Dare to Be: Frida Kahlo! (January 23th - February 5th)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since we got no response from the previous D2B winner and runner-up, we decided to use the second runner up D2B's pick, Frida Kahlo by Kaori.

Be creative and have fun!

Here are some pictures and background on Frida to help you with your submission.

fk1foto.jpg

Salma as Frida

t29642bie1i.jpg

23entkahlo.jpg

Frida%20Kahlo.jpg

Frida Kahlo (July 6, 1907 – July 13, 1954) was a Mexican painter of the indigenous culture of her country in a style combining realism and symbolism, an active Communist supporter, and wife of the Mexican muralist and cubist painter Diego Rivera.

Kahlo was noted for her unconventional appearance, including pronounced eyebrows (unibrow) and a thin moustache which she did not remove (although in reality she had no mustache and her eyebrows were separate; she simply added embellishments in her self-portraits), and her choice of flamboyantly styled clothing, drawn largely from traditional Mexican dress.

Lol yes and that's one of the hint for her makeup look.

Go crazy with the unibrowz! lol

YAY,...Thanks Leony,..kiss ,kiss:icon_love.:icon_chee :icon_bigg

Frida Kahlo theme:icon_love :icon_love :icon_love

Marisol that great pics of Frida Kahlo,and description story about her . ,..very nice job!!!..thanks hunny:icon_love :icon_love

I am actually excited about this DTB. My sister is a huge Frida Kahlo and the last time we went to Mexico, we actually visited her house, which is now a museum.

Wow you and you sister verry lucky ,..can visit Frida kahlo house!!!your sister love frida kahlo,..that great,..!!!!hugs!!she is just the only one painting artish i love,..she is beautiful,..fashionable,....great talented i love her so much :icon_love :icon_bigg

Sorry for oot (out of topic) Congrats on getting all 5 hearts - Queen Talker Suryani!

hihihihi:icon_chee ,....Thank you very much sweety,...:icon_smil :icon_redf

ge juga gak sadar kok udah kepala lima nich diatas avatar ge hahahhahah:icon_redf :icon_chee :icon_bigg

Ooh, great one!

Here's my entry (I did it back in college for a theater makeup class, is that ok??)

Wow,..wow,..Is not just Ok Joyeoux but you so perfect,..!!! verry nice work,..bytheway you get

theater makeup class wow that verry cool!!!:icon_bigg

Ohhhhh Joy I didn't recognise you, I thought it was a pic of the real Frida Kahlo!!!! You look PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I didn't recognize you either Joy!

As Sophia said, it's just perfect!

Woohoo! I got Brow Zing just in time so i can do this challenge LOL! Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries

:icon_eek: OMG *gulp* that is so cool Joy! I didnt recognise you either. Well done girl :clap

So how to achieve a unibrow when you don't have one? I guess the drag king trick of using some clippings of your own hair with some theatrical glue? Am I right?

This should be interesting...

Wow, this one should be fun!! And BTW, Leony, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your new avatar!!!!!!!! You're so beautiful!!!!!!! :icon_love :icon_love :icon_love

Back