Red eyeshadow recommendations?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It is really hard to find a red eyeshadow. I found some cheap ones on the Mod cosmetics site, and the NYX cosmetics site ( tropical, cherry, and red head). Are any of these a good true red? Also what colors do you guys pair red with (just blacks and whites)? Thanks

I would like to know this as well. I have looked at the drugstore and didn't find anything even remotely suitable. I guess for some things, you do have to go high-end.

i think nyx has some really good colors but im not sure if they have what you are looking for.

Yeah, I know Anna Sui has a red eyeshadow (color 400), but it is 18.00, which is kind of high. I mean that's more than MAC. Anyone tried this?

i'm bidding on a mod e/s palette. it obviously has reds. i wouldnt know what to pair it with. although, i feel as if i want to use it as a liner.

MAC has a Pro Pigment color that is a true red... It is just called Basic Red and is lovely! Too you get a lot of it so it will last you probably for the rest of your life if you just use it for occasional red eye looks.

Is it rare or LE, because its not on the website? Maybe they have it at the mall, I'll look into it.

If its a pro item, it is not on their consumer website. You will be able to see it on their pro site, macpro.com. However, unless you have the Pro card you can't order it from the site. You can buy it from the pro store or the 800 number.

I love to pair brown with reds.

My favorite reds are Cranberry from MAC and this reddish shiny one which is not true red but still red and gorgeous from Chanel. Its in a 4 palette, #53. Theres actualy a picture right here in MuT's gallery. *

You are lucky that you can pull off Cranberry. It looks like dirt on me. :wacko:

As Marisol said, it is a MAC PRO color so it is only available in MAC Pro Locations or through their toll free number. You could also have someone near a Pro store CP (Custom Purchase) one for you...

This pic of it is a little dark... But it is of Basic Red. It is a matte, crayon red color. I can take a better pic of it or swatch it if you like.

Im close to the Mac Pro store. i can pick it up for you if you like. also Makeup For Ever has a red one but i think the texture is a little chalky

Hi,

A friend just gave me a sample of MAC's Flammable Red. They also used to make another great red eye paint. Some recently posted a link to site (I believe it was goth). I think they had reds as well.

Actually Bloody Mary Rebel Eyeshadow is very vibrant. It comes in a kit for $11.95. You get a red and two other suprise colors. I've used the Bloody Mary Colors once, before I started using e/s primer and they pop. I'm glad you brought this up b/c you finally reminded me I wanted to buy their Neon Pink. They're also available at Hot Topic.

eye_shadow_kit_lg.jpg

Hello all-

Urban Decay used to have a good red eyeshadow...don't know if they still make it but I have it and I like it...

hi, i've used mac's cherry lipliner on my eyes as shadow/liner and it looked really good! here is a pic of the color....

Back