6

So what is everyone hoping for in their march boxes? I would love to try a not soap radio body wash, and an awesome face moisturizer. Does anyone have a favorite I should hope for?

Here's what I DONT want as I'm swimming in these items already. Shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, hand/body lotion, and pretty much all hair products but especially sea salt sprays.

• Like 2

Here's what I DONT want as I'm swimming in these items already. Shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, hand/body lotion, and pretty much all hair products but especially sea salt sprays.

I have received shampoo and conditioner in every box so far. :( however I will say I really liked the Dear Clark shampoo and ordered it in full size. That's amazing stuff. I can't wait for the box cheats to start showing up.

• Like 2

I think the only shampoo, conditioner or lotion I'd be happy with is the Harvey prince hello. I LOVED that scent when I got the perfume In may.

Edited by jenacate

I think the only shampoo, conditioner or lotion I'd be happy with is the Harvey prince hello. I LOVED that scent when I got the perfume In may.

Got this email on my account that's not subscribed. Two products we know but I'd like that lip crayon if I wasn't getting the nars duo for my sephora Bday gift this month,

post-102197-0-21760900-1425247211_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenacate
  • Like 4

I too could go without shampoo or conditioner, it pretty much has to smell amazing for me to put it in my hair. In my last box I got a bee Kind conditioner and it smelled nasty (like 409), I just tossed it in the trash right after opening it (who wants to smell like a nasty harsh chemical cleaner?) Yuk!

• Like 4

I got the same conditioner in mine. Haven't had a chance to open it yet though. Good to know about the smell. I'll check it out when I open it. I hope no hair products either. I don't need another shampoo/conditioner sample.

• Like 1

I hope picking a hair PYS keeps the shampoo and conditioners out. I have too many. I would like something I don't usually get in boxes like a toner or a body scrub would be nice. Or a hydrating foot mask. Anything hydrating. My skin is so dry right now.

• Like 4

Last night Birchbox posted a sneak peek for a Jelly Pong Pong (new brand to BB) luminizer/highlight. It comes in a little nail polish type bottle complete with a brush.

I wouldn't be mad getting it! Liquid highlight is highly appreciated on my dry winter skin.

• Like 2

I too could go without shampoo or conditioner, it pretty much has to smell amazing for me to put it in my hair. In my last box I got a bee Kind conditioner and it smelled nasty (like 409), I just tossed it in the trash right after opening it (who wants to smell like a nasty harsh chemical cleaner?) Yuk!

That is so disappointing. I always thought that line looked so adorable with the little green bee on the black jar. And that a portion of sales go to help honey bees was a nice idea too.  What is with Gilchrest and Soames? Making a cute bottle is not enough. The product needs to smell great for people to want to use it. 

On a semi-related note I found a giant stash of revelon perfumerie nail polishes on clearance at Target and bought the almost entire line. So far I've only tried this purple kind that smells like fancy soap. I painted my nails yesterday and can sort of still smell it. This will keep me entertained until box combos load and then later during the terrible wait that comes between the sneak peek and delivery. 

• Like 2

I didn't mind the smell at all.  I don't think it's that over powering, what is stupid is the paper/cardboard packaging for something you keep in the shower?  Uh, once it gets wet it starts to break down, who thought it was a good idea to use paper for something that goes in the shower?

• Like 4

Totally saw that video! Loved the little tutorial on how to use it (highlighter is so awesome and versatile!) but very very disappointed in the two types of paraben formula of their highlight. Birchbox has better highlighters in their shop anyway! I want a spoiler that I can get excited about and use!

Last night Birchbox posted a sneak peek for a Jelly Pong Pong (new brand to BB) luminizer/highlight. It comes in a little nail polish type bottle complete with a brush.

I wouldn't be mad getting it! Liquid highlight is highly appreciated on my dry winter skin.

Random but I had unsubbed and was able to pay for next month's box with 100 points!  is this a glitch or something?

• Like 2

So I know this is slightly off topic but during my usual random eBay searches I stumbled upon people selling birchbox/ipsy samples and such! At first I was like okay, I get it, they are selling huge lots of samples they didn't want and such but then I started finding ones like these! My mind is blown!

post-108517-0-35584800-1425353649_thumb.jpg

post-108517-0-66550200-1425353665_thumb.jpg

post-108517-0-88867000-1425353678_thumb.jpg

• Like 1