How do you organize your cosmetic? Bag or boxes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a rather large collection and I use a dresser. I keep different types of products (primers, foundation, blush, ect) sorted. Lipsticks are in acrylic lipstick holders, gloss and lip liner are in a kitchen utensil organizer, loose powdered eyeshadow are in a bead storage container I got at a craft store. Other than that everything is in re-purposed Glossybox boxes without the lid so I can see everything when I open the drawers. I rotate through my products weekly, so I keep the current rotation in a Sephora hard sided train case that sits on top of the dresser.

I have a rather large collection and I use a dresser. I keep different types of products (primers, foundation, blush, ect) sorted. Lipsticks are in acrylic lipstick holders, gloss and lip liner are in a kitchen utensil organizer, loose powdered eyeshadow are in a bead storage container I got at a craft store. Other than that everything is in re-purposed Glossybox boxes without the lid so I can see everything when I open the drawers. I rotate through my products weekly, so I keep the current rotation in a Sephora hard sided train case that sits on top of the dresser.
You have a lot of experience, I am considering a box or something to make my desk organized......

acrylic cosmetic organizers look great, is it a big one? With drawer or something?  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> 
I got the acrylic organizer from Birchbox. It has a lot of compartments for brushes and lipsticks etc. You can get similar ones from Target.

I got the acrylic organizer from Birchbox. It has a lot of compartments for brushes and lipsticks etc. You can get similar ones from Target.
Hi, acrylic organizer seems really nice to put on the desk, I saw it in a blog giveaway today.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the title, do you have better suggestion, cosmetic on the desk is totally a mess. 
I would get an office desk, the kind with 3 drawers on each side and use that as your dedicated make-up station. And get organizers like pencil holders (for example) to place small items in like brushes, cotton pads, Q-Tips, etc and place that on your desk, and you'll also have plenty of space for hot hair tools as well, heck you can even use one drawer to store your hot hair tools  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That would be the "home version" of a make-up station that we use in a make-up trailer. As we organize all our daily make-ups in the drawers and station organizers.

For duplicates and multiples of products and other supplies, we use see-through bins and drawers, and we use "kitchen style" cabinets for actor bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two makeup bags, one for lip products and the other for eye products. I also have one box where I keep face products and any other odds and ends that I don't use too much. I obviously don't have all that much makeup. xD

As the title, do you have better suggestion, cosmetic on the desk is totally a mess. 
I have a ton of makeup.I dont have everything super organized right now I put it in shoe boxes sadly but it works for me right now.I must have 3 shoe boxes full of makeup at least but I will buy a makeup case eventually this one may not be big enough for me though but I will probably buy  it was pretty mally has really pretty makeup cases too.I was thinking I would buy one from sephora though even though they are super expensive this ones $110 below and the mally ones probably even more expensive but looks nicer.

s1572700-main-grid.jpg
tbp505478_v0_l.jpg

fa09889470ad3397882695bbf7d36e4f.jpg

MAc has them too  I think this is a makeup cake below but it looks pretty cool if you organized it like this lol

a5ab9d826df640d1868d466aeefb7fce.jpg

Last edited:
I recently just switched over from a box to several acrylic cosmetic organizers and I couldn't be happier <3 Everything is finally organized instead of thrown all together. I highly recommend you give it a try :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have a little shelf in my room for nail polish and perfume, and also a dowel type wooden shelf that hangs clothes on the bottom,and on the top are haircare prodicts that I am not using and birch/glossyboxes for samples I am not using.

The products  that  I am currently  using are generally in the bathroom in the medicine cabinet, and in a little decorative  organizer on the vanity.  Beauty tools/scissors, etc I have in a decorative container on a shelf in the bathroom. Luckily, I mostly have the bathroom to myself, so it stays nice and organized.

I don't like digging through trunks or drawers.  I like to see where everything I need is. it saves time.

Oh hey, two things I love: makeup and orginization.

I have.. kind of a lot. The most of any one thing I have is loose eye shadows, I absolutely love indie companies, and most of them are loose-shadow-only. So I have eight of these:
zCD9S4y.jpg

Each one holds 70-80 full-sized (5g) shadows, but none of them are crammed absolutely full, since I sort by company. I keep all of these stacked on the very top of a bookshelf, so nothing happens to them. I routinely rotate different shade families/brands to make sure I'm using all of them.

I also have one of these: 
eG9pHHN.jpg

Top two drawers are blushes/bronzers/illuminators, middle two drawers are concealer and foundation, bottom drawer is face + eye primers (and some extra room to throw things in if I'm in a hurry). That's sitting on one of these:

hHzOWtx.jpg

Which contains all my palettes, be it eye shadow or contouring or a mix. Bottom drawer also contains my other pressed eyeshadows, singles/duos/trios/quads etc. This sits on my desk.

That stuff is off to the right. To the left, I have:

ADL69i4.jpg

One of these. A few more primers (mostly tall ones, like the old UD primer potion packaging and Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy) and a lot of tall/long lip products sit in the back. Easy to grab. Bottom drawer is skincare, top drawer is more skincare and extra brush guards. The little flip-up thing is where I keep products I'm super-loving right now.

Next to that is something very similar to this:
NCR50Mf.jpg

Except the left half is just one big open spot, there's no separate divisions in the back. This holds shorter lipsticks, lip balms I don't keep in my purse, random little things like my pore-cleaning tool.

I also have three large desk-organizing type pencil cups for brushes/pencils, and three desk drawers that are kind of a mess. I need to organize them. 

All of that stuff, except the clear organizer, I got at Wal-mart for cheap. The organizer was a gift, no idea how much it was. The cases I keep my loose shadow jars in are actually bait/tackle holders, but they're cheaper than the exact same thing marketed for crafts, so I don't care. 

Mine is a complete mess. I have a Victoria Secret cloth bag, which I'm sure will never come clean lol, that has tons of products I hardly use thrown inside it. Then I have a plastic makeup case that snaps shut, with the products I use everyday. But the snap breaks when I carry it a lot so my makeup ends up dumping out on the ground. So it's a mess too. I travel a lot and have a hard time keeping everything neat like I'd like to.

I have a big box and some smaller boxes in it- all girly decorated with glitter and stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The smaller boxes are different colors and sizes, so I know exactly where is the thing I'm looking for..

Latest posts

Back