How do you organize your cosmetic? Bag or boxes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will probably buy a makeup case at sephora this christmas I have a ton of stuff that needs to be organized better in one spot.Right now I have like 3 or 4 shoe boxes full of makeup its just not working for me.The night before I go out I have to look through my makeup and get everything out and ready to make it easier for myself the next morning when I do my makeup.

Last edited:
I'm using a 3 stories cosmetic box to keep my necessities and whenever i can no longer close the drawers it is time for a little preloved sale or give away. I keep my brushes separately though. The on use ones are placed in a spacious glass jar for easy picking up and the clean ones stand vertically in a closed lid tupperware.

Hey, girls. I want to organize my make-up bag, but I really don't know where to find all those bottles and tubes and other stuff like that. Do you have any ideas?

Lol, I'm sorry, I'm no help! I have no system. I keep trying.. but.. I do try and keep all my lipsticks, in one bag.

I live in a teeny tiny place. There is no room, at all, in my house, for a decent makeup table and I think bathrooms, are plain gross. I do my makeup, in my bedroom.

I have a couple of boxes and bags. and then my "table" is just cluttered, w/ random products I use everyday.

Personally I think it'd help to put all the eyeshadows together, lips, etc.  Or just put your usual routine products together. I like to change mine, up a lot tho.  Good luck!

Wait, none of that was helpful, I found some 1.00 boxes, at Michaels awhile ago, so I use those and makeup bags, which I have tons of! Plus, you can find cute coffee holders at Salvation Army, for makeup brushes. I still want an antique table, someday! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I use these Snapware organizers. They're often on sale 50% off at Joann Fabric.

I use the small 6" x 9" for the makeup I use everyday.

The larger 10" x 14" hold my stash of makeup and skincare backups and products I haven't tried yet. It's also perfect for nail polish.

http://www.joann.com/snapware-snap-n-stack--6x9-rectangle-with-3-layers/9058512.html#start=28

These aren't my pics, but my setup is similiar.

5340b0c8a22230369679a84de3f1f8fd.jpg

DSC04883.JPG

I have some in a vintage train case I got at a flea market. The rest in a shoebox. I'm a mess. I also need to start tossing stuff that has expired. It just makes me sad.

I use these Snapware organizers. They're often on sale 50% off at Joann Fabric.

I use the small 6" x 9" for the makeup I use everyday.

The larger 10" x 14" hold my stash of makeup and skincare backups and products I haven't tried yet. It's also perfect for nail polish.

http://www.joann.com/snapware-snap-n-stack--6x9-rectangle-with-3-layers/9058512.html#start=28

These aren't my pics, but my setup is similiar.

View attachment 19663

View attachment 19664
I used to have these, but now after some bathroom remodeling I have two big beautiful organizers made of wood. I installed these along my toilet, by the way, I could not find a suitable one for a long time. Fortunately I got advice by Gerald Carpenter and finally finished it. 

Back