Krystyn Lowe

Allure Beauty Box June 2016 *SPOILERS*

I just read on MSA that Allure over sold the June box and folks would get a July box. I'm getting nervous that I haven't received a tracking email. I might move to cancel this sub.  :( Which makes me really sad.

• Like 1

I got my box on Saturday, I love the Julep color I got....can't remember the name but it was the purple. The bronzer was smashed and unusable, but I wasn't really interested in it anyway so didn't care. I got the Pore minimizing Leader's mask, which I was hoping to get. I'm pretty happy with this box this month. Hope everyone gets their June box! Hate to hear they are oversold :(  

• Like 1

I wonder with the Birchbox points fiasco if this sub is going to become even more bombarded with new subscribers soon...

• Like 1

I got my box today. I should have kept my mouth shut in an earlier post because I jinxed myself and got the Katie nail polish. That is the one I didn't want since I already have it. Into the gift pile it will go.

• Like 1

Got my box today, and was more happy with it than I initially thought

The shampoo is a good size and smells nice, still wish that they could have sent us conditiner

Purlisse eye serum is really nice (I have the full size version) so I am happy to have more. I know that the moisturizer will be used eventually

I got the shade Katie from Julep, glad it has some pink undertones and not just purple

The Kardashian bronzer I was surprised at. Not that pigmented but they seem soft, I think I could use it as a matte eye shadow trio for travel

Lastly I got the Coconut Gel Mask with Orange for the Leaders mask. This combination sounds really yummy, can't wait to try it later!

edit: actually when I look at the bronzer in the light, there are many fine sparkles/glitters in it. Curious to try this out as a bronzer!

Edited by Queennie
  • Like 1

I got Julep Katie too and I think I already have it. Rest of the box is nice though. I don't mind the Purlisse and I'll try the Klorane shampoo. The best part of the box is the mask. I'm interested in trying the Kardashian bronzer just out of curiosity.

• Like 1

I got a shipping notice today. I was really scared when the email came in, I thought it was them telling me they over sold June too. After Birchbox I couldn't deal with more bad sub box news this week.

• Like 2

I called Allure today since I gave up on them either sending me a box, even a June box, or a refund without me having to ask?!?! In what world does a business ignore purchases? Allure's world apparently. He was nice enough. I explained that I bought the May box in April and when I never received a box I cancelled my sub and I would like a refund. He said "oh yes the May box was very popular, I've put the refund through, you will have it in 1 or 2 billing cycles". Does that mean I might get my $10 back in 1-2 months?! Bizarre.

• Like 2

Yeah, put me down as another one who won't be receiving the June box. I thought it was weird that others had already received theirs and I hadn't even gotten a shipping notification so I started a chat with one of their agents who said that they oversold the June box and that I won't be receiving it. Maybe it's because it was through chat, but the agent came across as very dry. After she said that I won't be receiving the June box, she immediately followed it up by saying that they would be "happy" to give me a refund with my purchase, which would then discontinue all future deliveries.

So she basically encouraged me to unsubscribe. I thought it was weird that she immediately went to that instead of offering me a discount for a future box or something.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that this is the second month in a row that they oversell. It seems like it would be simple enough to open up a waitlist option instead of letting people pay Allure even if they don't have the available supply. They should do like Sephora and a bunch of other subscription boxes that put people on a waitlist.

• Like 1

I think the reason for the delayed on the shipping of our boxes it's because they ran out of the mango shampoo, the latest batch of boxes have a Klorane dry shampoo instead of the mango shampoo. I bought 3 May boxes I only received the one from my old account, I didn't cancel the other 2 so this month I will receive 3 June boxes, I received one so far, I contact CS on Wednesday to ask about my other 2 boxes, they told me that my other 2 boxes have already been shipped and they immediately sent me that tracking info.

Here's a pic from instagram 

post-122700-0-58323000-1466140206_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for posting @@Biankissima! I would have loved have received the Klorane dry shampoo. I just ran out. I could have used it more than the mango shampoo. :) I also wish I had received that color nail polish. It's so pretty. Enjoy!!

• Like 1

I got my box finally!

The delay clearly was to scramble for a replacement for Shampoo seeing as I got dry shampoo instead of shampoo, but I'm ok with the replacement. I use dry shampoo daily.

I got April polish, it's more of a coral than red, and the coconut tomato mask (interesting combo).

post-93138-0-05800700-1466449276_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

My bronzer was smashed, so sent an email out, we'll see where that takes me..

Otherwise, I ended up with the dry shampoo, tundra cranberry antiaging mask and a really pretty aqua/robins egg blue polish. I have a mint green and sky blue, and it's right in between them, so I actually think it will still get use despite being so close. Once again, even though I am not impressed with the sunscreen and serum, I still might use them, and this box feels very, very summery and will mostly get used so a win, even with the last minute sub of dry shampoo instead of the mango. Heck, I think it's even more useful, tbh.

• Like 1

I am grateful I didn't get the dry shampoo only because that dry shampoo is EVERYWHERE and I have maybe 5 of those sitting at home from various subs/kits (including a full size from the box of style) :) it is a good dry shampoo though if you aren't over-saturated with it like me.

Edited by sakura33
  • Like 2

So I'm one of those annoying folks switching over from Birchbox due to the points fiasco - but I really hope that doesn't have negative impacts on anyone's box!  If it does, please feel free to berate me :)

I signed up a few days ago (Sunday maybe?) and emailed customer service, but I haven't heard back from them yet.  Should I expect to get a July box, or does it usually take longer than that to get the first one?

Also (silly question), what social media account are the spoilers usually on?

Thanks lovelies!

(My apologies if this is in the wrong place - I didn't see a general thread for this subscription.)

• Like 1

I got email from Allure, there is a photo of box we didn't get yet, I assume it's July box. There is Clarins Firming Body Lotion and one more Clarins product, maybe day cream. I think I can also see Erno Laszlo logo, but not sure about it at all. And something pink...

• Like 2

I got email from Allure, there is a photo of box we didn't get yet, I assume it's July box. There is Clarins Firming Body Lotion and one more Clarins product, maybe day cream. I think I can also see Erno Laszlo logo, but not sure about it at all. And something pink...

omg can you post a picture?

• Like 1

I think the reason for the delayed on the shipping of our boxes it's because they ran out of the mango shampoo, the latest batch of boxes have a Klorane dry shampoo instead of the mango shampoo. I bought 3 May boxes I only received the one from my old account, I didn't cancel the other 2 so this month I will receive 3 June boxes, I received one so far, I contact CS on Wednesday to ask about my other 2 boxes, they told me that my other 2 boxes have already been shipped and they immediately sent me that tracking info.

Here's a pic from instagram 

My box arrived on Monday and it had the Klorane dry shampoo as well.  I was wanting to try the shampoo with mango butter, though maybe this is for the best because it might have been too heavy for my fine hair.  

• Like 1