The Beauty Krew

facial skin feels rough?

I need help with my skin, I have mild rosacea and redness so i try to avoid exfoliating. I use moisturiser too. Do I need to use a face oil, change moisturiser and exfoliate gently all at the same time? 

• Like 1

Three things might help, if you are not already doing them. 

• Choose a cream instead of a lotion or gel
  • Never use an astringent or toner
  • Use fragrance-free rather than unscented products (they're not exactly the same)

3 hours ago, SilvanaW said:

Three things might help, if you are not already doing them. 

• Choose a cream instead of a lotion or gel
  • Never use an astringent or toner
  • Use fragrance-free rather than unscented products (they're not exactly the same)

thank so much! I bought a rose hip oil and a very soft facial brush. I'm hoping it's going to help. I use a cream moisturiser 

• Like 1

When it comes to facial with natural products then the skin will not be rough. You can use some home remedies like honey for keeping your skin glow. Honey, when taken internally and externally, is excellent for the skin. Personally, I use honey, Turmeric for my skin and sometimes I do facial in Bluedrake parlor. This parlor uses natural products for facial.

I use a face brush regularly. Start out gently and see how it goes. Your skin will tell you what it likes. 

Good luck.

I have that problem before, too. Glad I found my now favorite beauty hub in Marietta, GA. Chemical peeling works best to me. They would suggest what kind of peeling requires for your skin type. 

Microneedling will hurt somewhat. I recommend going to a dermatologist and trying radio frequency micro-needling. The pain is minimal and the results are awesome. They will give you something for the pain if you need it.

• Like 1

I have mild rosacea and redness so i try to avoid exfoliating. I use moisturiser too. Do I need to use a face oil, change moisturiser and exfoliate gently all at the same time?

I would suggest trying things one at a time. If you know exfoliating doesn't work well for your skin, skip it for now. Maybe change your moisturizer first and see how that goes. If you change too many things at once, you won't know what is working or what is causing issues.

If using long needles for microneedling, it might hurt, I've heard. I use 0,5 mm and it doesn't feel much at all. Pain threshold is of course individual; what one think is painful, another person may think doesn't feel anywhere.

If you are worried about the pain and the depth of the needles, try going to a dermatologist or medi-spa. I think you get better results that way, too.

Dry skin can also cause skin texture to feel rough and uneven, especially during the winter months. ... This causes dead skin cells to build up; leading to skin that feels rough and has a dull appearance. Dry skin that lacks moisture also feels less smooth to the touch.

Rough  skin is usually caused by environmental conditions, genetics or excessive bathing and can occur anywhere on the body. Don't worry -- there are many things you can do to hydrate your skin and prevent it from drying out again. Try to follow following points-
1)     Moisturize frequently and consistently
2)     Moisturize when your skin is damp
3)     Change your products seasonal wise. 
4)     Choose the right cleansers: Be careful when choosing a facial or body cleanser, as some cleansers can strip moisture from the skin. Opt for a gentle cream or milk cleanser that will moisturize the skin as it cleanses. Try Dermpura which is a cleanser that Promotes optimal moisture balance to reinforce skin's natural protective barrier and leave it feeling lusciously soft and smooth. A product by  Solvaderm brand which offers various medical grade products helpful in skin rejuvenation. Even, I am also using this. I am very impressed by this line! The products I tried were very gentle on my dry, sensitive skin.

5)     Exfoliate gently:Exfoliating can be great for sloughing off dead skin cells and for smoothing the skin. However, many facial scrubs can also strip the skin of moisture and irritate dry skin. Always moisturize your skin directly after exfoliating.
Hope you find this helpful. Thank You.